Unlocking the Dell Streak with a Rebel Sim Card

Guest griff_dai

Guest griff_dai

Hi guys,

If like me you (still waiting for an unlock code-Getting my Dell Streak on Tuesday) here is a youtube video I just found proving it works.....

Dai

Guest griff_dai
Hi guys,

If like me you (still waiting for an unlock code-Getting my Dell Streak on Tuesday) here is a youtube video I just found proving it works.....

Dai

Another youtube video with the rebel sim card

Dai

Guest griff_dai
Link please i have orange and ive ordered the rebel sim

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...ted-the-streak/

pmpritchard who is the guy that rebelsimcard.com are using to prove it works is now saying he's having to swap the sim card out of the phone and back in.......which is fecking pointless....

don't know what to do for the best now.......

I have emailed rebelsimcard to see if they have a solution...

dai

Guest griff_dai
I've only used a RebelSim with a Palm Pre previously but it sounds like no one is resetting the network key on the sim card. These instructions are from the iPhone guide but the same applies to all phones.

http://www.rebelsimcard.com/virtu/images/d...usage-guide.pdf

Can you just talk me through what you mean in layman's terms......... They are selling this as a solution out of box which don't seem to be the case.

Cheers

Dave

Guest Aquillae

Well to make it easier for you this is the guide I followed when I had a Palm Pre with a T-Mobile sim.

If you watch that you should get the idea.

Guest griff_dai
Can you just talk me through what you mean in layman's terms......... They are selling this as a solution out of box which don't seem to be the case.

Cheers

Dave

That process only seems to work with a unlocked or locked 2G phone....... Says not to use a phone that initialises in 3G umts mode which I'm guessing my N1 would do...

Hmmmmmmmm.....

Guest Aquillae
That process only seems to work with a unlocked or locked 2G phone....... Says not to use a phone that initialises in 3G umts mode which I'm guessing my N1 would do...

Hmmmmmmmm.....

The guide is a bit out of date but it worked fine for me when I used my old G1 sim in a Palm Pre. The important part is changing the network on an existing phone, I had no trouble for months once that was done.

Guest griff_dai
The guide is a bit out of date but it worked fine for me when I used my old G1 sim in a Palm Pre. The important part is changing the network on an existing phone, I had no trouble for months once that was done.

A guy in the other thread is trying to get his Orange sim working now in the Streak, we'll see what happens.....

Dai

Guest AndyCr15

I'm getting caught over 2 threads here... I guess this is the one we should use, it's specifically about the Rebel Sim :)

So, I've just realised they ask you to turn on Roaming. I've done this and my internet connection has come on with a H :)

Am I going to end up paying for roaming rather than my usual internet charges? That'll cost me a poop load.

I don't necessarily have faith in the people at Orange to understand if I try to explain all this. How can I tell quickly if I'm paying roaming charges?

Guest griff_dai
I'm getting caught over 2 threads here... I guess this is the one we should use, it's specifically about the Rebel Sim :)

So, I've just realised they ask you to turn on Roaming. I've done this and my internet connection has come on with a H :)

Am I going to end up paying for roaming rather than my usual internet charges? That'll cost me a poop load.

I don't necessarily have faith in the people at Orange to understand if I try to explain all this. How can I tell quickly if I'm paying roaming charges?

Well unless i'm wrong roaming charges only come in if your out of country???

I monitor my Orange contract online especially the charges....

However i'm sure that this can be confirmed by others and I know people are using the rebelsim with T-mobile etc....

So have you got full use now 2g/3G MMS etc?

Dai

Guest griff_dai
I've only used a RebelSim with a Palm Pre previously but it sounds like no one is resetting the network key on the sim card. These instructions are from the iPhone guide but the same applies to all phones.

http://www.rebelsimcard.com/virtu/images/d...usage-guide.pdf

How do mate, I have just played about with my N1 following those instructions and its working fine. Here is my problem though. I'm selling my N1 so I will not have another handset to do this with.

Is this something you have to do from time to time with the Rebel Sim? Is this why they sell the programmer for updates to the firmware or is that something different to obtaining networks keys (i'm guessing it's the latter)....

Dai

Guest AndyCr15

Yeah, I seem to have full HSDPA now.

Okay, here's another problem though, perhaps linked to it thinking I'm roaming, I can't get access to any paid apps in the market? Market Enabler wont work (just says 'Houston, we have a problem' when I tap to enable)

Any ideas? This would be a deal breaker :)

Guest griff_dai
Yeah, I seem to have full HSDPA now.

Okay, here's another problem though, perhaps linked to it thinking I'm roaming, I can't get access to any paid apps in the market? Market Enabler wont work (just says 'Houston, we have a problem' when I tap to enable)

Any ideas? This would be a deal breaker :)

Have you set up your google account on your Streak?

I think market place only works with googlemail account (could be wrong). Was you previous phone an Android phone?

Does me a favour and try your MMS

Dai

Guest Aquillae
How do mate, I have just played about with my N1 following those instructions and its working fine. Here is my problem though. I'm selling my N1 so I will not have another handset to do this with.

Is this something you have to do from time to time with the Rebel Sim? Is this why they sell the programmer for updates to the firmware or is that something different to obtaining networks keys (i'm guessing it's the latter)....

Dai

Well I used a Palm Pre for about 6 months and never had to reset it, but I've read on other forums that some people have to reset it again sometimes.

The programmer is just for updating the firmware or changing the mode of the rebelsim and has nothing to do with the network keys.

Guest griff_dai
Well I used a Palm Pre for about 6 months and never had to reset it, but I've read on other forums that some people have to reset it again sometimes.

The programmer is just for updating the firmware or changing the mode of the rebelsim and has nothing to do with the network keys.

I knew you were going to say that......... Hmmmmmm how the feck do I get around that then.

dai

Guest Aquillae
I knew you were going to say that......... Hmmmmmm how the feck do I get around that then.

dai

You got any other phones, like an old nokia or something? You can use anything to reset the key.

Guest griff_dai
You got any other phones, like an old nokia or something? You can use anything to reset the key.

nope, suppose I could get something off ebay though....

Guest Aquillae
nope, suppose I could get something off ebay though....

Well hopefully you won't have any problems and won't need another phone.

Guest AndyCr15
Have you set up your google account on your Streak?

I think market place only works with googlemail account (could be wrong). Was you previous phone an Android phone?

Yeah, I have a Nexus One, the O2 SIM works fine with the Market, it's just when I put my Orange SIM in it blocks paid apps. Yes, it's logged in to my Google Account, although on 1.6 I don't see how I check this...

Guest griff_dai
Yeah, I have a Nexus One, the O2 SIM works fine with the Market, it's just when I put my Orange SIM in it blocks paid apps. Yes, it's logged in to my Google Account, although on 1.6 I don't see how I check this...

Are you still having problems then?