Unlocking the Dell Streak with a Rebel Sim Card

Guest griff_dai

Guest AndyCr15

Yeah, and in fact I just missed a call... almost certain it didn't ring (it was on the desk in front of me) and I noticed I had a Hullomail Voicemail gmail... I've taken my Orange SIM out and put it back in my N1 :)

I think I might give up with it tbh. It looks the only way it will really work properly is with O2 and I have no interest in switching to them.

Guest griff_dai
Orange working for me. Only tried browsing and market. No paid apps on market though.

I don't understand why paid apps would be nerfed by the rebelsim?

Strange times :)

Guest rovex

Maybe its for the same reason the phone thinks its roaming with a rebel SIM in. It has to be O2 customisations. The phone thinks its not in the UK or somehow the OS is reporting a non original (ie O2) SIM.

Perhaps we will get somewhere when generic ROMs are out.

Guest SgtDavePwnage
Yeah, and in fact I just missed a call... almost certain it didn't ring (it was on the desk in front of me) and I noticed I had a Hullomail Voicemail gmail... I've taken my Orange SIM out and put it back in my N1 :)

I think I might give up with it tbh. It looks the only way it will really work properly is with O2 and I have no interest in switching to them.

If the rebel sim is having issues getting a new network key, your handset will be unable to receive calls while in 3g mode.

Guest pmprichard

Hi

The orange sim seems to sort of work with the rebel sim. I think it is a problem with network keys.

If i go downstairs in my house with my phone it says no service for the first half hour or so which is fine as i don't get signal. After that though it goes to emergency calls only.

If i then bring it upstairs it stays on emergency calls only, and if try to manually connect to orange it says cannot use sim on this network.

I have had a few missed calls when i have been connected, this seems to be hit and miss.

Not sure if the network key times out after a while if you stay in an area of signal.

Hope they get a proper unlock soon or and update to firmware 1.1

Paul

Guest stuliv12

FYI Reply from RebelSim

hi

thanks for feedback

we should have one to test inhouse soon

however try this for now

http://rebelsimcard.com/virtu/images/docum...usage-guide.pdf

as in this guide

reset network sim as shown in a 2g phone

then enter in the dell and make sure dell has 3g off and then will last much longer

we will do some tests and have more info soon

for now this is the only method can allow useage

thanks

Solutions Point Limited

Guest AndyCr15

I don't think that's too good a solution, dropping down to 2g... this thing is all about data, you don't really want to slow that data down :?

Anyone in the UK want to buy mine for £410 Sim Free? :) Otherwise I'll just head back to O2 this week.

Edited by AndyCr15

Guest griff_dai
I don't think that's too good a solution, dropping down to 2g... this thing is all about data, you don't really want to slow that data down :?

Anyone in the UK want to buy mine for £410 Sim Free? :) Otherwise I'll just head back to O2 this week.

Just sold my N1 on ebay so that will cover the cost of paying up my Orange contract. Will get one on the 18 month deal tomorrow/Tuesday. It was my only option although bit gutted to be leaving Orange :'(

Ah well, O2 have me back once again........

Guest klutsh

£410? Direct from O2 they are £399...

Guest stuliv12

i agree, but these things normally find a way through to a resolution either unlocking or through rebel. Dell will release their unlocked version soon of which will bring further development.

Guest rovex
FYI Reply from RebelSim

hi

thanks for feedback

we should have one to test inhouse soon

however try this for now

http://rebelsimcard.com/virtu/images/docum...usage-guide.pdf

as in this guide

reset network sim as shown in a 2g phone

then enter in the dell and make sure dell has 3g off and then will last much longer

we will do some tests and have more info soon

for now this is the only method can allow useage

thanks

Solutions Point Limited

Lame. They sell it as unlocking the Streak and giving it full functionality. Its doesnt so its sold under false pretences. Refund.

Guest Techneut

The point is 'they' do NOT sell the Rebelsim as unlocking the Dell Streak!

They sell it as unlocking the HCT; and somebody else found out you could use it on the Streak as well...

Now, we are waiting for a solution.

Guest giryan
The point is 'they' do NOT sell the Rebelsim as unlocking the Dell Streak!

They sell it as unlocking the HCT; and somebody else found out you could use it on the Streak as well...

Now, we are waiting for a solution.

"Unlock the Dell Streak to any network with Rebel Simcard II"

http://rebelsimcard.com/virtu/

Guest AndyCr15
£410? Direct from O2 they are £399...

You can get it SIM free for £399? I don't think so. £10 a month, 30 days minimum then 30 days cancellation notice. CPW do it £435 SIM free. Just wondered if it might help someone is all.

Tomorrow I'll take it back to O2, it's cost me just £20 to try it for a week... not too bad really. Maybe the Galaxy S next :)

Guest clickspace

You can get them for £399 from O2 with a text and web sim which you can just throw away.

"No contract

Don't want a monthly contract? Only pay when you use it:

• From £399

• O2 Pay & Go Text & Web"

Guest giryan
It's not strictly PAYG. It's a 30 day rolling contract.

umm, this bit

post-610897-1276700696_thumb.jpg

is O2 selling it without a contract, the bit where it says "no contract" being the give away ;)

It's Pay & go, aka payg, not simplicity, which is the 30day contracted one.