Unlocking the Dell Streak with a Rebel Sim Card

Guest griff_dai

Guest vinokirk
Good news, so where to I send my rebelsim back so it can be re-programmed with the correct working firmware ??

Email:

[email protected]

Tell them you were sold the card under the impression it would work fully with 3G networks, as advertised. Obviously it doesn't work with 3G networks, so if they dont upgrade it for free then youll be informing trading standards.

Guest rebelsimcard
You got any other phones, like an old nokia or something? You can use anything to reset the key.

just to let you know a newer firmware for Rebel Sim II is out V1.2 and with you don't need to reset network keys.

This can be found on the downloads page on the Rebel simcard Website

Rebel Simcards

Guest rebelsimcard
Basically I am like a really bad kid at Christmas. I am in the USA. I realize the Streak will be here soon but I want it now !!! I have been reading and I see that using the Rebel card is not 100% and I really want 100% If you were me and if money were no object [of course it is but not for a gadgetaholic, where there is a will there is a way.] would you wait for the USA release or pay the Buy It Now eBay ransom ?? I guess I could wait if I knew for how long .. and if I knew that there was a sure fire way of unlocking it would make my decision much easier. Diane

Rebel Simcard II with V1.2 firmware is a Full Solution %100

Guest vinokirk
Agreed + supports 3g 100%

I'm still having trouble with mine. After the procedure below, its still acting exactly as if it has v1.1 firmware:

I am using a fresh install of XP 32 bit on an old laptop.

I put the reader in, and the light is steady.

I open the program and it detects the reader, there are also the two 'token' devices in Device Manager.

I insert the rebelsim with dummy card.

I open the new firmware file (but no text in the right hand boxes changes).

I write the new firmware to the card and it says 'done' (but no lights on the card reader flash and also if i take the card reader out the usb slot and write the firmware it still says done!).

My questions are:

When you load the v 1.2 firmware, does any text in the right hand boxs change?

Does the light flash for you when you are writing the firmware? YES

How long did it take from you pressing the 'Write firmware&presets' to it saying 'Done'? (mine does it in under one second) ABOUT 20SECS

Is there any way to tell what firmware you have got on the rebelsim from the phone?

Did you have to set up any APNs or did it just work as soon as you put the sim+rebelsim in the phone? THEY POPULATE AUTOMATICALLY

UPDATE:

After watching http://blog.rebelsimcard.com/rebel-sim-ii-...mart-phones.htm it works fine now

Edited by vinokirk

Guest tomqman
My questions are:

Does the light flash for you when you are writing the firmware?

How long did it take from you pressing the 'Write firmware&presets' to it saying 'Done'? (mine does it in under one second)

Is there any way to tell what firmware you have got on the rebelsim from the phone?

Did you have to set up any APNs or did it just work as soon as you put the sim+rebelsim in the phone?

on the reader program it will say when the sim card is detected. if it flash in under a second then it has nor been upgraded. in the device drop down menu click the readed, thats how i got mine working

Guest micduffy
I'm still having trouble with mine. After the procedure below, its still acting exactly as if it has v1.1 firmware:

I am using a fresh install of XP 32 bit on an old laptop.

I put the reader in, and the light is steady.

I open the program and it detects the reader, there are also the two 'token' devices in Device Manager.

I insert the rebelsim with dummy card.

I open the new firmware file (but no text in the right hand boxes changes).

I write the new firmware to the card and it says 'done' (but no lights on the card reader flash and also if i take the card reader out the usb slot and write the firmware it still says done!).

My questions are:

Does the light flash for you when you are writing the firmware? YES

How long did it take from you pressing the 'Write firmware&presets' to it saying 'Done'? (mine does it in under one second) ABOUT 20SECS

Did you have to set up any APNs or did it just work as soon as you put the sim+rebelsim in the phone? THEY POPULATE AUTOMATICALLY

UPDATE:

After watching http://blog.rebelsimcard.com/rebel-sim-ii-...mart-phones.htm it works fine now

I got stung by that - thought I had updated but hadn't - glad u were able to fix

Guest lozw64

my 1.2 firmware all seems to be 100% for the last 4 days now.

what firmware is everyone using? im still on 1.6 wondering if anyone has had any troubles with 2.1, think i may hold off anyway as alot of people seem to be bricking their streaks, and now mine is finally working!

Guest ryanl33x1511
Im using 2.1 with 1.2 and its running fine!

hi. i was wondering what is the point using rebel simcard ? can GPRS EDGE function with Tmobile sim if use the rebel sim?

Guest odna3ra

I have a beta version of the Dell Streak that is compatible with both AT&T and T-Mobile in the US. One week ago T-Mobile started blocking the 3G connection on the beta units. Will the rebel sim card be able to restore the 3G connectivity?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rebelsimcard
You got any other phones, like an old nokia or something? You can use anything to reset the key.

If you update to v1.2 firmware you dont need to reset network keys and have full 3g access and calls in

Rebel Simcard

Hello All,

My first post here.

Just wanted to let everybody know that I have purchased the RebelSim Card 2 with the latest firmware. I e=reside in Pakistan and I am on Warid Tel.

The phone was locked to O2.

Used the rebel sim and it worked Flawlessly. The only thing that I had to enter was the APN and MMS settings. After that works like a charm.

So if you are still thinking I'd say try it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Waqas Yousaf
Hello All,

My first post here.

Just wanted to let everybody know that I have purchased the RebelSim Card 2 with the latest firmware. I e=reside in Pakistan and I am on Warid Tel.

The phone was locked to O2.

Used the rebel sim and it worked Flawlessly. The only thing that I had to enter was the APN and MMS settings. After that works like a charm.

So if you are still thinking I'd say try it.

Hi Bob76,

I'm also in Pakistan. can you please tell from where did u get latest rebel sim card II. Please help me. I have rebel sim card but the firmware is 1.0 which is not very stable. I am looking for latest which is v1.2.

regards,

Waqas

Hi Bob76,

I'm also in Pakistan. can you please tell from where did u get latest rebel sim card II. Please help me. I have rebel sim card but the firmware is 1.0 which is not very stable. I am looking for latest which is v1.2.

regards,

Waqas

Just sent you a PM

Guest everunman
Hi Bob76,

regards,

Waqas

Rebel sim ship worldwide, buy it direct

http://rebelsimcard.com/virtu/index.php?pa...rt&Itemid=1

Guest the.mister.D

Hello Guys,

Just to confirm, if you use Rebel Sim (1.2) with Streak in US, to have it work with Tmobile, it will ONLY be able to connect thru EDGE and not 3g. Is that right?

Edited by the.mister.D

Guest rebelsimcard
Hello Guys,

Just to confirm, if you use Rebel Sim (1.2) with Streak in US, to have it work with Tmobile, it will ONLY be able to connect thru EDGE and not 3g. Is that right?

its not down to the Rebel sim II as the dell Streak does not support the frequency the t Mobile 3G network runs on as far i know

Rebel simcard

Guest qbukhari
Just sent you a PM

Hey Bob76 and all friends,

I reside in Pakistan (Karachi) and got Dell Streak, its locked so I am seeking Rebel SIM II with latest firmware, kindly help me where can I find it in Karachi and for how much cost.

Secondly it was quite unfortunate that the USB cable is lost during our shifting from one flat to other, and I am clueless what to do next. Kindly guide me can I get usb cable for my DELL Streak

I shall be gratefuly for any help you or others can provide (thanks in advance)

Qamar

[email protected]

[email protected]