Rooting problems error 170

Guest munkimatt

Guest munkimatt

Hi Guys

I'm having a nightmare attempting to root my friends Hero. I've rooted several before with no issue, both generic models and network branded models, made goldcards and never had problems. This time though...completely stuck.

I've tried this on two different PCs (Windows 7 and Vista) and each time when I go to run the RUU (tried generic and the Orange UK version) and each time I'm getting the 170 USB error.

I've Googled for a solution and each time the solution is to get the newest version of HTC Sync but I definitely have that installed.The Android SDK is there, I've had USb debugging off and on and each time it's the same thing. I've been in every USB port on both PCs with no luck.

Has anyone got any ideas? Or is there a way to do the process on Linux?

Guest 42turkeys
Hi Guys

I'm having a nightmare attempting to root my friends Hero. I've rooted several before with no issue, both generic models and network branded models, made goldcards and never had problems. This time though...completely stuck.

I've tried this on two different PCs (Windows 7 and Vista) and each time when I go to run the RUU (tried generic and the Orange UK version) and each time I'm getting the 170 USB error.

I've Googled for a solution and each time the solution is to get the newest version of HTC Sync but I definitely have that installed.The Android SDK is there, I've had USb debugging off and on and each time it's the same thing. I've been in every USB port on both PCs with no luck.

Has anyone got any ideas? Or is there a way to do the process on Linux?

Can you access your device in adb? There is a way to flash it in fastboot or hboot if it comes to it!