HTC Hero Class 2, 4, 6 or 8

Guest berilac

Guest berilac

My HTC Hero is a bit sluggish at times and I was wondering if an upgrade to Class 4, 6 or 8 SD card would help?

Also would applying a custom ROM help, I have the default one from Orange, any recommendations?

My HTC Hero is a bit sluggish at times and I was wondering if an upgrade to Class 4, 6 or 8 SD card would help?

Also would applying a custom ROM help, I have the default one from Orange, any recommendations?

Serious post?

IMO the SD card is unlikely to make any tangible difference to your phone versus the incredible speed boost you'll get from going from the Orange ROM to a custom ROM. Android 2.1 seems to be uniformly faster than the 1.5 ROMs so if you don't want to mess around with custom ROMS you could just hang on for Orange to release their version of 2.1 at no expense to yourself. I think the custom ROMs are the way to go.

Guest toxic-hero

couldn't agreed more. only at the moment it seems 2.1 ROMs are far more battery consuming than 1.5. i hope with new offical ROMs to come this would change.

Guest catterick

MCR 3.2 was certainly the fastest and most stable 1.5 ROM for me. Also much easier on the battery!

I'm still to find a 2.1 Sense ROM that gives me the same battery life as MCR 3.2

Guest toxic-hero
Thanks for sending these links , Do you think the MCR 3.2 would be better and more stable?

official hero 2.1 and custom roms that use it (like new MCR) are really quick by default and quite stable already. the only problem is battery consumption. i can't go back to 1.5 because of all new features and market apps but the battery really pisses me off. if you won't miss the new stuff maybe it's better to go to MCR3.2, but i just couldn't do it...

Edited by toxic-hero

Guest sik_gerar

if you use a2sd with app, app-private and dalvik-cache then yes, a class 8 will really do the job. if you are not a a2sd user, dont go for it, you can get a 16gb class 4 and will be the best for you. note that using a2sd will probably use more battery..