[STEEL'S ROM][BETA .65][6.5.5(23569)][SENSE2.5 2015]

Guest Steel Reign

Guest amdzero
I think you need winrar.

well if there are 2 parts, part1 and part2 then just unzip part1 and it will use both. you can use 7zip with no problems. you cannot use part2 by its-self as it doesn't have the first header parts.

Guest mdkpnj

Another question. I tried AMDZero's sense ROM, which I really liked. The problem was within a day I ran out of RAM and had to soft reset or it would freeze, presumably from lact of RAM. On a fresh reset tyhat ROM had about 50m free. I understand this has 70. Is that 20m going to make a difference in stability or just take a bit longer to hit the same problem? I like Sense, but the device has to relaible.

Thanks.

Guest Steel Reign
Another question. I tried AMDZero's sense ROM, which I really liked. The problem was within a day I ran out of RAM and had to soft reset or it would freeze, presumably from lact of RAM. On a fresh reset tyhat ROM had about 50m free. I understand this has 70. Is that 20m going to make a difference in stability or just take a bit longer to hit the same problem? I like Sense, but the device has to relaible.

Thanks.

I'm not sure, as I usually flash everyday right now.

Guest Omega Ra

what do you guys think would happen if I installed cookies home tab over the existing one in the ROM to try to get some functionality back (ie edit home layout, lockscreens, etc.) Would it work?

Guest Steel Reign
what do you guys think would happen if I installed cookies home tab over the existing one in the ROM to try to get some functionality back (ie edit home layout, lockscreens, etc.) Would it work?

Try it and see, you can always uninstall it.

Guest Omega Ra
Try it and see, you can always uninstall it.

True.

EDIT: downloading now, will let you know what happens.

Edited by Omega Ra

Guest Omega Ra

Okay, no go. I installed it and it installed fine, but it wouldn't let me use the CHT editor and now the music player is gone from the one top panel in the home tab and it didn't come back even after uninstall.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Okay, no go. I installed it and it installed fine, but it wouldn't let me use the CHT editor and now the music player is gone from the one top panel in the home tab and it didn't come back even after uninstall.

The latest version of CHT removes the music player.

You can use this or the cab in my NonSense thread to get it back.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Co0kie\HomeLevel0]

"MusicPlayer.visible"=dword:00000001

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Omega Ra
Does it improve free RAM without the music player?

No, my free ram and start-up is about 40 still and weans to 32/33 ish after a little.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Does it improve free RAM without the music player?

Not sure really, but what I think they did with CHT 1.8.5 was turn it off by default probably because if ram. Since the home screen editor does not work for us, we can't turn it back on the easy way.

Guest Omega Ra
The latest version of CHT removes the music player.

You can use this or the cab in my NonSense thread to get it back.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Co0kie\HomeLevel0]

"MusicPlayer.visible"=dword:00000001

thanks, that worked and made me be able to put stuff on the blank level 3...how can I get stuff to go on the bottom portion like where the quick links would go??

Guest Omega Ra
Not sure really, but what I think they did with CHT 1.8.5 was turn it off by default probably because if ram. Since the home screen editor does not work for us, we can't turn it back on the easy way.

Has anyone tried re-installing the editor over this to see if it works...I doubt it based on the home tab results I got but it could be worth a shot.

Guest the sandman
New version(.65) coming out soon, its uploading now.

Look for it here: http://www.4shared.com/dir/d5TXL-YO/Roms.html

Changes.

85mb of space now

Get COLD gps fix in less than 30 seconds!

Ported over i8000 GPS driver!

Tweaked GPS registry settings

Removed imulator

Removed default dialer files

Sweet! I flashed to the 0.55 a couple days ago and I love it. Only problem I have is battery life, my phone died after only 6 hours with moderate use, like texting and facebook for a lil bit, but I'm sure that's normal with Sense. No biggie.

Gonna flash to 0.65 when it's finished uploading, sounds like a good upgrade. I usually get a cold lock within 15-20 seconds everytime even while indoors. Must be in a good gps spot lol.

Great job Steel! Thanks a lot for all your hard work!

Edited by the sandman

Guest Steel Reign
Only problem I have is battery life, my phone died after only 6 hours with moderate use, like texting and facebook for a lil bit.

Sounds like you need the extended battery! It's awesome!

Guest the sandman
Sounds like you need the extended battery! It's awesome!

Do I get it from verizon? It doesn't make the phone look ridiculous does it? Lol. I might get it since ima have this phone for another 20 months and already experiencing battery problems lol

Guest tedkord
Do I get it from verizon? It doesn't make the phone look ridiculous does it? Lol. I might get it since ima have this phone for another 20 months and already experiencing battery problems lol

Yeah, the 2400mah extended battery makes the phone look ridiculous - a big hump sticks out the back of your phone. What ya gonna do, though? If you want more power, then it's your only option.

Guest the sandman

Thanks for the info and link. Gonna check it out and probably will buy it tomorrow. Im willing to make the sacrifice of having a slightly bulkier phone for better battery life

Guest amdzero
Thanks for the info and link. Gonna check it out and probably will buy it tomorrow. Im willing to make the sacrifice of having a slightly bulkier phone for better battery life

I gotta say it was way too bulky for the first few days I used it. I also had a silicone cover that won't fit with the extended battery on it.

But for flights it works out great, I can go all day and still have plenty of juice left over.

In fact having that battery jut out on the back is like a perfect resting spot for my fingers.

Guest the sandman
I gotta say it was way too bulky for the first few days I used it. I also had a silicone cover that won't fit with the extended battery on it.

But for flights it works out great, I can go all day and still have plenty of juice left over.

In fact having that battery jut out on the back is like a perfect resting spot for my fingers.

I dont have any covers for my phone, not even a screen protector, so that shouldnt bother me that much. Usually when school is in session i would have to plug my phone overnight, then when i got home from school i would have to charge it again before i go to work, then charge it again when i get home before i go to sleep. And if i decide to go out at night my phone would be almost dead so in an emergency situation that would suck lol. I use the crap outta my phone through the day and this will help me a lot by reducing all those charge times

Guest WolfpackInCO

Steel - nice work on .65! Is there a way to completely get rid of the tacchan taskbar icons? Some are hard to see in the light and I want to use my own, but can't seem to override some icons (like BT).

Guest Steel Reign
Steel - nice work on .65! Is there a way to completely get rid of the tacchan taskbar icons? Some are hard to see in the light and I want to use my own, but can't seem to override some icons (like BT).

I'm working on making them easier to see, I'll try and make it so they can be overridden.

Also bump for new version links

Guest jezze boi

hey steel, first of all, great ROM!

i've been using them since Beta .1

is there a possibility that you can add jinbox to a future update?

AMD ported it over and has it on his stock rom

it looks a whole lot better than the windows default one, imo