[STEEL'S ROM][BETA .65][6.5.5(23569)][SENSE2.5 2015]

Guest Steel Reign

Guest Steel Reign
hey steel, first of all, great ROM!

i've been using them since Beta .1

is there a possibility that you can add jinbox to a future update?

AMD ported it over and has it on his stock rom

it looks a whole lot better than the windows default one, imo

Sure, I'll check it out.

Guest tedkord

Steel,

Very nice ROM (.65 beta). So far it seems issue-free. My first GPS lock after flashing took about 1 minute - better than previous. Haven't tried again, but based on experience the first is ususlly the longest.

One question: Do we need to download the Xtra data? I remember with the Omnia, there was a program we tried for downloading Xtra data, but it turned out that the data wasn't used. Do I need to D/L and install that program for optimum lock times, or is it an automatic thing?

Thanks again for the excellent work. Who needs android with guys like yourself, AMDZero, Yardi, Ninja, etc...? It's great that all you guys share these breakthroughs with each other, and don't hold your "secrets" close to the vest - it makes the rate of improvement just fly!

Edited by tedkord

Guest Steel Reign
Steel,

Very nice ROM (.65 beta). So far it seems issue-free. My first GPS lock after flashing took about 1 minute - better than previous. Haven't tried again, but based on experience the first is ususlly the longest.

One question: Do we need to download the Xtra data? I remember with the Omnia, there was a program we tried for downloading Xtra data, but it turned out that the data wasn't used. Do I need to D/L and install that program for optimum lock times, or is it an automatic thing?

Thanks again for the excellent work. Who needs android with guys like yourself, AMDZero, Yardi, Ninja, etc...? It's great that all you guys share these breakthroughs with each other, and don't hold your "secrets" close to the vest - it makes the rate of improvement just fly!

I don't have xtra working yet, so theres no need to download it atm.

Guest Steel Reign

Anyways guys, I'm running out of things to think of to put into this rom... what else do you guys want? This rom is going to be out of beta as soon as Ninja4Hire finishes my Black Phone Canvas skin. As it already is MUCH more stable than the orginal rom.

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest amdzero
Anyways guys, I'm running out of things to think of to put into this rom... what else do you guys want? This rom is going to be out of beta as soon as Ninja4Hire finishes my Black Phone Canvas skin. As it already is MUCH more stable than the orginal rom.

hey, I want a phone canvas skin!

Guest nugiene

Hey, what about the email? I've tried Zerosense and Nonsense and both have issues, for me that is, no settings available for yahoo email or gmail. when it tries to download the settings it fails. So does it work on this rom? (Plz say yes...plz say yes...)

Guest Steel Reign
Hey, what about the email? I've tried Zerosense and Nonsense and both have issues, for me that is, no settings available for yahoo email or gmail. when it tries to download the settings it fails. So does it work on this rom? (Plz say yes...plz say yes...)

Yes it does work, but you need to do it through sense.

Guest brainstorm03

2 questions. I have some issues with the email, occasionally showing up with dark blue text on the black background, making it unreadable unless I highlight the text. Sometimes it still shows up with white text and is completely fine. Any idea why?

And second I noticed Bing updated the version on Marketplace, with a list for options instead of the boxes at the bottom that looks a little more user friendly. Any chance the update could be included if it will run ok? As always appreciate all your work, made me love my O2 again after I was giving serious consideration to switching.

Guest brainstorm03

Btw, I haven't updated to .65 yet, doing it tonight, so if this is fixed in that disregard.

Edited by brainstorm03

Guest T DAWGv12

Steel, just a foreword here, your ROM is the first and only ROM (beta 4 and now on to beta 55 and soon to be 65 when I get some time) I have flashed since discovering this little treasure of a community, (wish I had more time to be a more productive part of it but work and family makes that extremely tough but I'm going to try when and where I can!) overall its such a great and stable ROM that I'm going to continue to use it for now, don't get me wrong I definitely will try all the other great sounding ROMs too! Sorry too if I tend to over-explain and thus be more confusing in whatever I may post.

Since you are looking for requests, I would like to see the samsung calculator added back in because whatever the calc is that is there, I guess the standard winmo version, is inferior. The included calc is also extremely hard to see now with all the black backgrounds because it has dark blue text. I did look for a samsung calculator rom and only found one here in the i8000 cab repository called powercalc. It is just what I am looking for BUT it lacks the updated feature of the DC23 update which keeps what you are typing out in the display window while you are doing so like on a graphing calc for example. Basically I can't find an i920 post DC23 powercalc cab.

Next Up and I'm not sure If you are looking for this sort of input but I want to be able to use Singer Creations Weather Watcher Mobile. It is a bit dated in the interface being not so touch specifically friendly but I have tried a couple other weather options like weather bug and though fancier they are not as easy to use and understand at a glance. I followed a post at singer creations website that had me edit the registry in hopes of getting it to work without launching the opera browser to display the weather info. Since the reg edit it no longer launches opera but simply remains as an entirely black background below the tabs and nothing is visible. I don't know if this is related to the black background for all the areas from the ROM of something else I would need to tweak in the registry as the info was from a while back for winmo 6.1. If you are interested here is a link to the post (if it will let me post a link)

http://www.singerscreations.com/Forum/view...p;view=previous

I then clicked the link in the 3rd post down to here:

http://www.singerscreations.com/Forum/view...;p=14055#p14055

So anyhow Opera 10 seems to be a little more crash prone than I ever experienced on the stock O2 interface. Admittedly I have not used opera 10 on your room much at all since flashing (just haven't had much time for casual browsing since I have been busy). Uzard crashes equally as much it seems with your ROM compared to stock which seems pretty often but I know its beta so no complaint since it plays flash stuff like youtube so well.

While I have wandered on through my thoughts here I hope I'm still on subject and I'm sure I forgot something I meant to mention. Anything that requires further input or explanation let me know. Thanks to all of you for your hard work and keep it up!

-Tyler

Guest wahoolakeshow

Ok so I just flashed to your lastest ROM and for some reason why I unlock my phone with S2U my home screen does not appear. I can access the Start Menu but when I'm done and tap the "X" button on the start menu and it just stays there like the start menu is the home screen. I can tap the start menu again and access the start menu so the phone is not completely frozen but Atimes i have to soft reset because I cannot access my home screen...any ideas?

Guest Steel Reign
Ok so I just flashed to your lastest ROM and for some reason why I unlock my phone with S2U my home screen does not appear. I can access the Start Menu but when I'm done and tap the "X" button on the start menu and it just stays there like the start menu is the home screen. I can tap the start menu again and access the start menu so the phone is not completely frozen but Atimes i have to soft reset because I cannot access my home screen...any ideas?

I don't know what to say... this sounds like sense isn't starting up.

Guest maldonj1
I'm working on making them easier to see, I'll try and make it so they can be overridden.

Also bump for new version links

i am big on taskbar icons and love the ones AMD uses, i think thats whats holding me up from flashing yours, but if you can make yours editable to where i can install his then i am all for it

Guest hannibal81168
Yes it does work, but you need to do it through sense.

Steel,

Great ROM!

My issues lies with outlook. it will not allow me to input the domain and thus i cannot set it up. Any help here?

Guest Steel Reign
Steel,

Great ROM!

My issues lies with outlook. it will not allow me to input the domain and thus i cannot set it up. Any help here?

All these issues are very odd, I'm going to try adding some files that I took out of the current rom and see if that fixes it... Anyways if you guys want to you can add these files back into the windows directory. And see if that fixes it. I don't know if it will, infact I don't even think it will but it's worth a shot.

http://www.4shared.com/file/b3mIDMUI/SECDialer.html

Guest maldonj1
Steel,

Great ROM!

when adding your server information make sure you DO NOT have @domain in your username or else the domain section will be greyed out, happend to me and took me about 10 min to figure out

Guest hannibal81168
when adding your server information make sure you DO NOT have @domain in your username or else the domain section will be greyed out, happend to me and took me about 10 min to figure out

Wowwwww!...worked like a charm. Now i just feel dumb! Thanks for the help..."hey Ma! l look, i got email again"...lol

Guest maldonj1
Wowwwww!...worked like a charm. Now i just feel dumb! Thanks for the help..."hey Ma! l look, i got email again"...lol

haha, good to hear, thats what we are here for!

Guest Omega Ra

my e-mail issue consists of, it show me having a hotmail setup, but it isn't (it was before I flashed but isn't in the windows one now) and it won't let me remake it or delete it.

Guest maldonj1
my e-mail issue consists of, it show me having a hotmail setup, but it isn't (it was before I flashed but isn't in the windows one now) and it won't let me remake it or delete it.

is the hotmail setup on your pc via active sync?

Guest Omega Ra
is the hotmail setup on your pc via active sync?

it shouldn't be, when it was on before the flash the windows live app set it up. I try to look at the settings for the hotmail through manila but it won't let me look at it at all...it is greyed out. but there. When I try to re-make it it says that e-mail is already in use by another account.

Guest maldonj1
it shouldn't be, when it was on before the flash the windows live app set it up. I try to look at the settings for the hotmail through manila but it won't let me look at it at all...it is greyed out. but there. When I try to re-make it it says that e-mail is already in use by another account.

what happens when you go through start/email, can you delete /edit it there?

Guest Omega Ra
what happens when you go through start/email, can you delete /edit it there?

when I look at my account through windows, hotmail isn't there at all. Just my AOL, which works, I can get my mail from that.