[STEEL'S ROM][BETA .65][6.5.5(23569)][SENSE2.5 2015]

Guest Steel Reign

Guest maldonj1
when I look at my account through windows, hotmail isn't there at all. Just my AOL, which works, I can get my mail from that.

sorry i misunderstood, i thought you could get your hotmail email through AOL, (like you are forwarding it or something), so i guess im at a loss, i know i can go in through windows, email then i can see my accounts and either edit or delete them, im wondering if you have something corrupted in the registry.

Edited by maldonj1

Guest DaveDogMoore
Anyways guys, I'm running out of things to think of to put into this rom... what else do you guys want? This rom is going to be out of beta as soon as Ninja4Hire finishes my Black Phone Canvas skin. As it already is MUCH more stable than the orginal rom.

How about Rom Customization Wizard?

Guest DaveDogMoore

.65 beta findings:

settings - wireless controls, still does nothing (I thought there was a fix for this, sigh)

Sense Facebook App - there has to be something out there that works cause this sure doesn't

( I realize the WinMo version is in, but maybe FaceBook Tab or something that goes well with Sense)

yes-no buttons in dialog boxes do not appear, so far I've been lucky in guessing their locations

does the weather app take some time to update its city database? It doesn't seem to find Spokane in this build, but has previously.

Good work Steel, keep it up!

Guest DaveDogMoore
.65 beta findings:

settings - wireless controls, still does nothing (I thought there was a fix for this, sigh)

Sense Facebook App - there has to be something out there that works cause this sure doesn't

( I realize the WinMo version is in, but maybe FaceBook Tab or something that goes well with Sense)

yes-no buttons in dialog boxes do not appear, so far I've been lucky in guessing their locations

does the weather app take some time to update its city database? It doesn't seem to find Spokane in this build, but has previously.

Not an issue with the build, but just an observation:

Ok, so if I get this right, the Sense Facebook app does a nice job of upgrading your contact photos to their current Facebook profile pic, this is nice. It seems that Activesync does not send these new pics to outlook contacts in Outlook 2007 (bummer).

Guest Steel Reign
How about the SenseSDK so this ROM's speed with increase 10 fold? :)

X

Sounds interesting I'll look into it, right now I'm porting over the HTC HD mini sense, so it will be graphically accelerated, just to give you an idea of how much faster it will be... the HTC HD mini uses a 600mhz processor... ours is 800mhz(of course you can't compare directly, you have to take other things into account such as operations per clock cycle etc, but ours is still faster), AND ours has a more powerful gpu. It is not opengles1 but opengles2 =) Which for us is MUCH faster, as we don't have to use a user made driver. No offence to the people that make those, I have the utmost respect for you guys... but theres lots of optimization to be done from what I understand with our current opengles1 driver.

Heres a link about it:

.65 beta findings:

I'll work on the wireless controls later, if you want you can help me find a fix for it... I haven't been able to work on this rom lately so any help would help me ALOT.

Facebook app - its working for me in my current rom O_o

Yes-no dialog buttons - Did you soft reset the device after you first booted it up?

The weather app - Works for me just fine. Even in small towns that I didn't even know existed.

Anyways I'd like to put out a big THANK YOU to all you guys for your awesome feedback!

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest maldonj1
Anyways guys, I'm running out of things to think of to put into this rom... what else do you guys want? This rom is going to be out of beta as soon as Ninja4Hire finishes my Black Phone Canvas skin. As it already is MUCH more stable than the orginal rom.

two things i'd like to see are a shortcuts tab for programs, not sure if this was replaced with quick links.

a way to keep data connection off when wifi is on, no matter what i try my data connection renables itself even if wifi is connected

Edited by maldonj1

Guest amdzero
two things i'd like to see are a shortcuts tab for programs, not sure if this was replaced with quick links.

a way to keep data connection off when wifi is on, no matter what i try my data connection renables itself even if wifi is connected

can you turn the phone off? You might want to surf the web via wifi and still be able to use the phone to call someone, I'm not sure, but a quick fix would be to turn the phone off and just use wifi.

Guest xlightwaverx

ya, that data connection is what bogs sense down the most. goto your samsung settings, and under data connection, switch it to "use modem". that will boost the sense ui speed because now it no longer spends all day updating itself, location, weather, stocks, what you ate for supper last night, etc.

only thing is when you wanna use your internet, you gotta switch it back. but its worth the battery life and speed in my book, though i still dont use it :angry:

X

Guest amdzero
ya, that data connection is what bogs sense down the most. goto your samsung settings, and under data connection, switch it to "use modem". that will boost the sense ui speed because now it no longer spends all day updating itself, location, weather, stocks, what you ate for supper last night, etc.

only thing is when you wanna use your internet, you gotta switch it back. but its worth the battery life and speed in my book, though i still dont use it :angry:

X

is this option tied to a registry setting?

I can make a toggle type of app to do this for you.

Just need the registry setting that it affects.

Guest xlightwaverx

Nice, build it with Sense SDK :angry:

X

I'm not sure where the registry entry is. Actually it may not be a reg entry cause you would have to reboot for that to take effect or at least restart the application??? This does it as soon as you select OK.

is this option tied to a registry setting?

I can make a toggle type of app to do this for you.

Just need the registry setting that it affects.

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest tedkord
Sounds interesting I'll look into it, right now I'm porting over the HTC HD mini sense, so it will be graphically accelerated, just to give you an idea of how much faster it will be... the HTC HD mini uses a 600mhz processor... ours is 800mhz(of course you can't compare directly, you have to take other things into account such as operations per clock cycle etc, but ours is still faster), AND ours has a more powerful gpu. It is not opengles1 but opengles2 =) Which for us is MUCH faster, as we don't have to use a user made driver. No offence to the people that make those, I have the utmost respect for you guys... but theres lots of optimization to be done from what I understand with our current opengles1 driver.

This has me excited! How's it going?

Guest unchoney

Steel I love the full screen called id but is there a way to integrate a larger dialer? My fingers are to fat! Have to use the stylus when dialing.

Guest Steel Reign
Steel I love the full screen called id but is there a way to integrate a larger dialer? My fingers are to fat! Have to use the stylus when dialing.

I'll look into it, right now I'm working a bunch of special projects =) including MaxSense and a opengles2 accelerated sense =D.

I'm sure theres a way, try looking for phone canvas wvga cabs.

This has me excited! How's it going?

It's going so-so, i'm having trouble porting the files over as my batch files arent working right so I gotta do the files one by one ._. Not to mention my laptops screen broke and now I can only work on roms when I'm at home on my desktop.

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest Omega Ra
I'll look into it, right now I'm working a bunch of special projects =) including MaxSense and a opengles2 accelerated sense =D.

awesome sense accelerated by the opengl that our phones use :angry:

Guest maldonj1

It's going so-so, i'm having trouble porting the files over as my batch files arent working right so I gotta do the files one by one ._. Not to mention my laptops screen broke and now I can only work on roms when I'm at home on my desktop.

if you want to upload files somewhere and let me know what i can do to help i have 3 laptops at work, 1 with winxp and two with win7 32bit i'd be glad to help.

Guest unchoney

Max sense ! Take your time on the dialer getting the itch to flash again!

Guest tedkord
if you want to upload files somewhere and let me know what i can do to help i have 3 laptops at work, 1 with winxp and two with win7 32bit i'd be glad to help.

Yeah, is there any way I can help with this. I'm no computer expert, but I'll give it a try.

Guest norm883

Thank you so much!!!

Worst night possible with this phone until I flashed this GEM.

ALL works perfect. I even lost my CSC in the process from the i920 but flows without a problem.

AMD thank you for all your help. I did not even need to add a program but I do like Total Commander and the HTC MP3 Trimmer.

The reset option is pure pleasure on this ROM.

O2 flash light need to find out how to map to a button but it is there and functional. Whatever happened to the torch from the i910?

Samsung seems to make them better and worse at the same time!!!

Also the nightmare began with the bricking of my i910 :angry:

All related to bluetooth and the new car. New regs in PA with phone and that phone died during the official VZW upgrade.

Lost the eboot. Can the new ROMs due the contacts via bluetooth? Does have option on the Garmin but never uploads?

Sorry for the rambling but I am so excited.

Finally a pot of gold at the end of a very twisted rainbow.

Norm883

Guest Steel Reign

Just fyi people this is going to be the last release for a few weeks, as I have been extremely busy lately, and this build is pretty stable.