[STEEL'S ROM][BETA .65][6.5.5(23569)][SENSE2.5 2015]

Guest Steel Reign

Guest justindee
What do you mean full animation? The raindrops and windshield wiper, or the clouds that traverse the full screen? If so, it can be done. I've taken Sense off my i920, because of the performance hit it incurs, so I don't remember the exact steps. But, you've got programmable buttons at the bottom of the home screen. If you flick them upward, it brings up a full screen of unused, programmable buttons. Click on one, then from the menu that comes up, it's under miscellaneous or toggle or some category like that - there's a button for choosing on or off for the full animation. Select that button, and then you can use it to toggle the full animation on or off.

I think there's a reg edit that does the same thing, but I can't remember it. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I just don't remember.

Thanks, but I too have gotten rid of the sense because of a lack of smoothness overall, which is sad really, that devices with lesser hardware could run this better. Samsung has a lot to answer for in their devices.

Guest Steel Reign
Thanks, but I too have gotten rid of the sense because of a lack of smoothness overall, which is sad really, that devices with lesser hardware could run this better. Samsung has a lot to answer for in their devices.

I'm actually seriously thinking about abandoning this project, and just replacing sense with a really heavily modified titanium, as I don't even use sense anymore, so I see no reason to continue this rom.

I'm actually seriously thinking about abandoning this project, and just replacing sense with a really heavily modified titanium, as I don't even use sense anymore, so I see no reason to continue this rom.

That's a shame, you may call this a beta but IMO it's the best Sense for out i920s.

It runs stable already but it would be a disappointment not to see it get even closer to perfection.

Guest Steel Reign
That's a shame, you may call this a beta but IMO it's the best Sense for out i920s.

It runs stable already but it would be a disappointment not to see it get even closer to perfection.

Alright, I guess I can make 2 builds. =)

• 1 month later...
Guest mikee4fun

Steel thank you for your kitchen but when trying to cook a rom on windows 7 x65 when it gets to wmreloc or perhaps right after it dies and closes the cmd windows stating file not found. Can you upload your kitchen.

Thanks in advance!

Mikee

Edited by mikee4fun

Guest iamandrewww

Hi, is there a way to flick through the music list faster? I have over 700 songs and it really takes a while to find a song that simply starts with an "N".

Hi, is there a way to flick through the music list faster? I have over 700 songs and it really takes a while to find a song that simply starts with an "N".

Which media player are you talking about? The windows media player lets you open up the keyboard and type in songs name but the samsung touch player doesn't for some reason, I don't think the sense music player will let you either.

Anyways if you're not already overclocking your phone you should especially when running sense.

Oh, I'm using this media player:

It's the one that came with the ROM

And can you please explain what "overclocking" means? I am fairly new to all this. I know I may be asking for a lot, but Thank you in advance.

That would be the sense player, I haven't used it much but as far as I know there is no easy way to navigate the songs list in it. I personally don't care for the HTC media player at all even when it's running on actual HTC devices.

There should also be another labeled either Touch Player or Media Player, this is the samsung one and in the song list here you should be able to drag the scroll bar on the right of the screen down and it will scroll through songs by their starting letter, though it can be fairly laggy and requires very gentle movements to get to exactly where you want to go. Though that doesn't work in the now playing list only when browsing through the library.

Then there's the default Windows Media player which when in a song listing you can just press the keyboard icon and type in "N" and it will bring up all songs that start with a N, or you can type in part of the songs title and it will bring up matches. But windows media is not very finger friendly at all.

Overclocking means setting your CPU to run at faster speed then what it's set to from the factory, this can make things smoother on your phone but will reduce battery life a bit, you also have to find the right speed that works for you and your programs or else it will cause lock ups. The default speed is 800mhz and I overclock mine to 900 and I find it works with any program I use, some people do set it higher though.

I know both Steel and AMD include custom scripts to overclock, they should be in a folder labeled overclock in your start menu, but I prefer to use this program, it's not very pretty but I haven't had any problems with it.

Guest amdzero
That would be the sense player, I haven't used it much but as far as I know there is no easy way to navigate the songs list in it. I personally don't care for the HTC media player at all even when it's running on actual HTC devices.

There should also be another labeled either Touch Player or Media Player, this is the samsung one and in the song list here you should be able to drag the scroll bar on the right of the screen down and it will scroll through songs by their starting letter, though it can be fairly laggy and requires very gentle movements to get to exactly where you want to go. Though that doesn't work in the now playing list only when browsing through the library.

Then there's the default Windows Media player which when in a song listing you can just press the keyboard icon and type in "N" and it will bring up all songs that start with a N, or you can type in part of the songs title and it will bring up matches. But windows media is not very finger friendly at all.

Overclocking means setting your CPU to run at faster speed then what it's set to from the factory, this can make things smoother on your phone but will reduce battery life a bit, you also have to find the right speed that works for you and your programs or else it will cause lock ups. The default speed is 800mhz and I overclock mine to 900 and I find it works with any program I use, some people do set it higher though.

I know both Steel and AMD include custom scripts to overclock, they should be in a folder labeled overclock in your start menu, but I prefer to use this program, it's not very pretty but I haven't had any problems with it.

There are many options for playing music on your phone, in addition to the ones already mentioned, you could try Nitrogen (freeware) or S2P (not freeware anymore, but there is an older free version).

Guest mikee4fun

Anyone using the kitchen???? If anyone is let me know if you have a working one, or perhaps it just will not work on windows 7x64. I want to ramp up development for Sense 2.5 so I need a working kitchen to start working with.

Thanks,

Mikee

Guest amdzero
Anyone using the kitchen???? If anyone is let me know if you have a working one, or perhaps it just will not work on windows 7x64. I want to ramp up development for Sense 2.5 so I need a working kitchen to start working with.

Thanks,

Mikee

pm me

I am having trouble getting my Hotmail and Gmail email accounts to work. The status bar just states that it's logging in but never logs in on either account and I cannot see any of my mail. Any suggestions?

Guest benicillin

awesome rom steel. i love everything about it. the only problem is, (and i know it has been mentioned once before), when i come back from the lock screen sometimes it sends me to a blank screen and i have to pull the battery. its the s2u2 lock screen. using the windows lock screen fixes the problem but i HATE the windows lock screen its SOOO slow. i cant stand using it!!!

there is also some interaction between the lock screen and alarms that sound while the device is locked. it seems when the device is locked and an alarm is scheduled to sound, sometimes it fails to sound (though it may appear on the screen), but the device then gets stuck at the alarm screen and wont send me back home. i hope there is a way around this, i cant keep waking up late for work but i really want to use your ROM!

i notice that the problem is specific to the home screen and doesnt seem to affect other apps. for example, if i add shortcuts to apps on the hard buttons on the sides of the device and i click them while the device is at the black screen, the apps will load. however, once i hit the red end call key to go back to the home screen, i am left with a blank screen again. im mentioning this bc its not quite that the phone is 'locking up' -- its more that the sense OS seems to be getting confused in some way.

Guest benicillin
awesome rom steel. i love everything about it. the only problem is, (and i know it has been mentioned once before), when i come back from the lock screen sometimes it sends me to a blank screen and i have to pull the battery. its the s2u2 lock screen. using the windows lock screen fixes the problem but i HATE the windows lock screen its SOOO slow. i cant stand using it!!!

there is also some interaction between the lock screen and alarms that sound while the device is locked. it seems when the device is locked and an alarm is scheduled to sound, sometimes it fails to sound (though it may appear on the screen), but the device then gets stuck at the alarm screen and wont send me back home. i hope there is a way around this, i cant keep waking up late for work but i really want to use your ROM!

i notice that the problem is specific to the home screen and doesnt seem to affect other apps. for example, if i add shortcuts to apps on the hard buttons on the sides of the device and i click them while the device is at the black screen, the apps will load. however, once i hit the red end call key to go back to the home screen, i am left with a blank screen again. im mentioning this bc its not quite that the phone is 'locking up' -- its more that the sense OS seems to be getting confused in some way.

im replying to my own message -- i also have a problem with touchplayer turning off when the s2u2 lock screen comes up. i searched and found out that this can be fixed by going to settings -- advanced -- dont suspend power -- ON (default is OFF). I will post if that also fixes the blank screen problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest benicillin
im replying to my own message -- i also have a problem with touchplayer turning off when the s2u2 lock screen comes up. i searched and found out that this can be fixed by going to settings -- advanced -- dont suspend power -- ON (default is OFF). I will post if that also fixes the blank screen problem.

again replying to myself... it works. no problems with touchplayer turning off when screen turns off now and no more problems with the home screen freezing out. if i cant get to the home screen with just one click of the end call button, a few more will get me there for sure now. : )

• 1 month later...
Guest pma7779

I am downloading Beta 6.5 part 1 & 2. What do I need to do with part 1 & 2. Do I need to combine them into 1 file and if so, how? I have 7zip but have no clue how to use it? Someone help!!

Guest Thong Tran
I am downloading Beta 6.5 part 1 & 2. What do I need to do with part 1 & 2. Do I need to combine them into 1 file and if so, how? I have 7zip but have no clue how to use it? Someone help!!

you need to download 2 parts into one folder and extract file part1. It automatically extracts 2 file into one file .nb0 (part PDA of ROM). Try it again...

Guest Thong Tran
I just tried to d/l this kitchen a few minutes ago. The link works fine. I'm using Firefox.

Thanks. The link works fine this morning...

Wishing all members a Happy Holidays Season and a Prosperous New Year!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thong Tran

About Steel Sense on i920: Please help me to solve these problems:

1. Settings/About Phone/Hardware Information: without any information???

2. Settings/About Phone/Software Information: only info of OS version, Manila version...The rest such as ROM ver, ROM date ... no info at all

3. Settings/Location: cannot choose Download satellites.

4. Settings/Application: cannot choose Managed programs.

5. in Tab HOME: it shows My location: GMT+6 Astana, Dhaka: I cannot change to another place (city) by default...After restart/reset, it returns its GMT+6 Astana...

7. In Tab People: it shows matrix 3x3 layout...I want to change into other layout as People Tab in TouchFlo3D, or as in SPB mobile shell layout.

Edited by Thong Tran

• 1 month later...
Guest NavarroJ

Steel,

Thank you for all of the hard work you have put into these ROMs. The Beta 6.5 is by far the best ROM I have put on my phone yet. Myself, and I'm sure everyone else that has been following this thread really appreciates everything you have done to get these ROMs working. I am trying to figure out how to change the background color and the font color within Outlook back to the default but I can't seem to figure out where you made the changes. Would you, or anyone else who may know point me in the right direction? thanks again for everything.

JC