[STEEL'S ROM][BETA .65][6.5.5(23569)][SENSE2.5 2015]

Guest Steel Reign

Guest Steel Reign
Hey Steel and the rest of the Gang!

I've been using the Beta 4 since its release and the last 48 hours have been weird. The dialer keeps locking up and now its dropping calls. Specifically, If I am in a phone call and try and navigate through any of the menus in the dialer I get locked up and cannot get back to the root dialing screen. further even after the cal ends I am still trapped in the menus and only a restart gets me back up and running. Similar experiences if I Open up a Word doc to write a note in while on a call. When I try and get back to the dialer screen it gets all hung up in the menus and sometimes even disconnects me.

I know its still a beta, but it looked so nice I had to try it. Going back to the AMDZero LITE ROM for now and I'll circle back on another build.

Oh and really sweet work from you AMDZero and Ninja4Hire! You guys turn out some real quality stuff! Its a shame that Samsung and Verizon have no vision. *Imagine people are getting paid to turn out that Stock junk and you guys do 100's better work as a hobby!

Sounds like somethings wrong with the input keyboard. Try changing the input keyboard under settings->personal->input

did you post a fix for some of the black on black text and buttons in the GT theme?

Nope, I thought I fixed it in the latest build.

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest Omega Ra
Sounds like somethings wrong with the input keyboard. Try changing the input keyboard under settings->personal->input

I downloaded the MORE ROM ROM from the first set of links before you changed it. But I still have in settings for example the word at the top telling me which tab I am in is black on black and the buttons of a window that pops up asking if I want to continue (or whatever) the buttons are not visible.

Guest maldonj1

you can also just hold down the keyboard button in a message and you will get a popup

Guest Omega Ra

sucks...had to hard reset the phone because when I uninstalled a newer version of swype it wouldn't get past the windows screen anymore...does the manual hard reset clear out my storage too??

Guest amdzero
sucks...had to hard reset the phone because when I uninstalled a newer version of swype it wouldn't get past the windows screen anymore...does the manual hard reset clear out my storage too??

not the one you do with the buttons. I think there is a hard reset you can do somewhere in samsung settings that will reset your my storage.

Guest Omega Ra

yeah I had to do the buttons one, and My Storage is still there thankfully. Now just restoring my contacts then re-installing and tweaking...

Guest WinJo69

I checked and its still set to Swype. Its very weird

Thanks.

Guest brainstorm03

Of course this comes out right after I FINALLY got everything set how I like it! Happy to see the the black on black fixed, and the Touch Player options are all things I've wanted fixed on it since I got the phone, so it's worth flashing it again. Guess I'll be setting everything up again this weekend!

Guest Steel Reign
Of course this comes out right after I FINALLY got everything set how I like it! Happy to see the the black on black fixed, and the Touch Player options are all things I've wanted fixed on it since I got the phone, so it's worth flashing it again. Guess I'll be setting everything up again this weekend!

Yep i cabbed the touch player, but unfortunatly it won't install main memory =|

Guest tedkord

Awesome. More rommy goodness. The only problem is the choices! Steel, AMDZero, Ninja4Hire, Yardi...Which do I go with????!!!!! Is the page pool still set to stock on this one? Ninja has his page pool set to 24mb, but he like 6.5, and I prefer 6.5.X for the X in the lower right. I'm torn between trying yours for for the 6.5.5 loving, but I'm curious if an increased pagepool will make Sense a bit more fluid. On the other hand, I could just stick with AMDZero's ZeroSense, which is honestly damned near perfect (other than a slight lag on Sense which is no one's fault)

Choice is good. I hate choice.

I wish I had more free time to learn how to cook up my own ROM, but between work and family, I often don't even have time to flash a new ROM.

Edited by tedkord

Guest Steel Reign
Awesome. More rommy goodness. The only problem is the choices! Steel, AMDZero, Ninja4Hire, Yardi...Which do I go with????!!!!! Is the page pool still set to stock on this one? Ninja has his page pool set to 24mb, but he like 6.5, and I prefer 6.5.X for the X in the lower right. I'm torn between trying yours for for the 6.5.5 loving, but I'm curious if an increased pagepool will make Sense a bit more fluid. On the other hand, I could just stick with AMDZero's ZeroSense, which is honestly damned near perfect (other than a slight lag on Sensem which is no one's fault)

I wish I had more free time to learn how to cook up my own ROM, but between work and family, I often don't even have time to flash a new ROM.

I'll try upping the page pool in a little bit, but right now i'm focused on theming it up and putting in programs from other omnia IIs such as the korean version.

Guest xlightwaverx

The lag is fixable for the most part.

Sense only lags when there's a data connection, or so it seems. Trying switching to data to connection to "modem only" and see if Sense speeds up for you. It does for me. Disable all the SENSE automagic data access options (weather, internet time, etc), and do modem only if you still see your phone accessing the net. Switch back when you want to use internet.

Also try the HTC cab for the task manager. it has the ability to kill off apps and keep your ram at a desired amount, which prevents bog down, but the only way i could figure out how to set that feature is through advanced configuration 3.x

X

Awesome. More rommy goodness. The only problem is the choices! Steel, AMDZero, Ninja4Hire, Yardi...Which do I go with????!!!!! Is the page pool still set to stock on this one? Ninja has his page pool set to 24mb, but he like 6.5, and I prefer 6.5.X for the X in the lower right. I'm torn between trying yours for for the 6.5.5 loving, but I'm curious if an increased pagepool will make Sense a bit more fluid. On the other hand, I could just stick with AMDZero's ZeroSense, which is honestly damned near perfect (other than a slight lag on Sense which is no one's fault)

Guest WolfpackInCO

This ROM is a nice update - running smooth so far!

Anyone know how to make the Calendar stay expanded to at least two lines to allow it to still show appts. when there's a VM and or missed call? right now it can be pulled down but always shrinks back.

Guest Omega Ra
I'll try upping the page pool in a little bit, but right now i'm focused on theming it up and putting in programs from other omnia IIs such as the korean version.

like the slider lockscreen with touchplayer controls?

Guest Omega Ra
Which omnia II is this in?

KOREAN, the same one that the faster main menu is from. If you look in the thread about the main menu you will find a couple pages in the files for the lockscreen, it has an .exe and .dll involved. But their lockscreen isn't a flash one like ours.

Guest Ninja4Hire
KOREAN, the same one that the faster main menu is from. If you look in the thread about the main menu you will find a couple pages in the files for the lockscreen, it has an .exe and .dll involved. But their lockscreen isn't a flash one like ours.

Yeah I was gonna look into that thing, but got side tracked somewhere. Maybe I'll get back on it.

Guest Omega Ra

question, since you now have the newer better touchplayer...does iMulator have to be in there? between that, the sense music tab, and touchplayer that is 3 musicplayers and TCPMP is also in there...not sure how big those files are, but it seems a little redundant.

Guest Steel Reign
question, since you now have the newer better touchplayer...does iMulator have to be in there? between that, the sense music tab, and touchplayer that is 3 musicplayers and TCPMP is also in there...not sure how big those files are, but it seems a little redundant.

Yeah, i'm going to be removing imulator, but i'm keeping TCPMP, as it can do mkv.

Guest Omega Ra

ahh cool. Question, have you guys figured out why the CHT lockscreens don't work or why I can't edit my home tab layout?

Guest mdkpnj

How does part 1 and part 2 work. I thought I just un-zip to the same directory. Part1 un-zips fine. Part 2 I get the following error, please see the attached image of the error.

I use 7Zip.

Thanks.

post-487008-1278640678_thumb.png

Guest Omega Ra
How does part 1 and part 2 work. I thought I just un-zip to the same directory. Part1 un-zips fine. Part 2 I get the following error, please see the attached image of the error.

I use 7Zip.

Thanks.

I think you need winrar.