Swype beta

Guest marra2

Guest marra2

Just got the new swype beta delivered to my inbox this morning and it works great on the streak in landscape and portrait mode !!! My streak just keeps getting better :0)

Guest TomDroid
Just got the new swype beta delivered to my inbox this morning and it works great on the streak in landscape and portrait mode !!! My streak just keeps getting better :0)

Is it available in the Android Market - been looking forward to this!! :)

Guest TomDroid

Just got it ! It is very nice, but in landscape, one of the buttons on the far right of the screen is half off the page (I think it's a smiley though, so no probs). Awesome in portrait tho....

Guest Wonford

I just signed up for the beta and got emailed a link pretty much straight away.

It works alot better than expected, but also seems a bit of a learning curve. However the big keys compaired to dell's keyboard are nice even when used as a standard keyboard. Deffently recomend having a go with it!

Ronnie ;)

Guest Dunhamzzz

Got it and enjoying it. Only been playing around with it at the moment, still waiting to put it to a practical use.

From playing around it seems the Streaks glass surface isn't the best for dragging your finger around constantly.

Guest Andy Garton

I got it now too and it seems very good. I can't get double tap to select a word to work though (in either mail or browser), does anybody else have this working? It's a pretty key feature obviously for word correction.

Guest huggsy
I got it now too and it seems very good. I can't get double tap to select a word to work though (in either mail or browser), does anybody else have this working? It's a pretty key feature obviously for word correction.

Only way I can get this working is to tap the word so the cursor is anywhere from the start to the end of the word, then pressing the Swype button brings up the word correction list.

I get an issue when trying to update a text field in contacts,i can't close the keyboard to go up and save it!

Pressing the back button works for me

huggsy

Guest streak dan

It's sorcery i tell you! just worked out that i need to circle the second double letter (goOd etc)

Only problem is that i've just gotten used to typing two handed in landscape and now i've got to relearn...Will keep it for a while and see which i prefer...

Guest trickyhenry

This is definitely the best keyboard I have ever used I generally find that trusting swype to pick the right word is the way to go. I often just keep looking at the keyboard and not checking the text is pretty quick and reasonably accurate. The only bit that I was finding annoying was how its difficult to see under your finger when your typing. I have found that with prolonged use this goes away the quicker you get. If anyone has tried it and given up previously I would recommend you give it another go. I had to correct just 2 words when typing the above. I guess its a learning curve that will pay off pretty quick. Why would they develop it if it wasn't better than a standard keyboard.

Guest Loconinja
Got it and enjoying it. Only been playing around with it at the moment, still waiting to put it to a practical use.

From playing around it seems the Streaks glass surface isn't the best for dragging your finger around constantly.

I have found it a bit laggy on my Streak. I "swype" a word correctly, but the trail has not been recorded correctly, so the word is wrong.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Well after having read so much about it for so long i decided to give it a try now that i could officially download it and i must say like others I've found it to be very good indeed i especially like the large letters on the keyboard and just how easy and fast it is to use. I really didn't think i was going to like it and am pleasantly surprised that i do in fact i love it and can now understand why people rave about it and say it's the future.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55

Guest Rhysd2

Hi guys

Just picked up the swype beta myself.... so far I'm quite liking it but have a few irritations. Firstly how do you get it to let you type stuff that isn't a word? ie I went on the market place and wanted to search for ADW launcher. Every time I swyped ADW it would give me a variety of options but now ADW. So I tryped typing the letters one at a time and it put a space between each. How can you type non words like ADW and get it to accept them or display them?

The other iritation being it only works one handed. I've gotten to used to two hand typing with the size of the streak. Just a Learning curve I guess.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi Rhysd2,

You need to go into your more settings Menu and the choose Swype settings then select the things you do and don't want and then those things that are currently annoying shouldn't any more as you can tweak all sorts of timings and how it behaves to your preferences.

Marc

Guest peekofai

rhysd2,

peck at the keys:

A,D,W then select it from the options. the next time you can swype ADW without having to peck.

That what i love most about swype.. it learns you.

Edited by peekofai

Guest Rhysd2

Yea I'd had a bit of a play with the settings before but I guess some of those settings counter acted how I actually wanted to use it. Thanks guys I've tweaked it now and its being alot more friendly to me. now to decide whether I want to take the plunge and use ADW