MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sucramco
Unfortunately, I got the "Error finishing BOOT" issue (boot too large?).

The exact message is:

Writing BOOT:...

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 386:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Any Luck on the above. I tried many different ways. Re-partitioned the mem card, used the old school type of recovery, downloaded 3 times, but still no luck. At the moment I have just rebooted the phone. It has booted into the new rom, but I have not played with it. I will probably go back to the 3.1 again until it is sorted though.

Guest DigitalC
Either way this ROM kicks arse!! ;)

Agreed ;-)

I'm +1 on the echo issue too. Has a radio been found that does not have this issue yet?

Ive been good and format/flashed as per instructions.

I tried richardtrips froyo rom and this, and both give me the same result. When I click on the phone icon in the launcher, I get the message: "application not installed on your phone" - does anyone else have this?

Radio version is: 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11

Is this a wipe issue? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=686727

Otherwise, the whole process has been fairly painless. Good work everyone ;)

Guest ph0rce
Agreed ;-)

I'm +1 on the echo issue too. Has a radio been found that does not have this issue yet?

If you see my post from a couple of pages ago, I tried all the radios & posted my findings, short answer is that they all have some issue for me. ;)

Also just noticed that I still have the WiFi disconnection problem after the phone has been locked for a long period of time too.

Guest DigitalC
If you see my post from a couple of pages ago, I tried all the radios & posted my findings, short answer is that they all have some issue for me. ;)

Also just noticed that I still have the WiFi disconnection problem after the phone has been locked for a long period of time too.

Cheers, Glad I'm not alone on that one.

Have you changed the settings in WIFI so its doesn't disconnect when the screen powers down?

Once I did that I had no further issues with it, at least, not that I have been able to tell so far anyway

Guest viper_campbell

You could try setting up a static IP and see if that helps... I have done that after having the same problem and things seem to be going ok so far!! ;)

Guest ph0rce
Cheers, Glad I'm not alone on that one.

Have you changed the settings in WIFI so its doesn't disconnect when the screen powers down?

Once I did that I had no further issues with it, at least, not that I have been able to tell so far anyway

I have changed that setting, still got the problem. It is only a very slight issue though, when you unlock the screen the WiFi icon disappears, the 3G appears briefly and then the WiFi comes back. It doesn't really affect me using it.

You could try setting up a static IP and see if that helps... I have done that after having the same problem and things seem to be going ok so far!! ;)

I have a static IP for work & use DHCP on a night at home, it happens with both. I think its one of those things where if you aren't looking for it, you probablly won't notice & I just can't help but check everytime now!

Guest yazooo

clockwork mod still not working for me. have tried the current version, and one previous. working fine on previous rom release as i used clockwork to flash this one.

Guest viper_campbell
no one got the 2.1 build.prop?

I have, hasn't made a difference on the Market

I also have, i have found that the Market seems a bit quicker to me than when i didnt include it... But thats it, and even that might just be a placebo effect!!! ;)

Edited by viper_campbell

Guest fanello

How much energy looses your battery per hour in standby mode?

Does anybody know what to do against the high energy consumption?

Guest ph0rce
Is flash working for everyone? Tryed out two different flash required sites but no dice

Flash does work, iPlayer is amazingly rough though, pretty much unwatchable.

Guest Golgo
Is flash working for everyone? Tryed out two different flash required sites but no dice

You have to download Flash 10.1 from Market first.

Guest nekromantik
Flash does work, iPlayer is amazingly rough though, pretty much unwatchable.

I not tried iplayer but catchuptv on wifi is smooth for me ;)

Guest cgrec92
clockwork mod still not working for me. have tried the current version, and one previous. working fine on previous rom release as i used clockwork to flash this one.

have you tried charging your phone

i tried it yesterday when the battery was at 30% and it wouldnt load

i charged the phone and as soon as it got to 50% it was able to launch the recovery

if that doesnt work have you tried manually entering the recovery?

do you also end up in the black screen with the phone with the red exclamation mark? and when you hold volup and power button you end up in a blue screen?

Guest ph0rce
I not tried iplayer but catchuptv on wifi is smooth for me ;)

I agree, catchuptv is amazing, been watching the football at work on it! :(

Guest ph0rce

The market however is god awful today, it loads ok, searches ok but I cannot download anything, it sits on a screen with a blank progress bar for about five minutes, then says 'Starting download" & does nothing. ;)

EDIT

What can I try?

Edited by ph0rce