MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Frankish
For some reason I'm unable to download zip or rar archives using the MCR without additions rom.

If you have astro file manager then go to preferences and allow browser download.

Guest Jakka777

Notes so far.

The trackpad is being a bit screwy as is the case with Richard's DeFrost. It generally comes on and off, working occasionally. I don't use it much(drives me insane during texting when decides to disable itself though) and neither do other users I guess, but try and pay attention as to whether it's glitched or not? So far, I can tell that the trackpad issues are somehow related to the auto-rotate sensors because turning it on and off pretty much enables and disable the trackpad along with it. IIRC the trackball can still mess up despite the auto-rotate setting (works with off, bugged with on) albeit it seems a lot more rare and I'll need to look into that and confirm.

Any suggestions as to why auto-rotate and the trackpad won't co-exist and fixes for making them friends again?

Edited by Jakka777

Guest drrdave2711
Ive been good and format/flashed as per instructions.

I tried richardtrips froyo rom and this, and both give me the same result. When I click on the phone icon in the launcher, I get the message: "application not installed on your phone" - does anyone else have this?

Radio version is: 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11

Is this a wipe issue? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=686727

Otherwise, the whole process has been fairly painless. Good work everyone ;)

Hey guys, I had the same problem after upgrading to r17 from r3.1. Full data wipe fixed this issue for me. (after nandroid backup of course) Hope this helps. Pea's

Guest IIIIkoolaidIIII

Out of the Froyo roms i've tried for the Desire, the seems to be the most stable so far. Though having some issues, as previously stated Bluetooth just doesn't work, tried everything, phone can't see devices and devices can't see phone. Icon still shows as BT is on and services running. This isn't a deal breaker, but it is annoying when just want to send a few files to the phone.

The other major issue for me is I can't disable mobile view in the browser, i'm not sure if I'm being stupid, but have looked everrywhere and can't find the option. It has been in every other ROM I've used, including stock.

Guest Frankish
Out of the Froyo roms i've tried for the Desire, the seems to be the most stable so far. Though having some issues, as previously stated Bluetooth just doesn't work, tried everything, phone can't see devices and devices can't see phone. Icon still shows as BT is on and services running. This isn't a deal breaker, but it is annoying when just want to send a few files to the phone.

The other major issue for me is I can't disable mobile view in the browser, i'm not sure if I'm being stupid, but have looked everrywhere and can't find the option. It has been in every other ROM I've used, including stock.

I also searched for this. In the address bar type about:debug it will seem to do nothing. Now go to settings in the browser and go to the bottom. Change the ua string to desktop. DONE.

Guest IIIIkoolaidIIII
I also searched for this. In the address bar type about:debug it will seem to do nothing. Now go to settings in the browser and go to the bottom. Change the ua string to desktop. DONE.

Awesome, thanks for that, will have to remember that for future. :-)

Guest IIIIkoolaidIIII

Another bug I've noticed, that installing from market some apps even though they are installed and appear in your app draw and can be loaded are stuck constantly on installing... I've only noticed this fro updates, will try uninstalling completely and try again.

Update:

Tried this still getting the same problem, will try to pull a logcat for you.

Update 2:

Log added.

Desire_Log_190610.zip

Edited by IIIIkoolaidIIII

Guest Glendronach

Will this work alright with a Telstra branded, A8183, or will the radio be messed up?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply =)

Guest Golgo
Paul says Monday on his Twitter page :-)

Nice... hope this release fixes some of the issues previous Desire ports have had like the display eating battery, echos and maybe even video recording!

Guest masi0
Nice... hope this release fixes some of the issues previous Desire ports have had like the display eating battery, echos and maybe even video recording!

true. display eating battery is pain but i am not sure its froyo 2.2 problem or kernel for desire...

Guest DigitalC
It's an update ZIP, find it attached to this post ;) (flash it as you would a ROM)

EDIT: forgot to up the signed one, sorry!! Up now :(

Just applied this - worked like a charm - many thanks

Guest phatdpc

+1 on the echo in call and wifi disconnect, rolling back to r3.1 for now :\

Aggro battery drain from display too.

Too bad since the flash player 10 works like a charm..

(Radio 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_02)

Guest SanderX

This rom works great ;) Got 24h unplugged and still 50% battery left, the display still uses the most (49%).

The DeFroST black statusbar 'upgrade' also works nicely on this rom.

Guest IIIIkoolaidIIII
This rom works great ;) Got 24h unplugged and still 50% battery left, the display still uses the most (49%).

The DeFroST black statusbar 'upgrade' also works nicely on this rom.

What setup did you have on you phone? I can get days out of phones, even on experimental builds. But depends on what I have activated and the notifications set. The only time's I get that sort of length out of any modern smartphone is with manual updates for all data clients i.e. twitter, e-mail etc.. I've had 2 days with no charge with data off completely on Pays 2.1 ROM.