MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

We are currently managing a load issue on the kitchen. ROM downloads are currently UNSIGNED, and must be installed using ClockworkMod recovery (available via ROM Manager on the Android Market). Apologies for any inconvenience caused - this is a temporary measure to help provide the best possible service.

P

Guest StuMcBill
Anyone who's managed to bake can confirm trackball and FM radio working in this release ?

Havent tried this rom yet, but I am 99% sure that fm radio will not work as this is an htc feature.

Guest EddyOS

Trackball fine, other buttons wake the phone (which is a tad annoying)...just need a black taskbar as I had with FRF50 and I'll be sorted!

Guest miguelsanchez79
Anyone who's managed to bake can confirm trackball and FM radio working in this release ?

trackball works fine, no FM radio

Guest miguelsanchez79
Trackball fine, other buttons wake the phone (which is a tad annoying)...just need a black taskbar as I had with FRF50 and I'll be sorted!

could you share with us black taskbar once figured out please ;)

Baked and flashed a ROM using ROM manager with the new radio, but that kinda broke my ROM and root! The only way I got around this was to reroot, and then flash the r18 ROM baked without the new radio. Even while attempting to flash the ROM with the radio using ROM manager, fake-flash and a recovery image, the flash wouldn't complete.

Is this a problem or was I doing something wrong?

Guest DigitalC

Did you lose the black taskbar upon flash of the new ROM or did you have to remove it yourself in order to get the new ROM working?

Regardless, I sure am going to miss the black taskbar

Which radio? There isn't a radio option in this kitchen - you've not used the actual N1 kitchen by mistake have you?

Wow. You're right. There isn't a radio option in the kitchen anymore! The first two times I baked, the option was there, and it was definitely the R18 Desire kitchen I used! Was it taken down, or did I really use the wrong kitchen?

Guest EddyOS
Did you lose the black taskbar upon flash of the new ROM or did you have to remove it yourself in order to get the new ROM working?

Regardless, I sure am going to miss the black taskbar

I always wipe before flashing a new ROM, I tried baking the mode in as I've done so far and it crashed on startup - I'm seeing what I can do, should be able to find one that works

There's never been a radio in this kitchen!! LOL!!

Must have been looking at the wrong thing then! I should probably do a rebake then.

In any case, how long should the initial boot process take with A2SD+?

Guest Need_A_Username
Wow. You're right. There isn't a radio option in the kitchen anymore! The first two times I baked, the option was there, and it was definitely the R18 Desire kitchen I used! Was it taken down, or did I really use the wrong kitchen?

Read the 4th post of the topic ;)

Edited by Need_A_Username

Guest Pyr0x64
I always wipe before flashing a new ROM, I tried baking the mode in as I've done so far and it crashed on startup - I'm seeing what I can do, should be able to find one that works

Richard has a black statusbar for FRF72 linked in the first post of his thread on XDA

Guest sucramco

Bad blocks issue for me again.

Writing BOOT:...

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 386:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Think I might have a cry, been waiting and hoping the boot image would be smaller. Could'nt install the r17 for the same reason. Tried defrost 1.2, too many force close issues, but at least it installed. Went back to 3.1 again. Looks like I might have a huge problem with this phone going forward.

Gutted.

Read the 4th post of the topic :(

Just did ;) I learn.

I must still be doing something wrong. Even the baked ROM without the radio image, but with A2SD+, has been hung at the HTC logo for the last 15 mins.

Is this normal at all? I have an ext3 partition. Just need to clarify something. In the instructions in the kitchen (post #2), he says you got to partition FAT32 first, and then ext3. Is there a particular order this partitions are laid out? Doesn't seem to be any option to create the FAT32 before the ext3?

Guest EddyOS
Richard has a black statusbar for FRF72 linked in the first post of his thread on XDA

It's not the one I want, I want stock Desire icons but the one in his first post has custom icons

Guest Climbatize

Is it a problem if I can never flash boot.img since the second version of r17? I flashed boot.img with deFrost v1.0 then replaced by flashing r17 then r18, but never successfully. So I have r18, but is it a real r18?

Edited by Climbatize

Guest Pyr0x64
It's not the one I want, I want stock Desire icons but the one in his first post has custom icons

ah, my bad ;)

i've not tried it as i'm stuck on android 2.1 cos of the echo