MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest thephreak
Just installed this after getting impatient waiting for a fully stable release. Its awesome!

I had a Vanilla rom on my Hero which I actually preferred to Sense if only for the speed.

This seems very very slightly laggy when switching screens, but the new gallery app is awesome!

Only FC's ive had so far are Google Goggles and the camcorder (I know it said it didnt work but I had to try - forced rebooted actaully!)

Oh, and my Copilot wont work either ;) good job I dont need to go anywhere.

Hi Dude for me it works with SSL ON and also accept all SSL certificates ON

hope it helps

Guest Neo Geo MVS

I got a problem in r18. the device is stuck in endless boot on the first htc screen, after i reboot because of the rotating screen problem. i have to remove the battery to solve this issue. came from fresh RUU installer stock rom, r6 root, full wipe to r18.

Guest Bol2riz
Not sure if I should update to r19.. r18 has brought the absolute best battery life of any ROM (incl. stock) so far. Unplugged for 17 hours, 40% battery left, ~ 30 minutes of talk time + 30 minutes of web browsing with Flash 10.1 + backing up all apps & data.

+1

Guest mr. winterbottom

morning,

is in the r19 the vibrations notification dead ?

In Tweetcaster and in Googlemail i don't have a vibration !

YES, i have activated the vibration on the clients ! ;-)

P.S.

The incoming calls have a vibration

mr. winterbottom

Edited by mr. winterbottom

Guest Dr_Ash

i have had this issue before as well - try downloading sound manager from the market place and enabling vibration from there, hopefully it should work!

Guest Frankish

Paul do you have any experience with modding recoveries? I just want the power button to work to select something i really want to use your rom!

I don't mind making a small donation to anyone that can help me.

Edited by Frankish

Guest neoDite
what is "prebakes"

thx

Means people with free accounts can still use this ROM, it's a rom that's been 'prebaked' for you from the kitchen in the 1st post

Guest Noonski

Getting FC on the default Browser i selected only A2SD+, YouTube, Voice Search, Voice Dialer & Email.

Will try a wipe first and then with the 2.1 build prop.

"messaging and the phone applications aren't installed" +1 had to go to market and get Dialer One.

I already had Handcent SMS installed through A2SD put it got FC untill I removed and reinstalled through the market again, did lose my customisations.

(Mind you i'm still doing my homework catching up with all 35 pages)

Update:

Did a Full Wipe and Browser is now working (but you will have to live with all A2SD apps being all set up and installed, but that looks like what was bugging it anyway, I was prepared for reinstallin everything anyway coming from mcr3.1)

Phone App is now back and Messaging does not FC.

I can check My youtube embeds on my own site, but not the google video embed's must be my own HTML embed methods i will need to recheck. (my mistake i needed to update Flash 10.1 Beta 3)

Edited by Noonski

Guest pdageek13
could you make a Boot image < 2304 kb for people with bad-blocks on boot partition

thanks

I still have the message

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 386:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

COULD you make it just a little smaller (2308 is > 2304 :-( )

thanks

Edited by pdageek13

Guest gandalfmuaddib
Any chance of one with the Desire-like white background? ;)

Here you go:

FRF83_White_Background.zip

Please report any issues. Not sure about black notification text appearing on the statusbar. Might need to look into that one.

Not sure if I've got the skills to fix it though...

Guest Dr_Ash

just had the first complaint of echos from people I am calling. Is there a fix for this yet in FRF83? I'm assuming the fix might be to build a Desire-specific build from source, which could take some time.......

Guest EddyOS
Here you go:

FRF83_White_Background.zip

Please report any issues. Not sure about black notification text appearing on the statusbar. Might need to look into that one.

Not sure if I've got the skills to fix it though...

Actually sorted it out myself, all working fine! Thanks, though ;)

Guest EddyOS

They all worked, just not setup how I wanted them. I've got a stock Desire black bar with stock icons and the stock white notification area all working fine - I bake into my ROM with the apps I always use so it's all in one place and can't be wiped ;)

Guest pete.major
Once HTC release a new radio for the Desire, and not before

Sorry this might be a dumb question, but why would we be waiting for a cam fix in a new radio release?

Isn't it a kernel problem?

Guest peter.taylor
Sorry this might be a dumb question, but why would we be waiting for a cam fix in a new radio release?

Isn't it a kernel problem?

i 'think' that it has something to do with the radio being the lowest part of the OS. and so the radio is an interaction point between the OS and the cam application.

hopefully i've got that right.

Guest EddyOS

No, it's apparently an issue with the radio of the Desire not being developed to use the stock Android ROM so we need to wait on HTC to release a radio compatible with FroYo

Kali has also said this in his kernal thread on XDA

Edited by EddyOS

Guest hally83

1 more slight issue i have discovered today, the notification LED sometimes "sticks" on after ive read a text or an email. it sorts itself out on receiving another message or a reboot.

Battery life FTW though!

Guest Ajthescot
just had the first complaint of echos from people I am calling. Is there a fix for this yet in FRF83? I'm assuming the fix might be to build a Desire-specific build from source, which could take some time.......

i had the same thing ,i had my volume set to full turn it down two clicks and stops the echo at the other end.

tested with two desires running r18 . and mine tested to my wifes pos.

-----------------

can any 1 give a ruff battery life gestimation on this version . r18 gave me a battery life of 3-4 hours . im constantly using my phone.

only rom i can use at the mo is Amer_Bravox that can give me a reasonable battery life with my usage ruffly around 12hours.

i want to use this update but battery life is the deal breaker