[EN][ROM][24/09/2010] Sense 2.5.2018

Guest shadowangel

Guest shadowangel
hi,

how do i flash your rom?

any instruction to do, using which csc, eboot & phone or pda?

Here

The CSC won't matter (as you can see in my signature, it's an old brazilian CSC that I keep for it's network configurations) try to keep your reginal CSC.

My eBoot is NXXJE3 (I'll attach it here for you)

shadowangel

Eboot_I8000NXXJE3_HW_40.rar

Edited by shadowangel

Guest gallant_suri

Hi Shadowangel,

One more bug...

Same old Graphics issue in Sense tabs i.e. showing white squre boxes... checkout the screenshots. It's not a big problem but could you help us in password unlock issue.

--

Suri.

post-626557-1276778954_thumb.png

post-626557-1276778960_thumb.png

post-626557-1276778966_thumb.png

post-626557-1276778972_thumb.png

post-626557-1276778977_thumb.png

Guest shadowangel
Hi Shadowangel,

One more bug...

Same old Graphics issue in Sense tabs i.e. showing white squre boxes... checkout the screenshots. It's not a big problem but could you help us in password unlock issue.

--

Suri.

Oh man... you have no idea how this bug irritates me! Somebody told in the other post that it's an 6.5.X incompatibility with our OpenGL adaptated drivers. And happened in 3 different builds that I made (one with a chinese build apps and english language packs... this one was veery buggy rs)

This weekend I'll make a 6.5 edition and we'll see ;)

@speedfrog

I just tried to install a random program from marketplace... I found it strange that the installation stopped at some point then ordered marketplace to exit, it seemed to have crashed and I went to task manager to close it and, to my surprise, it didn't crash, it was waiting a message box from the installation program, I switched to it and concluded the installation. Try that please.

shadowangel

Guest williamwong
Hi Shadowangel,

One more bug...

--

Suri.

These problems also happend at JE5 . It seems JE5 and JE3 core are not completely support the HTC sense.

Edited by williamwong

Guest shadowangel
These problems happend at JE5 only. It seems the JE5 core not completely support the HTC sense.

williamwong

So if we go back to JD it will be corrected? Very interesting to know... And we all think that evolution comes to the better... =P rs

Guest gallant_suri

Hi Shadowangel....

Sorry for asking the same again: Any solution for password unlock, which was posted in the first page.

--

Suri

Guest shadowangel
Hi Shadowangel....

Sorry for asking the same again: Any solution for password unlock, which was posted in the first page.

--

Suri

No... I just locked mine to check that issue... Will look into that now

I'm attaching a reg edit for the ezInput XT9. I've the rom ready with it already working and will upload tonight.

@edit: fix on front page

Edited by shadowangel

Guest enrico988
So if we go back to JD it will be corrected?

The only way to fix those white squares is to port a 6.5.5 kernel on a native 6.5 rom (I think last was JE2).

But as you know you'll lose the 8MB of ram gained with 6.5.x rom.

Cya ;)

edit: if you are using lockscreen from HD mini, the password unlock not working is a well known issue. Just don't use it, I don't think they solved it.

Edited by enrico988

Guest speedfrog

i cant delete the htc shortcuts to the tabs in the start menu, when i delete them and i do a soft reset they all comes back.

Guest shadowangel
The only way to fix those white squares is to port a 6.5.5 kernel on a native 6.5 rom (I think last was JE2).

But as you know you'll lose the 8MB of ram gained with 6.5.x rom.

Cya :(

Nice to see you around and thanks for the advice ;)

At last we will have the nice 6.5.X interface and no white blocks around...

i cant delete the htc shortcuts to the tabs in the start menu, when i delete them and i do a soft reset they all comes back.

They're regged... You have to regedit them out of there...

Edited by shadowangel

Guest shadowangel
if you are using lockscreen from HD mini, the password unlock not working is a well known issue. Just don't use it, I don't think they solved it.

It wasn't HDMini directly but I think that the lockscreen on the package I'm working on is it them. As this is a very nice lockscreen and I don't use password for it, I'll cook one with the old style one and I'll upload it tonight for those who use it.

For those with problem with e-mail exchange, I've sync'd my phone normally with my server (but I'm not required to input password as I'm logged on the machine. The problem is about the password?

shadowangel

Guest redzone321

a 6.5 rom would be great. personley the 8mb of ram is fake. as with rapids 6.5 rom i have 55mb on boot. same as this rom.

some bugs to report.

vibration via sreen taps or keyboard do not work(had a similar issue with a htc keyboard cab on other roms so my guess is the keyboard)

cant change lockscreen via twyllith samsung cab seems cooked in overwrites cab on reset

cant get youtube to connect. will open bit doesnt connect(only tried via 3g)

Guest shadowangel
a 6.5 rom would be great. personley the 8mb of ram is fake. as with rapids 6.5 rom i have 55mb on boot. same as this rom.

some bugs to report.

vibration via sreen taps or keyboard do not work(had a similar issue with a htc keyboard cab on other roms so my guess is the keyboard)

cant change lockscreen via twyllith samsung cab seems cooked in overwrites cab on reset

cant get youtube to connect. will open bit doesnt connect(only tried via 3g)

What I don't like about 6.5 is that damn small buttons... I'll do as Enrico told me and port 6.5.5 kernel over 6.5.

Youtube is working fine here... Just saw a video through 3G... Have you restored your network connections?

Vibration doesn't work as it is HTC hardware dependant (as any vibration on Sense which comes enabled by default and doesn't work as well)

I'll upload tonight a normal lockscreen version (just cooked and the password protection is working fine)

shadowangel

Edited by shadowangel

Guest Prometheus5061

Hey Shadow...

Let me just say that this is the best sense rom ive come across... ive flashed about 6 till now (this month alone). :)

After playing with it for a while i came across these bugs(ive attached the screenshots with corresponding number):

1) Import sim contacts is greyed out

2) Connect to wifi is greyed out

3) Digital compass does not work

4) Enable x button would be awesome if you could cook it in like Enrico (pleaseeeeee ;))

5) & 6) Calls and Outlook folders are blank (is that for a reason???)

7) & 8) Even if you select just contacts it still shows the sim contacts

any solution is greatly appreciated :(

cheers mate...keep up the good work

post-686404-1276794144_thumb.jpg

post-686404-1276794417_thumb.jpg

post-686404-1276794427_thumb.jpg

post-686404-1276794437_thumb.jpg

post-686404-1276794453_thumb.jpg

post-686404-1276794465_thumb.jpg

post-686404-1276795049_thumb.jpg

post-686404-1276795060_thumb.jpg

Edited by Prometheus5061

Guest shadowangel
Hey Shadow...

Let me just say that this is the best sense rom ive come across... ive flashed about 6 till now (this month alone). ;)

After playing with it for a while i came across these bugs(ive attached the screenshots with corresponding number):

1) Import sim contacts is greyed out

2) Connect to wifi is greyed out

3) Digital compass does not work

4) Enable x button would be awesome if you could cook it in like Enrico (pleaseeeeee ;))

5) & 6) Calls and Outlook folders are blank (is that for a reason???)

7) & 8) Even if you select just contacts it still shows the sim contacts

any solution is greatly appreciated :(

cheers mate...keep up the good work

1- I've removed the SIM managers as they could've hardware connections with HTC's. I'll test this out later

2- You cannot enable Wifi while on activesync. try that removing the connection with the computer

3- Yes... It really doesn't... I didn't try it much as I found it interesting but, as the calibrator, it depends on HTC hardware and I'll remove it in the next build

4- Enable X Button.. I'll look into that :)

5&6- They are created by default by HTC's applications. I dunno what they are for.

7&8- I'll check it out

shadowangel

Guest Prometheus5061
2- You cannot enable Wifi while on activesync. try that removing the connection with the computer

Worked like a charm :$ (noob moment ;))

thanks again matey

Guest redzone321

youtube works, my mistake, but stutters on high quality

reg file fixed xt9

going to try and install doc tab from rapid sense see if it works. will update u all later

personaly i find with sense you don't need the big buttons on the bottom. but the other sections is niiice to have.

Guest shadowangel
also noticed i get 2 bluetooth icons when bluetooth is on

from what I saw, this is caused by Dark Ninja taskbar... Without it that doesn't happen (but I really like DN Taskbar xD)

Edited by shadowangel

Guest redzone321

more coments to add lol

if you install rapids document tab cab you get documents tab AND twitter tab added.

BUT you cannot add/remove these tabs via the settings page. maybe in the reistry you can but i didnt not try.

also if you disable default dialer and switch to WM Dialer you save aprox 10 mb of ram. But this breaks the dial from peoples tab. Rapids fix for this did not work.

I have to say this is a fairly complete rom. but i may in the end go back to rapids rom due to ram constraints.

without opening any programs and just opening and closign the dialer and letting it set for 15 min i drop to 50 mb of free ram(while useing sense dialer). this requires a few resets for me a day as i use opera mini 5 and touchplayer alot with bluetooth on. I find you need 60 mb free after settlings to realy do this without needing to reset in mid day. also find this amkes running ram hungry apps not as easy (such as iGO). Plus i find 6.5.5 memory management terrible. i loosee 5 mb from opening and closing youtube !!!

But keep up the reat work. I will continue to use this for the week and see if i can find other ways to help debug/inprove the rom!

Edited by redzone321

Guest shadowangel
more coments to add lol

if you install rapids document tab cab you get documents tab AND twitter tab added.

BUT you cannot add/remove these tabs via the settings page. maybe in the reistry you can but i didnt not try.

also if you disable default dialer and switch to WM Dialer you save aprox 10 mb of ram. But this breaks the dial from peoples tab. Rapids fix for this did not work.

I have to say this is a fairly complete rom. but i may in the end go back to rapids rom due to ram constraints.

without opening any programs and just opening and closign the dialer and letting it set for 15 min i drop to 50 mb of free ram(while useing sense dialer). this requires a few resets for me a day as i use opera mini 5 and touchplayer alot with bluetooth on. I find you need 60 mb free after settlings to realy do this without needing to reset in mid day. also find this amkes running ram hungry apps not as easy (such as iGO). Plus i find 6.5.5 memory management terrible. i loosee 5 mb from opening and closing youtube !!!

But keep up the reat work. I will continue to use this for the week and see if i can find other ways to help debug/inprove the rom!

=/

The more HTC functionalities you have, the more you pay... Let's see this weekend when I cook a 6.5 edition how the memory goes.

shadowangel