[EN][ROM][24/09/2010] Sense 2.5.2018

Guest shadowangel

Guest hsuchitmp
no i find people do not hard reset there phones after a fresh flash which dose not clean the nvram causing glitches. You should always hard reset before and after a flash, rule of thumb when it comes to custom firmware on any electronic.

thanks for the info. very useful. maybe thats why everytime i flash back to a previously used rom it doesnt perform as it did before.

Guest jebise
thanks for the info. very useful. maybe thats why everytime i flash back to a previously used rom it doesnt perform as it did before.

yeah you will see some of the weirdest glitches sometimes, that why its there and basic tech support will suggest the same. I always hard rest and once thats done i flash and after that hard reset again. I don't care much for keeping my SMS contacts are on my sim and pictures on the SD card. Internal storage only has music and videos which are safly backed up on my PC. SD card holds all my cabs and a simple install to main storage and i'm set.

It can be tedious at times when trying different ROM's for a couple of days and might as well use my train ride to work wisely right?

Guest Lancez
no i find people do not hard reset there phones after a fresh flash which dose not clean the nvram causing glitches. You should always hard reset before and after a flash, rule of thumb when it comes to custom firmware on any electronic.

i've been telling people that for i dont remember how long. just wanted to know if there are any fixes that im not aware of. *2767*3855# this is how i hard reset my phone after flashing.

Guest hsuchitmp
i've been telling people that for i dont remember how long. just wanted to know if there are any fixes that im not aware of. *2767*3855# this is how i hard reset my phone after flashing.

what i read before was after flash only hard reset. so now i will try hard reset - flash - hard rest. lancez is it ok that i used hard reset (vol up, lock, phone and power)? because i keep files in my storage and i dont have a mmc. but i installed every program in the main memory not on my storage. so basically my storage are really just for storage no program installed in it. in summary what is the difference of the two hard reset? from what i know #2767*3855# also formats my storage. is that the only difference?

Guest Lancez

its fine if u use 4 buttuon method. but it is recommended to use the *2767*3855# to clean nvram as jebise stated. but it will wipe out my storage. back up ur files on ur computer, u can transfer them back easily. remember to set USB connection to Mess Storage, much faster then using activesync.

Guest micmac
its fine if u use 4 buttuon method. but it is recommended to use the *2767*3855# to clean nvram as jebise stated. but it will wipe out my storage. back up ur files on ur computer, u can transfer them back easily. remember to set USB connection to Mess Storage, much faster then using activesync.

thx for the tip :)

Guest dpspcdrgn

:) :D :P :P

!HELLO!

On your sense rom I have noticed that when my phone is done charging I get a 'phone charged, please unplug' message. Now I know that on the regular i8000 roms you don't have to worry about overcharging, and was wondering if your rom is the same.

I like to leave my phone plugged in all the time when I am at home, and would like to know if I will fry my battery doing that with your rom.

B) :D

Guest jebise

yeah thats what i do each time i flash nothing different then entering those numbers, it not really a big deal when it comes to flashing the phone like i said in my other post. Reason to hard reset before flash so it cleans the nvram and recreates it in case you had some issues before and so its clean for a flash. After flashing the nvram gets rebuilt again but there might be left over stuff from the previous ROM which is why a another hard reset is needed so it creates a fresh new one(might not be need actually but cant hurt can it?). Now there is another step which is to take out the battery and hold the power button so it drains the motherboard of all electricity thus power cycling (you have no idea how many laptops that refused to boot i have saved with this method alone) the phone and this should be done right after the phone was flashed before the last hard reset. I myself do not do this step as i have never had an issue but might be worth it for someone else.

The only time i power cycle is when the phone freezes and i'm forced to yank the battery.

No one told me about these steps for phone purposes, its just a rule of thumb i have been using in my 10 plus years as a IT guy, weather its a router upgrade or computer bios upgrade etc never once failed me.

Edited by jebise

Guest Lancez

on samsung official ROMs the notifications are the same. the different UI dose not affect anything in the core. WM is WM, its not like u r using android on a WM phone, if that is the case then u should be concerned about this matter. WM has its own power management and that is why u get popups saying battery is fully charged, its just the way how system notifies u by different ways from different manufactures under the same OS. that is why we have touchwiz and htc has sense UI.

Guest dpspcdrgn

No offense to anyone intended, as the people frequenting this thread are usually very helpful and informative.

But please shadow, answer my question! O.o

On your sense rom I have noticed that when my phone is done charging I get a 'phone charged, please unplug' message. Now I know that on the regular i8000 roms you don't have to worry about overcharging, and was wondering if your rom is the same.

I like to leave my phone plugged in all the time when I am at home, and would like to know if I will fry my battery doing that with your rom.

Thank-you

(Twitter and Stock cab v2 not working yet either, unless I'm not doing something I should be)

Edited by dpspcdrgn

Guest shadowangel
No offense to anyone intended, as the people frequenting this thread are usually very helpful and informative.

But please shadow, answer my question! O.o

Thank-you

(Twitter and Stock cab v2 not working yet either, unless I'm not doing something I should be)

Sorry... I thought I've already answered your question.

You can think of it as a notebook... What happens if you leave it all the time connected? It charges until full and stops charging. Then your device will start using its battery... some time latter the battery will be 99% and the phone will start charging until 100%... and so on.

By doing this you will reduce your battery life.

Guest dpspcdrgn
Sorry... I thought I've already answered your question.

You can think of it as a notebook... What happens if you leave it all the time connected? It charges until full and stops charging. Then your device will start using its battery... some time latter the battery will be 99% and the phone will start charging until 100%... and so on.

By doing this you will reduce your battery life.

What I am saying is that the Omnia 2 should stop using the battery when fully charged and run on just socket power.

It shouldn't start using the battery automatically again until the charger is unplugged.

At least I thought that was the case with the Samsung Roms at any rate, but I'mnot 100% sure, just going off what I've heard.

Might be worth having a look into.

:)

(Thanks for the reply, you had answered me before but on a different matter, as there were a few questions in my post)

Edited by dpspcdrgn

Guest shadowangel
What I am saying is that the Omnia 2 should stop using the battery when fully charged and run on just socket power.

It shouldn't start using the battery automatically again until the charger is unplugged.

At least I thought that was the case with the Samsung Roms at any rate, but I'mnot 100% sure, just going off what I've heard.

Might be worth having a look into.

:)

(Thanks for the reply, you had answered me before but on a different matter, as there were a few questions in my post)

Yes it does that, but battery itself loses its power even when not being used. And when it decends to a level that the device detects it, it starts powering again, that's why I said that it reduces the battery life :D

(I was mistaken on the previous post, it does not use battery power when full, sorry)

Edited by shadowangel

Guest jmsmartins

hi shadow

any improvment on HTC messaging?

i allways hard reset when flashing, i do this since i900 :)

i would love to try ur rom but i really(!) need sms to work flawlessly

cheers

Guest shadowangel
hi shadow

any improvment on HTC messaging?

i allways hard reset when flashing, i do this since i900 :)

i would love to try ur rom but i really(!) need sms to work flawlessly

cheers

Have you already taken a look here?

you lock screen very amazing

is there a cab file for it

it would be really fun to get it

No... the cab didn't work =/

Edited by shadowangel

Guest shadowangel
Shadowangel....

...do you have a cab to change the new icons for the original tab icons??

Are you using the 6.5.5 version? I intend to revert that back on 6.5.3... Just giving it the final touch...

Those icons replaced a lot of files and I don't have the time right now to recover them :)

Guest crigalindo
Are you using the 6.5.5 version? I intend to revert that back on 6.5.3... Just giving it the final touch...

Those icons replaced a lot of files and I don't have the time right now to recover them :)

No...i'm using the personal RC2 (6.5)....

i'll wainting the 6.5.3....

thanks

Guest shadowangel
No...i'm using the personal RC2 (6.5)....

i'll wainting the 6.5.3....

thanks

On RC3 it's already removed, give it a try :)

As the cabs of the tabs are not working, I put them back on the ROM.

Guest Lancez

there are 2 folders on 4share.com and both of them are empty. not trying to rush you or anything, but i have been reflashing your thread over 20 times already, even when i was asleep :)