[EN][ROM][24/09/2010] Sense 2.5.2018

Guest shadowangel

Guest eiat331
When you change the MUI\CurLang to your hex, what happens to sense after you soft reset?

it seems nothing change after change MUI\CurLang + reset, I try to change back and forth but nothing happen

by the way, your rom is running in appreciated speed, I like this soooo much, my language display is only one thing I stuck at the moment.

Guest honming

hi shadow,

flash this rom "EN_JG5_23134_2018_RC" last night, it is smooth and good

i knew that it already support chinese, i also install some chinese pack like "Samau YaHei Chinese plus", it will display 口口口...

I am the Hong kong PCCW user, the rom cannot play the "Now TV" streaming, although i had installed the streaming player,

any user form Hong Kong PCCW?

Guest shadowangel
it seems nothing change after change MUI\CurLang + reset, I try to change back and forth but nothing happen

by the way, your rom is running in appreciated speed, I like this soooo much, my language display is only one thing I stuck at the moment.

When you change to a number that Sense doesn't have the related files, everywhere you will see ID_SOMEFUNCION (by some function, I mean the name of that specific function that it searched through the files and didn't find what to show...) does it happen to you?

hi shadow,

flash this rom "EN_JG5_23134_2018_RC" last night, it is smooth and good

i knew that it already support chinese, i also install some chinese pack like "Samau YaHei Chinese plus", it will display 口口口...

I am the Hong kong PCCW user, the rom cannot play the "Now TV" streaming, although i had installed the streaming player,

any user form Hong Kong PCCW?

Does it show any error message?

Guest redzone321

hello all. i am trying to fix a sense cab htc messaging app and would like to ask a favour from anyone useing this rom!

If you are on Bell Canada or any other HSPA 3G+ network could you please tell me what the value of the following registry string is?

HKCU/software/HTC/manila/MSG_CurrentSMSInbox

Thanks!

Guest honming
When you change to a number that Sense doesn't have the related files, everywhere you will see ID_SOMEFUNCION (by some function, I mean the name of that specific function that it searched through the files and didn't find what to show...) does it happen to you?

yes, but i forgot the message, sorry... :huh:

then i seek the advice form the services provider, we found that the IE can't link up the streaming player...finally, i copy the streaming link and paste on the streaming player, then it works...

i need to "copy and paste" every time if i want to watch the streaming tv.

will you add the streaming player in next rom?

It looks and works great!

I have 1 problem though;

The camera is in "landscape mode" when held straight, when held sideways it turns arround again, but only 1/3rd of the screen is visible as camera, the rest remains black.

Edit: "solved" by booting a few times and checking back. :huh:

Edited by Bwlian

this you find out , that vibration when somebody is calling dont work ? I set it in sense settings to vibrate and also in samsung settings box and when somebody is calling me no vibration ... someone knows how to fix it ?

Guest Rothariger

does someone could be so nice to make a megaupload mirror???

here at work i cant download from 4shared, well i downloaded 4 times, but the 4 times with errors!!! :huh:

ps: yes im using the latest winrar version...

Guest shadowangel
Many times I get errors in the updating of weather! The same thing happens to someone?
Did you recover your network settings?

yes, but i forgot the message, sorry... :huh:

then i seek the advice form the services provider, we found that the IE can't link up the streaming player...finally, i copy the streaming link and paste on the streaming player, then it works...

i need to "copy and paste" every time if i want to watch the streaming tv.

will you add the streaming player in next rom?

I don't intend to as I don't use it and it's possible to install afterwards...

does someone could be so nice to make a megaupload mirror???

here at work i cant download from 4shared, well i downloaded 4 times, but the 4 times with errors!!! ;)

ps: yes im using the latest winrar version...

What errors do you get?

Guest Rothariger

forget it shadowangel, its a problem of my work proxy, its a piece of sh....

nevermind i downloaded here at home, and now im testing...

thanks for your great job!!!

but im leaving you guys... this week i will be getting my vibrant!!! :huh:

Edited by Rothariger

Guest eiat331

unfortunately, I didn't see any error show up, everything still running same before and after changing. still no Thai at sense.

may be I can wait for your new work that please kindly integrate multi lang into, please :huh:

Guest lnakamura

Hello guys!

This is my very first post in this forum.. ;)

I'd like to thank shadowangel for the greate job on Omnia II ROM cooking..

But I'm having problems with the alarm... Right after flashing EN_JG5_23134_2018_RC, I tested an it rang. However, this morning, almost woke up late because it was mute... it just showed the notification and no sound. Tried to test with various sounds and ringtones without success. :huh:

And two more issues:

1) is there any way to save the connections configurations before flashing ROM for later fast recovery?? otherwise I have to re-configure everything again after every ROM update.

2) is that top rigth "Ok" button really extinguished? I don't know how to deal with this situation: a few programs, like PocketRAR, still wait for confirmation on that button (eg. Options panel in PocketRAR). If I try to set up anything there, the only way to get out is killing the process..

Guest eiat331
Hello guys!

This is my very first post in this forum.. ;)

I'd like to thank shadowangel for the greate job on Omnia II ROM cooking..

But I'm having problems with the alarm... Right after flashing EN_JG5_23134_2018_RC, I tested an it rang. However, this morning, almost woke up late because it was mute... it just showed the notification and no sound. Tried to test with various sounds and ringtones without success. :huh:

And two more issues:

1) is there any way to save the connections configurations before flashing ROM for later fast recovery?? otherwise I have to re-configure everything again after every ROM update.

2) is that top rigth "Ok" button really extinguished? I don't know how to deal with this situation: a few programs, like PocketRAR, still wait for confirmation on that button (eg. Options panel in PocketRAR). If I try to set up anything there, the only way to get out is killing the process..

let me share, I once experience this, I fixed it by go to alarm and reselect the alarm sound again then it works.

Guest eiat331

Hello Shadowangel,

I again flash back to your previous one EN_21914_2018 which I can use Thai on sense without any setting, to see the setting,

I found that at the registry HKCU>MUI>CurLang show 1033 (0X000409) English by default,

at Sense>Setting>Local & Text>Regional was selected the same as Thai

21914 display Thai font correctly but the 23134 not,

may be others that more than the multilanguage files missing out as you mentioned ,though as I put them back into 23134 in difference ways it still not show.

so I decided to stay with your 21914 until to the new great work of you (next built or JH) come , then I will move to..

thanks for your your work anyway :huh:

Best regard,

Guest thesgamer

shadow, the color of the keyboard makes it indistinguishable in the sun, is there a way to install the same keyboard but with clear buttons as the original samsung? I tried to install and select it from the bottom center but there isn't

Guest Rothariger

i guess that this is the better rom ever!!!

but because its 6.5.3 there are some samsung configurations that you cant apply... :huh:

anything else, is working as expected.

Guest lnakamura
let me share, I once experience this, I fixed it by go to alarm and reselect the alarm sound again then it works.

Yeah.. I just figured out last night..

But this solution is not a fix.. the problem is still a bug. That Samsung Setup clears the sound field..

Guest AndyCarroll

Our camera is back :huh: Thanks shadowangel.

Now...why not to improve our camera a little and add this change directly to ROM.

I believe all of us want some new feautures, like:

1. Macro is available in Camcorder mode (there is still fixed focus with camcorder as previously)

2. ISO modes are unlocked (previously only Auto mode was available with camcorder)

3. "self recording" with VGA cam in front (don't remember if it was previously too..)

4. MMS recording available in full rez (instead of .mp4 will be better quality .3gp files)

In registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Camera\RecSet

...we have to change like this:

0000 05 05 00 00 04 00 00 00

0008 02 02 02 00 00 00 00 00

0010 05 05 00 00 04 00 00 00

0018 02 02 02 00 00 00 00 00

0020 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 00

0028 02 02 02 00 00 00 00 00

0030 01 01 00 00 04 00 00 00

0038 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\Settings\MaxSize

from 302080 to 302080000

(then we can record via MMS setting not 1 second but much more)

Thes keys doesn't affect PHOTO mode, only CAMCORDER MODE

(I wrote about this before: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ideo-recording/ ...posts 11-13)

What you think guys?

Edited by AndyCarroll

Guest baniyang

hi shadow

this error always happens in some of your roms when i run some apps(eg: rapid81's WaPaC and HDwall)

can you fix this?

thank you so much!

post-684987-1283512925_thumb.png

post-684987-1283512964_thumb.png

Edited by baniyang

Guest shadowangel
Our camera is back ;) Thanks shadowangel.

Now...why not to improve our camera a little and add this change directly to ROM.

I believe all of us want some new feautures, like:

1. Macro is available in Camcorder mode (there is still fixed focus with camcorder as previously)

2. ISO modes are unlocked (previously only Auto mode was available with camcorder)

3. "self recording" with VGA cam in front (don't remember if it was previously too..)

4. MMS recording available in full rez (instead of .mp4 will be better quality .3gp files)

In registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Camera\RecSet

...we have to change like this:

0000 05 05 00 00 04 00 00 00

0008 02 02 02 00 00 00 00 00

0010 05 05 00 00 04 00 00 00

0018 02 02 02 00 00 00 00 00

0020 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 00

0028 02 02 02 00 00 00 00 00

0030 01 01 00 00 04 00 00 00

0038 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\Settings\MaxSize

from 302080 to 302080000

(then we can record via MMS setting not 1 second but much more)

Thes keys doesn't affect PHOTO mode, only CAMCORDER MODE

(I wrote about this before: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ideo-recording/ ...posts 11-13)

What you think guys?

Hummm Really interesting! I'll look into these :D

@ Shadow

dose your 21914 sense 2018 have HTC dialer in it? or its the samsung one? thanks! :(

Hi there my friend :D

After managing to make Sense integrate with samsung dialer, I left HTC Dialer as it doesn't support video calling and I don't think there is anything else that would make me want it back besides its pretty face (that is quite white to our amoled screens) :huh:

hi shadow

this error always happens in some of your roms when i run some apps(eg: rapid81's WaPaC and HDwall)

can you fix this?

thank you so much!

It seems by one of your screenshots that the program scans the system and after finding out that the windows build is different form what it was made, it shuts itself down... I don't think there is anything I can do about it... ;)