Which multitouch panel?

Guest aratheba

Guest aratheba

Hi all,

I'm really interested in this Dell Streak (although I'll have to wait for it to come to my country first! ;) ), owning an HTC Desire I'm really curious to know which multitouch panel does Dell Streak have! Do you know if it suffer for axis mis-recognition like the Desire's one?

Can someone please use the multitouch test on the market to see how does it behave?

Thanks in advance! :(

Guest aratheba
1.6 doesn't support multi touch so the program just crashes.

I see....having the Streak multitouch feature for browser and picture gallery, I thought it has a modified framework by Dell thus to support multitouch.

I must be wrong then! ;)

Anyway, does anyone know which multitouch panel the Streak has?

Guest Brantyr

The multitouch test app relies on the android APIs of 2.0+ so it won't work on the streak's 1.6 - apps which want to run multitouch in 1.6 have to do it without the official API. Someone could write an app to test multitouch on the streak but they haven't that I know of.

Guest aratheba
The multitouch test app relies on the android APIs of 2.0+ so it won't work on the streak's 1.6 - apps which want to run multitouch in 1.6 have to do it without the official API. Someone could write an app to test multitouch on the streak but they haven't that I know of.

Ok, then we'd need someone who knows, at least, the hardware multitouch panel used into the Streak! ;)

Guest uberspeed
Ok, then we'd need someone who knows, at least, the hardware multitouch panel used into the Streak! ;)

I would love to know as well.

Been reading up on the Streak all over the 'net, read this entire thread as well and have a question still:

What multitouch sensor is in the Streak?

For example, HTC is now using the Atmel mxt224 screen in the Evo and Incredible vs. the old Synaptics 2000. This is the root cause of Nexus One only tracking two inputs http://www.androidcentral.com/looking-clos...s-touch-sensors

Any info?

Much obliged.

Guest Eric.Druse
I would love to know as well.

Been reading up on the Streak all over the 'net, read this entire thread as well and have a question still:

What multitouch sensor is in the Streak?

For example, HTC is now using the Atmel mxt224 screen in the Evo and Incredible vs. the old Synaptics 2000. This is the root cause of Nexus One only tracking two inputs http://www.androidcentral.com/looking-clos...s-touch-sensors

Any info?

Much obliged.

Yeah, it's multitouch panel on the streak.

Guest Brantyr
Yeah, it's multitouch panel on the streak.

We know that, the question is what quality is the multitouch panel - does it support full multitouch or only pinching - watch this video

- basically we want to know if the streak is like the milestone (hopefully) or the nexus one (not so good, especially on a screen this size).

Guest Eric.Druse
We know that, the question is what quality is the multitouch panel - does it support full multitouch or only pinching - watch this video
- basically we want to know if the streak is like the milestone (hopefully) or the nexus one (not so good, especially on a screen this size).

Good news to you then, from my view of point, streak panel is like MS or Nexus 1. But Streak is with Andorid 1.6, it's a pity. Can not test it. Will think how to test it like that way.