Random Restarts

Guest mrgdavies

Guest mrgdavies

Is anyone having an issue with random restarts on their Streak? Mine has done it a number of times over the past week and twice this afternoon , just like a soft reset, screen goes black then reboot to Dell logo. Think I may take back to cpw see what they say...

Guest WilhelmsBrick

Ive not had any problems of that sort, only thing I can think of is a lot of people havent been forcing the back panel in all the way causing it to shut down. Its something dell put in, if the panel isnt fixed in properly or the battery is exposed it shuts down.

Could be one of the senor things is faulty on it causing it to randomly shut down.

Guest mrgdavies
Ive not had any problems of that sort, only thing I can think of is a lot of people havent been forcing the back panel in all the way causing it to shut down. Its something dell put in, if the panel isnt fixed in properly or the battery is exposed it shuts down.

Could be one of the senor things is faulty on it causing it to randomly shut down.

I've Checked the back cover and it looks like its in fine, the other thing I thought might be causing it could be something I've installed may try a factory reset and see if that clears it up. Although I've only installed 5 or 6 apps and nothing particularly intensive.

Guest maskaler
Is anyone having an issue with random restarts on their Streak? Mine has done it a number of times over the past week and twice this afternoon , just like a soft reset, screen goes black then reboot to Dell logo. Think I may take back to cpw see what they say...

I've had it restart once. The browser had hung and I was swiping the screen like a maniac. I imagine this is what caused it, but other than that it's been fine.

Guest WilhelmsBrick
I've Checked the back cover and it looks like its in fine, the other thing I thought might be causing it could be something I've installed may try a factory reset and see if that clears it up. Although I've only installed 5 or 6 apps and nothing particularly intensive.

If it's an app that's too intensive on the system or can't run properly on the Streak I'd be leaning to thinking the app would just be forced shut, or at least a bit of screen freezing before the random restart. If the problem persists after a factory reset take it back to the shop and get it swapped.

I've had it restart once. The browser had hung and I was swiping the screen like a maniac. I imagine this is what caused it, but other than that it's been fine.

I've had the browser freeze on me a few times, it sorts itself out after pressing the home button, coming out of it for a few seconds and then going back in. Hmmm, wonder how common the browser freezing is...

Guest mrgdavies

I've done a factory reset and still looks like I'm getting restarts, just checked my uptime in Settings -> About Phone -> Status and its not what I was expecting.

Can anyone else check their uptime to see if it looks right, these restarts are silent so it could be doing it while in the case or anywhere. I know my g1 used to restart occasionally but it would vibrate so I knew when it had happened.

Guest maskaler
I've done a factory reset and still looks like I'm getting restarts, just checked my uptime in Settings -> About Phone -> Status and its not what I was expecting.

Can anyone else check their uptime to see if it looks right, these restarts are silent so it could be doing it while in the case or anywhere. I know my g1 used to restart occasionally but it would vibrate so I knew when it had happened.

Up 21 hours. I listen to music most of the day at work so I'd notice it resetting. Sounds like a pretty bad issue though mate - what apps have you installed, if any, since you picked up the unit? Have you uninstalled anything or modified any system settings?

Guest mrgdavies
Up 21 hours. I listen to music most of the day at work so I'd notice it resetting. Sounds like a pretty bad issue though mate - what apps have you installed, if any, since you picked up the unit? Have you uninstalled anything or modified any system settings?

I had only installed a few apps, fbreader, air control, zebra paint, Scummvm, anycut, facebook, speedtest.net and a couple of others that I cant remember. I haven't rooted it or messed about with settings, so no idea what's causing it. Oh and i've since factory reset it and not installed anything and I'm pretty sure it restarted last night as my uptime was only 13 hours this morning, should have been about 18 hours.

Might call in at cpw at lunch see what they say.

Guest Smartstradamus

this issue has come to my streak now,

it freezed after i hit the back button in the market.

Al buttons and screen were unresponsive and it just rebooted to o2 logo and then to my home menu.

weird!

Considering i already have the no service issue im guessing i must have a bum unit.