win 7 doesnt realize b7610 is connected via usb?

Guest santoo

Guest santoo

hi guys :(

a question to those of you with w7-experience:

I just set up my pc with win 7 pro (fresh install; fully updated) - when I connect my phone via usb-cable, both the pc and the phone acts as if nothing had happened ;)

.) usb in general works fine (external hdd, mouse, keyboard, webcam - all fine)

.) usb connection to hpone used to work on same pc running XP (using same cable & port)

.) used usb-port works fine (other devices work when plugged in to this port; same result when using other usb ports)

.) cable is fine (works when connecting the phone to my laptop)

.) phone is fine (works when connected to xp-laptop)

.) no conflicts in device manager, no interesting events in the event viewer

I really am at my wit's end.

I can only guess that it might be something on the hardware/lowlevel-driver-level because the phone doesn't even seem to realize that it is connected to something - it doesn't wake up (which would indicate to me, that it's at least getting power through the usb cable - and I can even reboot the phone while it's still plugged in

TIA for any ideas!

Guest santoo

thanks for your ideas guys ;)

Did you install activesync?

sorry, forgot to mention: windows mobile device center 6.1, 32-bit version (in7 is 32bit also) has been installed!

Does win 7 see you b7610 when you configure your phone to behave like an USB device?

nope, doesn't show up in explorer - and no events in the eventviewer or problems in the devicemanager either

PS: both activesync-mode and USB-device-mode work well when connected to a xp laptop with the same cable

Edited by santoo

Guest santoo

thanks for your ideas, unfortunately:

Obvious question: does it work on another PC, with windows XP/Vista?

.) phone is fine (works when connected to xp-laptop)

Check your device manager (Control Panel -> Show all -> Device Manager).

If you're unsure, post a screenshot :(

.) no conflicts in device manager, no interesting events in the event viewer

to be more precise: devicemanager not only show no errors/conflicts/unknown devices, it also shows no mobile device or usb-storage-device (apart from my ext. hdds). all usb controllers and hubs show up fine & working ;)

after more searching I tried deleting the activesync partnership on the device since that seems to have helped in similar cases - no joy.

Guest ErnstJanF
thanks for your ideas, unfortunately:

to be more precise: devicemanager not only show no errors/conflicts/unknown devices, it also shows no mobile device or usb-storage-device (apart from my ext. hdds). all usb controllers and hubs show up fine & working ;)

after more searching I tried deleting the activesync partnership on the device since that seems to have helped in similar cases - no joy.

There's no MIT usb sync or something?

Try setting the connection mode to Removable Class...

Also, check the power settings of win7 for any settings related to USB. It could be that your USB-port is getting less power.. :(

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest santoo
There's no MIT usb sync or something?

Try setting the connection mode to Removable Class...

Also, check the power settings of win7 for any settings related to USB. It could be that your USB-port is getting less power.. :)

hi ErnstJanF,

;) thanks for the continued tries to help! :(

- no MIT usb sync (never heard of it, just checked xp-laptop to be sure, no such thing there either)

- power settings: device manager shows 500mA per usb port (same as laptop), other passive usb devices (like mouse, keyboard, webcam) work fine. checking or unchecking the option "computer may disable power for this usb port to save power) has no effect; nevertheless I agree with your (probable) line of reasoning: if the phone doesn't even wake up from sleepmode when connected to the pc, it would indicate that it's not receiving any power (and, in fact, it does NOT charge when connected to the pc!);

- "removable class" - what exactly do you mean? setting the phone not to active sync mode, but to removable drive mode? if so: tried, works on xp-sys, no effect on w7-sys

i've tried one more thing: disabling the advanced network functionality via USB (on the b7610) in hope of establishing a basic connection; operations fails with "failed to disable RNDIS to use Serial" even when shutting down all potential networking processes beforehand. strange. I'm sure I could do that before (but maybe on another ROM) current ROM: newest daskalos 6.5.5 megalite... googling the errormsg & trying several potential solutions yielded no results :D

Guest ErnstJanF

Are you sure it's not getting power? It could be your software that thinks it's not connected..

Check your battery please :(

Already tried ANOTHER rom? (Hard reset doesn't work..) ;)

Are you sure you left the PHONE/EBOOT parts intact? (A)

Guest santoo
Are you sure it's not getting power?

pretty sure: battery doesn't charge (not even when phone is off)

Check your battery please :)

battery is fine. charges as usual when connected to xp-machine. charges when plugged to power outlet in wall; same symptoms with other batteries I've tried

Already tried ANOTHER rom? (Hard reset doesn't work..) ;)

no, haven't tried another rom since I upgraded to win7 on the main machine - haven't even hard reset the device (since I always end up spending >2days customzing/tweaking/installing it to suit my needs). therefore I consider this the last choice, if everything else fails :(

anyway, I assume the problem lies with my w7-machine & not the b7610 (as it works fine when connected to my xp-laptop) so I guess I'll go looking for any services that might be deactivated or don't have their dependencies met or some drivers that report no problem, yet quietly muck up the connection...

Are you sure you left the PHONE/EBOOT parts intact? (A)

jup, last flash was only the rom part. I had flashed phone/eboot a while ago, but that went fine & the new config didn't cause any problems with my then-still xp-machine

anyway - ErnstJanF: I really do appreciate you taking the time to help - thanks a lot!

Guest fense

I have same problem as you as well.

what i done is in pc, go device manager, try to look for remote adapter, uninstall it.

unibstall your wmdc as well.

reconnect again ur B7610, Windows & will downloads some driver and wmdc again to make it sync.

i had success done it.

good luck

• 4 months later...
Guest chemanika
make sure it isnt set to use advanced network connection, on your B7610 that is

had same problem followed darkhelmetnl's tip...... phone sync perfectly