Can Usb host mode support in Acer Liquid ?

Guest itnewbie

Guest itnewbie

Hello all,

I just saw the usb host mode support: http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/ ;)

It would be great to have it in Acer Liquid Rom (1.6 ~ 2.2), because touch screen keyboard is hard for me to do editing on the road.

...... extract from the great site..

su

insmod drivers/usb/core/usbcore.ko

insmod drivers/usb/host/ehci-hcd.ko

insmod drivers/hid/usbhid/usbhid.ko

insmod drivers/usb/storage/usb-storage.ko

# Wait for usb-storage.ko to enumerate partitions

Seems like we need some .ko usb drivers..... Will this dream comes true :( ?

Best Regards,

Itnewbie

Guest liquid_it

Assuming Liquid usb hardware implementation can manage usb host, and I'm not sure it can, we still need kernel sources to compile and insert some modules (the .ko files) to use usb host itself.

We have Donut kernel sources (well, sort of, thanks to acer), but still nothing for eclair (which hasn't been even released).

Guest itnewbie

USB host mode support for our Acer liquid, it would be possible to recongise any USB storage device, usb keyboard, usb mouse, display output from usb display link .... :(

Most likely, it will turn our phone to be a "portable computer".

Since we have the Donut kernel sources, hopes our rom's development expert can include in 2.2 FRF50_Liquid-Porting project (because the kernel is based on 2.6.29, Donut kernel 1.6), it would be other surprise to us. ;)

Best Regards

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nameless'
Assuming Liquid usb hardware implementation can manage usb host, and I'm not sure it can, we still need kernel sources to compile and insert some modules (the .ko files) to use usb host itself.

We have Donut kernel sources (well, sort of, thanks to acer), but still nothing for eclair (which hasn't been even released).

Maybe I have missed something, but this : http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Do...cer&SC=PA_4

isn't Eclair Source Kernel ?? :)

Guest liquid_it
Yeah I know, it wasn't me saying Eclair sources haven't been released yet.....

It was me, but it was just before sources were released.. :)

Guest phhusson

I enabled OTG in my Donut kernels for Froyo (see those old posts.), it does detect the A or B type cable, enables usb host controler, but I've no usb otg device, the liquid can't provide with vbus, and I don't have Y cable for power ....

Anyway, that means that you might wnat to test :)

Of course there is no android integration, so if you want to test, you must have correct linux knowledge, and correct hardware.

Guest liquid_it
Of course there is no android integration, so if you want to test, you must have correct linux knowledge, and correct hardware.

That's good, btw.. maybe mass storage and hid devices will work with not so much troubles..

Btw, any chance to see your (feature loaded) boot.img for new rom? Still using you 920 with SVS, ramzswap and TS hack and I love it..

Guest cas™
I enabled OTG in my Donut kernels for Froyo (see those old posts.), it does detect the A or B type cable, enables usb host controler, but I've no usb otg device, the liquid can't provide with vbus, and I don't have Y cable for power ....

Anyway, that means that you might wnat to test :angry:

i have buyed on ebay this item: "Mini-USB OTG On The Go Host Lead Cable Cable Convertor" and i am going to try it on the next days with my photo camera that have an internal power supply.

i would connect and upload photos directly with my phone!

• 2 months later...