Flash 10.1 for Android 2.1 (Sense)

Guest ultrabrite

Guest ultrabrite

i'm on Paul's Desire Rom Alpha r22.1 which seems to work with Flash 10.1... now i've deleted Flash Lite (/system/app/FlashLitePlugin.apk) ;)

Edited by ultrabrite

Guest ultrabrite

yeah, it works fine !

i've made some test with differents websites and it seems to work good...

Flash function to drag and drop — startDrag(); — seems doesn't work, but no more with Flash Lite!

Edited by ultrabrite

Guest gubacsek

For me it doesn't seem to work. Or i don't get it at least. I installed the apk, and checked on wahtismyflash.com. It says 10.1.123.

I uninstalled, rebooted my desire, and went back to the site (cleared cache also), and it still says 10.1.123.

So what? the original flashlite is 10.1.123 too ?

I didn't noticed any differences with this flash installed or uninstalled. The same sites are working, and not working.

What is going on here? ;)

I have MCR3.1 flashed.

Guest DavideBeatrice
i'm on Paul's Desire Rom Alpha r22.1 which seems to work with Flash 10.1... now i've deleted Flash Lite (/system/app/FlashLitePlugin.apk) ;)

Im also on r22.1, but whatismyflash.com says "no flash player installed or disabled"

I installed the apk and its not working, even after rebbot...

could you help me please?

thx!

EDIT: it works with internet application, not with skyfire beta

Edited by DavideBeatrice

Guest ianm2k4

Branded Orange with no mods. At whatismyflash.com gives 10.1.123 so the lite must also be 10.1.123 ? Using Dolphin HD or Stock Browser

Guest DavideBeatrice
What did you use to uninstall Flash Lite? I've had no luck.

ATTENTION: all below its for advanced user: dont try it if you dont know what are you doing!!!

I post the exact procedure, but Im not responsible if you make a damage

Download terminal Emulator

1- Open terminal emulator

2- type: "su" (without quotes) > enter (you must allow root permissions)

3- Now if you dont see anymore the keyboard touch search button then back, and now keyboard is there :-)

4- type "mount -o remount,rw /system" + enter (We enter system folder with root permission so we can unistall features)

5- enter the apps folder typing "cd /system/app" + enter (always without quotes)

6- type: "ls" + enter (it will show you all the apks, i.e. Amazon Mp3 is "com.amazon.mp3.apk")

7- to delete apk digit: "rm com.amazon.mp3.apk" + enter

8- remount now the file system by typing: "mount -o remount,r /system" + Invio

bye bye!!!

Cheers

Guest ultrabrite
For me it doesn't seem to work. Or i don't get it at least. I installed the apk, and checked on wahtismyflash.com. It says 10.1.123.

I uninstalled, rebooted my desire, and went back to the site (cleared cache also), and it still says 10.1.123.

So what? the original flashlite is 10.1.123 too ?

I didn't noticed any differences with this flash installed or uninstalled. The same sites are working, and not working.

What is going on here? :)

I have MCR3.1 flashed.

if you have Froyo, you have already Flash 10.1 :( !

EDIT: sorry, you have desire rom... "So what? the original flashlite is 10.1.123 too ?" — i don't understand either... ;)

What did you use to uninstall Flash Lite? I've had no luck.

it's not necessary to uninstall Flash Lite, except to be sure that it is Flash 10.1 which reads swf.

Im also on r22.1, but whatismyflash.com says "no flash player installed or disabled"

I installed the apk and its not working, even after rebbot...

could you help me please?

thx!

EDIT: it works with internet application, not with skyfire beta

i use the internet application, so i have not yet made test with other applications.

Edited by ultrabrite

Guest eldar4uk

I removed HTC Flash Player & HTC Flash Plugin using adb commands and installed Adobe Flash 10.1 but system does not see it. Whatismyflash.com says that I don`t have flash player and on the web sites flash not working. So I completely lost flash player on my N1 ;) How I can fix it?

Guest ultrabrite
I removed HTC Flash Player & HTC Flash Plugin using adb commands and installed Adobe Flash 10.1 but system does not see it. Whatismyflash.com says that I don`t have flash player and on the web sites flash not working. So I completely lost flash player on my N1 :( How I can fix it?

it doesn't work ;) ?

you can copy the files FlashLitePlugin.apk and FlashPlayer.apk from the folder /system/app/ in the MoDaCo zip to your sdcard, so copy it in /system/app/ using adb commands.

i didn't uninstalled FlashPlayer.apk, just FlashLitePlugin.apk...

Guest ultrabrite
I removed HTC Flash Player & HTC Flash Plugin using adb commands and installed Adobe Flash 10.1 but system does not see it. Whatismyflash.com says that I don`t have flash player and on the web sites flash not working. So I completely lost flash player on my N1 :) How I can fix it?

then, i have just also uninstalled FlashPlayer.apk (after having made a copy on my sdcard :( ), so there is no FlashPlayer.apk nor FlashLitePlugin.apk in /system/app/.

i rebooted the device and Flash works fine, so it appears that for me it's OK ;) !