LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae
hello, i tried to update via the lg mobile support tool, but it keep on sayin "i have the latest version", when i look in customer support--update history it said S/W version v20b.... but still on v10a???

i'm on vodafone, but i bought the fone in carphone warehouse with a t-mobile sim card (it was unlock and un-branded)

Can somebody explain me what to do, i have to admit i'm lost...

many thanks

your V10A GT540 is a CPW Open UK version, you will need to wait for CPW to update their version of the rom, or flash it to V20B using another flashing tool instead of the LG Update tool provided by LG

Guest Groschacal
your V10A GT540 is a CPW Open UK version, you will need to wait for CPW to update their version of the rom, or flash it to V20B using another flashing tool instead of the LG Update tool provided by LG

Ok, thanks for the answer :P

Guest max-greece

OK - is anyone in Greece on Vodafone planning to see if this ROM solves our 2G problem?

I only ask as I am fed up with re-installing my phone each time. I've now installed 4 versions of the software and I would kinda like the next one to be the last for a while.....

Guest jporch316

you d think bringing out an unbranded standard rom (eg cw rom) would be quicker than releasing a network rom (eg vodafone) - they ve had to add and test a whole load of stuff on the voda rom

it dont make sense - lets hope its today

Guest Dedge-World

Same here no update on official LG updater program, I'm on 3 mobile my self.

Looks like will have to wait till its up on LG program as mine gt540 is unbranded :P

you d think bringing out an unbranded standard rom (eg cw rom) would be quicker than releasing a network rom (eg vodafone) - they ve had to add and test a whole load of stuff on the voda rom

it dont make sense - lets hope its today

Money talks :P At least here in Sweden, and I guess it's true for the rest of the world, one network/reseller can buy the option of getting updates prior to anyone else in the same market (their direct competitors). Thus they can influence the releases to the other networks that doesn't pay. This has happened before here, but I don't think they postponed the others more than 14 days or so.

I dunno if the Nordic region has anything special for this kind of budget phone though. Haven't seen a branded GT540 up here.

Guest ilovelg
Hi,

Anyone tried flashing the GT540F version of the Optimus with the new 2.1 roms posted in this thread?

Whats the diference between GT540f and GT540 ? Its the same device only as i know GT540f is wth gray skin, right ?

Whats the diference between GT540f and GT540 ? Its the same device only as i know GT540f is wth gray skin, right ?

Well, it is actually black. And I found somewhere mentioned that it is the operating frequency that is different (850/2100 for the GT540f vs 900/2100 for the GT450). But I'm not sure if that means that it has to be a different rom?

More 2.1 Eclair ROMs available today:

Singapore (StarHub)

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/GT540/ASHBBK/V20b_00/V20B_00.kdz
Thailand
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/GT540/ATHABK/V20b_00/V20B_00.kdz
Australia (OPTUS)
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/GT540/AOPTBK/V20b_00/V20B_00.kdz
Australia
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/GT540/AAUSBK/V20c_00/V20C_00.kdz

Edited by pjrg

Guest AussieOutsider

Awesome, nice to see some of the Australian ROMs starting to appear.

Any Chance of a Hutchinson (3 Mobile) GT540F rom soon? And what comes in the Australian 2.1 update? (The non Optus one)

Awesome, nice to see some of the Australian ROMs starting to appear.

Any Chance of a Hutchinson (3 Mobile) GT540F rom soon? And what comes in the Australian 2.1 update? (The non Optus one)

Hutchinson (3 Mobile) still forbidenn:

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/GT540F/AHHSBK/V20b_00/V20B_00.kdz

hi all,

i updated my gt540 to 2.1 ,all went ok,but it wiped my o2 credit!

just a heads up.

and now when i connect it to pc suite it says there is a software update for my phone.

what do you think,try the update?

Guest ASY9650
hi all,

just a heads up.

and now when i connect it to pc suite it says there is a software update for my phone.

Hold up, is your phone an 02 phone?...

That must mean...that the 02 UK ROM is here?!!!

Guest ASY9650
hi all,

just a heads up.

And yeah, no reason not to try the update either.

Guest ASY9650
thanks for replies should have said its the baltic 2.1 rom.

cheers.

Huh?. Did you flash with Baltic?.

Even then your LG Update will give notifications regarding your handset as in if it's an 02 phone...then the update is for the 02 UK Firmware...

So is your phone an 02 handset?.

Guest ASY9650
thanks for replies should have said its the baltic 2.1 rom.

cheers.

Huh?. Did you flash with Baltic?.

Even then your LG Update will give notifications regarding your handset as in if it's an 02 phone...then the update is for the 02 UK Firmware...

So is your phone an 02 handset?.