LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest saeba_ryo
Never had a problem missing calls and texts with the Baltics one...

Although I did not try any ROM beyond my official one, the problems with SMS and missed calls seem to be a combination of the ROM and the carrier one is using. For example, here in greece only the ones using Vodafone are having issues, people who use one of the other carriers have no issues at all!

Guest max-greece
Although I did not try any ROM beyond my official one, the problems with SMS and missed calls seem to be a combination of the ROM and the carrier one is using. For example, here in greece only the ones using Vodafone are having issues, people who use one of the other carriers have no issues at all!

Saeba,

You are not planning to try out the UK Vodafone ROM by any chance are you?

I'd do it but other than the damn 2g my phone is working so well right now (touch wood, spit 3 times and all that).

Guest Nuno_PT
Saeba,

I'd do it but other than the damn 2g my phone is working so well right now (touch wood, spit 3 times and all that).

All I can tell you is that I'm using the Android Eclair 2.1 UK Vodafone firmware, with a Portuguese Vodafone carrier, and I can make/receive calls and send/receive SMS.

In fact, all is working good. I am satisfied with this ROM and will only change when the official 2.1 unbranded Portuguese ROM is released.

Nuno

PS: I've just tested and 3G Works (and 2G too, I'm using it) and HSDPA works too. So everything works with this ROM with, at least, the Portuguese Vodafone carrier.

Edited by Nuno_PT

Guest saeba_ryo
Saeba,

No plan to try any ROM right now, the only thing I did was updating to the greek V20a with the official tool and have ZERO problems with Vodafone GR since. Since it works, I will NOT touch it!

Guest max-greece
No plan to try any ROM right now, the only thing I did was updating to the greek V20a with the official tool and have ZERO problems with Vodafone GR since. Since it works, I will NOT touch it!

I had no idea you didn't have the same problem as me. Is it that you did have the problem and now you don't or did you never have the problem in the first place?

Guest Quinny898

I know that the update is coming very soon. When you use Windows Enabler on the Official LG Software update you get a box, when you've clicked on Start Updating that tells you about the 1.6 - 2.1 update, which means it's there. But when you click on Yes it scans the phone and then tells you that there isn't one, when there clearly is! WTH

Guest saeba_ryo
I had no idea you didn't have the same problem as me. Is it that you did have the problem and now you don't or did you never have the problem in the first place?

I had a 2G problem with the V10d the phone had when I purchased it, I updated with the offcial tool to V20a and the problem was fixed, no more problems with 2G. I never used KDz updater on this phone, everyone who did in the myphone.gr forums lost 2G and 3G altogether with Vodafone. Something is not done right with the KDz tool.

Guest blademan
is the Slovak version 2.1 ???

how to unlock your phone to transfer the lg pc suite ??

as i know, 2.1 for orange sk has already been released, for t-mobile sk not yet... im also waiting for it

Guest max-greece
I had a 2G problem with the V10d the phone had when I purchased it, I updated with the offcial tool to V20a and the problem was fixed, no more problems with 2G. I never used KDz updater on this phone, everyone who did in the myphone.gr forums lost 2G and 3G altogether with Vodafone. Something is not done right with the KDz tool.

Compared to them I am doing well then - I have full 3G but 2G has actually never worked even when I had 1.6.

Guest fetchfire
So which AU rom are you running???

I'm running the 20c not the optus one. It is almost identical to the stock 1.6 rom for bloatware. I've had some more luck with the missed calls. I missed a few more then I changed the settings again.

I set it to GSM only and then seached the networks and found vodafone nz gsm. Make sure you set to GSM only or it will drop everything as soon as it finds wcdma.

2 days without missing calls or texts.

Guest Boldizzle
I'm running the 20c not the optus one. It is almost identical to the stock 1.6 rom for bloatware. I've had some more luck with the missed calls. I missed a few more then I changed the settings again.

I set it to GSM only and then seached the networks and found vodafone nz gsm. Make sure you set to GSM only or it will drop everything as soon as it finds wcdma.

Oooo thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try. Might put the Aus firmware back on as the UK Vodafone firmware strangely packed all this crap into it such as The Sims 3.

For those who want to upgrade their GT540F, I can confirm that it's working perfectly. Following the instructions in this thread and using the AUSTRALIA ROM it was very easy to upgrade!! :) I'm on 3 Hutchison, but that ROM has not been released yet. BUT, I believe the ROM I'm using now is better, because I guess the 3 Hutchison will be full of bloat ware, like when I first bought my GT540F.

Guest blakamin

Cheers, Might give it a shot!

Any other major benefits over 1.6? :)

LG Home screen still there?

Data working?

EDIT: do you have a link to the ROM? I cant see it on the first page.

Edited by blakamin

Guest vodic62

Data working?

Yes. My GT540 shows 50% of battery after 2 days of running. Before update, my battery died every time after 1.5 days. I am using UK Vodafone version and I am very satisfied.

Yes LG Home screen still there. System looks almost the same, but little faster.

Yes.

Guest blakamin
More 2.1 Éclair Roms available today:

AUSTRALIA (HUTCHISON)

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20B_00.kdz

AUSTRALIA (VODAFONE)

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20B_00.kdz

Bloody typical for these to come out hours after I upgraded to 20C. :)

Might have to try the vodafone one as it will be close to what we have in NZ

Guest evilc77

Data working?

Have a look at post #465 V.20B is the Optus with all the optus stuff like Zoo etc, V20C is a cleaned up version but still has optus APN settings.

Guest Boldizzle
Bloody typical for these to come out hours after I upgraded to 20C. :)

Might have to try the vodafone one as it will be close to what we have in NZ

Dunno if you were having missed call issues(without having to force it to 2G to fix it) with other 2.1 firmware but the Aus Vodafone firmware doesn't fix this. It is better, but there are still problems with incoming/outgoing sms and calls.

I wonder when the NZ firmware will be available so that if I upgrade to that and it still doesn't work properly, I can at least then take the phone to Vodafone to fix under warranty.