LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest ilovelg
Hey, Will the Baltic rom work fine on an 02 handset in england?

Yes, but you will have to download APN from o2 :] via text message, dont ask me number couse i dont know :)

Guest Fotobox
Dunno if you were having missed call issues(without having to force it to 2G to fix it) with other 2.1 firmware but the Aus Vodafone firmware doesn't fix this. It is better, but there are still problems with incoming/outgoing sms and calls.

I wonder when the NZ firmware will be available so that if I upgrade to that and it still doesn't work properly, I can at least then take the phone to Vodafone to fix under warranty.

I'm having the same problem in NZ. I got my phone in Australia (Vodafone); worked fine with the 1.6 OS but on 2.1 it seems to be forever trying to connect to the 3G network. What a pain, hopefully there's some sort of workaround or update available soon. Ideally a Vodafone NZ Firmware update that sorts it out, because the 2.1 update is pretty nice other than the 3G issue...

Guest blakamin
Dunno if you were having missed call issues(without having to force it to 2G to fix it) with other 2.1 firmware but the Aus Vodafone firmware doesn't fix this. It is better, but there are still problems with incoming/outgoing sms and calls.

I wonder when the NZ firmware will be available so that if I upgrade to that and it still doesn't work properly, I can at least then take the phone to Vodafone to fix under warranty.

I WAS going to wait for NZ firmware but thought I better upgrade before I put too much crap on my phone! :)

Haven't had any issues yet at all, always have 3G connection (except at work because of the crappy area) and get texts and calls all day. Nobody has said they've called me and I've missed them...

I don't suppose anyone knows the TelstraClear APN for MMS?

I WAS going to wait for NZ firmware but thought I better upgrade before I put too much crap on my phone! :)

Haven't had any issues yet at all, always have 3G connection (except at work because of the crappy area) and get texts and calls all day. Nobody has said they've called me and I've missed them...

This is iphone settings. I supose it works with Android devices:

Mobile Data – TelstraClear APN

Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network

APN: www.telstraclear.net.nz

Picture Messaging – TelstraClear iPhone MMS Settings

APN: wap.telstraclear.net.nz

MMSC: http://telstraclear.nzmms.net.nz/pxtsend

MMS Proxy: 172.030.038.003:8080

MMS Max Message Size: 307200

Tethering – TelstraClear APN

APN: www.telstraclear.net.nz

Found on web!

Guest vodic62

Does anybody knows how is it possible that GT540 has 156MB RAM (total available, not free) with 1.6 firmware and 169MB RAM with 2.1. I am really confused. Both values comes from /proc/meminfo - directly from kernel.

I am sure, that I did not solder any new chip into my phone when I was flashing new firmware :)

Guest blakamin
This is iphone settings. I supose it works with Android devices:

Found on web!

Unfortunately it's not working for me... Maybe it needs the correct name?

Guest thugimmortal

I want to update my gt540 to os 2.1 . Im on 02 uk i have read the instructions on how to update but im still unsure what baltic ROM i need . Im computer literate but dont fully understand how to upgrade has anyone recorded a video of the update in full if i see whats going on the instructions would be a lot clearer i want to be sure of what im doing i dont want to brick my phone but im sick of waiting for the uk realease i emailed lg and they said that the update was in its final testing stages and they are waiting for the phone networks. So if someone can guide me through this risky process i would be greatful . Is there an app that updates the os rom without a pc

Thanks

Guest Boldizzle

So you're on TelstraClear and have had no issues with incoming/outgoing calls/sms?

I wonder if it's just that Vodafone 3G doesn't like the firmware for some reason rather than there being a problem with the phone. I mean if you've had no issues on Telstraclear then that might make sense. Might chuck my wife's XT sim in my phone and see how that runs.

Guest Boldizzle
Unfortunately it's not working for me... Maybe it needs the correct name?

The name shouldn't make too much of a difference regarding the APN settings.

It's probably needs more info like the APN Type etc.

Best way to get this would be to call TelstraClear. They'll be happy to provide this info. If they ask why, just tell them you did updated your firmware and it did a factory reset on your phone.

Guest blakamin
So you're on TelstraClear and have had no issues with incoming/outgoing calls/sms?

I had one sms that took about 30seconds to send and that's the only problem I've had (besides the mms issue)

I wonder if it's just that Vodafone 3G doesn't like the firmware for some reason rather than there being a problem with the phone. I mean if you've had no issues on Telstraclear then that might make sense. Might chuck my wife's XT sim in my phone and see how that runs.

The beauty of quadband!

The name shouldn't make too much of a difference regarding the APN settings.

It's probably needs more info like the APN Type etc.

Best way to get this would be to call TelstraClear. They'll be happy to provide this info. If they ask why, just tell them you did updated your firmware and it did a factory reset on your phone.

I had all the other settings, including APN type, I was just not getting the name right.

I tweeted them (because their call centre in manilla is hopeless) and if you name the APN for MMS "default" it works!

Edited by blakamin

Guest kapslock

Gave it a go. Shazam, Sims3, Four square and LG App adviser. Possibly some others. I didnt hang about, as, after restarting I had a constant error (that i did not take note of. Sorry) It constantly attempted to read my giffgaff sim, and then error. Straight back to Baltic, thankyou very much.

New Firmware available

Europe Open http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20A_00.kdz

Romania http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20A_00.kdz

:)

Sorry, i editet my Post... ^^

:)

Game this one a go,(Europe Open) seems to work ok.

APN was automatically set for o2, didnt have to put it in manually.

Only problem so far is that yes it does include the sims 3, however it doesnt work.

It loads up and shows the EA screen, then just closes immediatly back to the home screen..

Edited by new123

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
Game this one a go,(Europe Open) seems to work ok.

APN was automatically set for o2, didnt have to put it in manually.

Only problem so far is that yes it does include the sims 3, however it doesnt work.

It loads up and shows the EA screen, then just closes immediatly back to the home screen..

To get the sims to work then unpack this and copy the "Android" folder and its contents to your SD card

Download : SD Card Contents

Edited by Ev1lM0nk3y

Guest mogseyoboyle
No it is a Generic rom that belongs to no network ie As if you bought the phone sim free.

I bought mine from the CPW and it IS sim free. Are there some customisations that CPW has implemented that aren't obvious?

If I UG with this rom (I'm on Orange UK) will I have to perform any jiggery pokery for it to work on my current NW?

Thanks in advance

Mogsey

Edited by mogseyoboyle