LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest AerospaceMango
Seriously, if you don't know that, you really shouldn't be messing with stuff that could essentially bugger your phone.

It's a simple click > 'enable' in the icon in the taskbar.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

That is the funniset thing I've read ALL day!

he6rt6gr6m, You played a blinder!!!

Guest ilovelg
Please I am still waiting for some assistance please to my previous question. Is there a way to make it work for me??

Install English Version of KDZ, u wont need windows enabler...

Guest SrkeeOSK

Okay. for all you using the Europe open ROM, is there some junk or it's clean android...shazam, LG homescreen, forsquare and that stuff?

would like to try it but, it would be nice if there was less junk than in branded or country-tagged ones...

Guest thugimmortal
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

That is the funniset thing I've read ALL day!

he6rt6gr6m, You played a blinder!!!

Hahahahahahahaha.....hahaohahahahahahah!

I thought that windows enabler was a setting in windows not just some exe file that i just click....hahahaha.....

Any how i am on 02 giffgaff what rom is the best one the baltic or the europe open

Guest AerospaceMango
Hahahahahahahaha.....hahaohahahahahahah!

I thought that windows enabler was a setting in windows not just some exe file that i just click....hahahaha.....

Any how i am on 02 giffgaff what rom is the best one the baltic or the europe open

Apologies if I offended you, thug, but I was laughing at the response, not the original statement!

I am currently using the Baltic ROM and that seems fine. A couple of teething problems, like GPS being slow to start, but it's ok.

Haven't tried the Europe Open, cos I'm waiting for the Carphone Warehouse one to come out.....or maybe 2.2 !!!!

Guest Norby55

Hi! I'm using the baltic version (update 1). I saw on this topic, the black version of the software, I want to ask if i can install it on my grey gt540, and besides, what's the difference between these firmware types. Thanks!

Okay. for all you using the Europe open ROM, is there some junk or it's clean android...shazam, LG homescreen, forsquare and that stuff?

would like to try it but, it would be nice if there was less junk than in branded or country-tagged ones...

Europe open ROM have Shazam, Foursquare, Layar, The Sims 3, and Wapédia.

Guest SrkeeOSK

Thak you very much.

I flashed EuroOpen on my Optimus. Had no problems at all. 3g works, gps works, only sims not, but i probably need som SD data for them.

Live wallpapers are a nice addition, also the new transition effects. phone i a bit faster now, we'll se when i install all the needed apps, will he still get a hold of it.

like the new contacts layout..

So Tele2 Network Croatia, EuropeOpen Rom APPROVED fully working :)

now i need to master the rooting for 2.1 and remove sims , layar and foursquare. wapedia too. and i have a clean nice system.

Edited by SrkeeOSK

Guest Boldizzle
Thak you very much.

I flashed EuroOpen on my Optimus. Had no problems at all. 3g works, gps works, only sims not, but i probably need som SD data for them.

Live wallpapers are a nice addition, also the new transition effects. phone i a bit faster now, we'll se when i install all the needed apps, will he still get a hold of it.

like the new contacts layout..

So Tele2 Network Croatia, EuropeOpen Rom APPROVED fully working :)

now i need to master the rooting for 2.1 and remove sims , layar and foursquare. wapedia too. and i have a clean nice system.

Nice one!

Can any New Zealanders confirm whether Vodafone 3G works with this rom?

Guest PaulZero

There appears to be a Carphone Warehouse version out. Mobile Support Tool claims there's an update for my phone... Although unfortunately I'm on a laptop with limited battery so I'll have to do it later. Curses!

Guest AerospaceMango
There appears to be a Carphone Warehouse version out. Mobile Support Tool claims there's an update for my phone... Although unfortunately I'm on a laptop with limited battery so I'll have to do it later. Curses!

Trust it to be the one day where I leave my USB cable at home!!!

Bugger!

But the update does appear to be there!!!

Carphone Warehouse (CPW) UK Open 2.1

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20B_00.kdz

A little surprised at the version number. Was expecting a V20A not B being as the 1.6 rom was v10a.

Just downloading it now anyway and going to flash, so will post back in a few minutes with what happens.

Edited by new123

Just finished flashing to UK Carphone Warehouse 2.1

Included apps are. (beside the standard apps)

LG App Advisor

Facbook For LG

Fourquare

Layar

Quickoffice

Shazam

The Sims 3

Twitter for LG

Voice Search (FINALLY its back, didnt seem to be included in any other 2.1 ROMs)

Wapedia

117MB of phone storage avilable after flashing with nothing else downloaded.

In regards to the sims 3, I wish this wasnt built in, as its not something i really ply therefore it just sits there taking up memory and getting in the way. Would have been better if it had been something they gave you the option to download, i like to have my phone free of clutter and things i dont need

Cool, does it have the VPN settings? As if I remember correctly that was missing from CPW 1.6.

It has a menu called VPN settings, where you can go into it to add a new VPN etc.. if that is what you mean?

I noticed a Slovakia 2.1 rom on the notifications page also.

I'll try to find a link to it.

Also a Hungary 2.1 ROM here

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20A_00.kdz

Heres the Slovakia 2.1 ROM

And also 2.1 for South Africa

Spain 2.1

Edited by new123

Guest he6rt6gr6m
Just finished flashing to UK Carphone Warehouse 2.1

Included apps are. (beside the standard apps)

LG App Advisor

Facbook For LG

Fourquare

Layar

Quickoffice

Shazam

The Sims 3

Twitter for LG

Voice Search (FINALLY its back, didnt seem to be included in any other 2.1 ROMs)

Wapedia

117MB of phone storage avilable after flashing with nothing else downloaded.

In regards to the sims 3, I wish this wasnt built in, as its not something i really ply therefore it just sits there taking up memory and getting in the way. Would have been better if it had been something they gave you the option to download, i like to have my phone free of clutter and things i dont need

Sims 3. Nice.