LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest thugimmortal
Just finished flashing to UK Carphone Warehouse 2.1

Included apps are. (beside the standard apps)

LG App Advisor

Facbook For LG

Fourquare

Layar

Quickoffice

Shazam

The Sims 3

Twitter for LG

Voice Search (FINALLY its back, didnt seem to be included in any other 2.1 ROMs)

Wapedia

117MB of phone storage avilable after flashing with nothing else downloaded.

In regards to the sims 3, I wish this wasnt built in, as its not something i really ply therefore it just sits there taking up memory and getting in the way. Would have been better if it had been something they gave you the option to download, i like to have my phone free of clutter and things i dont need

Cann you install this on a gt540 on 02 giffgaff if so does it unlock your phone to any network or does uk open mean you can install on any network and as this is a uk rom do you use the lg pc suit or the kdz installer

Thankz

Guest thugimmortal
Apologies if I offended you, thug, but I was laughing at the response, not the original statement!

I am currently using the Baltic ROM and that seems fine. A couple of teething problems, like GPS being slow to start, but it's ok.

Haven't tried the Europe Open, cos I'm waiting for the Carphone Warehouse one to come out.....or maybe 2.2 !!!!

Thats ok mate lol

Was it easy to upgrade im dieing to upgrade but im scared i might brick the phone have you got any pointers

Thanks mate

Just install the greek version.i have a few questions plz :

do i have to root- it? and what is the benefits of root-ing the system?

how can i remove - sims,shazam ?

thanks for the replies.

sorry for my bad english.

Installed it yesterday oh lord is it sweet. My favourite feature is the live walpaper, still playing arround with it. How Can I get sim three to run?? I have the vodaphone version, is there any point in me changing to the CPW version??

Thanks for all the help provided

Guest Quinny898

I updated using the official updater and I got the stuck on download mode. When I unpluged the phone, like LG told me to it would only start in emergency mode and show the lg logo in silver, start in download mode or start in charging mode. I tried all the factory resets and it still doesnt work, LG will not help via email and now when I connect the phone o the PC it doesnt show up! HELP! IS MY PHONE BRICKED?

I updated using the official updater and I got the stuck on download mode. When I unpluged the phone, like LG told me to it would only start in emergency mode and show the lg logo in silver, start in download mode or start in charging mode. I tried all the factory resets and it still doesnt work, LG will not help via email and now when I connect the phone o the PC it doesnt show up! HELP! IS MY PHONE BRICKED?

Try the emergency download instructions in this topic, it worked for me as you can see a few posts back.

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...ference-thread/

Guest dudeman1996_11

Dunno if it's just me but I updated to the Carphone Warehouse 2.1 ROM (CPW) and everything's fine apart from when I open The Sims 3, it shows the EA logo with the green sims diamond above it for about 3 seconds and then closes. Any help?

Guest SrkeeOSK
Dunno if it's just me but I updated to the Carphone Warehouse 2.1 ROM (CPW) and everything's fine apart from when I open The Sims 3, it shows the EA logo with the green sims diamond above it for about 3 seconds and then closes. Any help?
yeah, sims have some SD content and you only downloaded ROM, u gotta find the SD folder with game data somewhere.

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
Heres what you need for the sims 3.

Or you can download if frmo the official LG server here

http://www.lg.com/uk/products/documents/Sw...al_20100709.zip

Instructions and files ar ein the zip file.

When follwing the instructions you dont need to follow the bit about installing the apk file, since this is already installed on the phone. YOu just need to do the bit about putting the Data files on the SD card.

Yes you can get it off LG but you will need to arrange all the files.

I have arranged all the files in the correct folders so you can just drop it straight on the sd card.

Edited by Ev1lM0nk3y

Guest AerospaceMango
Any news about Android 2.2 update for GT540?

I put a video on YouTube, from the Russians, showing 2.2build....

LG GT540 2.2 will get you to the video....

700+ views already, so there's a lot of interest out there!

More news on 4pda

Guest he6rt6gr6m

Sims 3 work for anyone with the new CPUK ROM? Mine doesn't. I did a straight Baltic 2.1 to UK 2.1 Update, but just closes after the EA screen. >.<

Guest saeba_ryo
Sims 3 work for anyone with the new CPUK ROM? Mine doesn't. I did a straight Baltic 2.1 to UK 2.1 Update, but just closes after the EA screen. >.<

Did you add the necessary SD card folders and files? It will not run otherwise. You can get the files from the LG site itself.

Guest he6rt6gr6m

Will try that now.

Gone back to the Baltics ROM. The CWUK ROM made an application disappear from the Market that I needed for a backup of contacts, so I'm gonna stick with this one, I reckon. Never had a problem with it anyway.

If anyone knows of a ROM that has even less stuff on it, or a way to remove things like Facebook for LG, Twitter for LG, etc. let me know.

Guest Dedge-World

my lg gt540 keeps disconecting using the LG updater, ie I turn of the the phone plug in usb cable, it will turn on the phone automatic, then disconnect after the LGMobile updater detects,

post-773337-1289002514_thumb.jpg

post-773337-1289002561_thumb.jpg

Guest Dedge-World
my lg gt540 keeps disconecting using the LG updater, ie I turn of the the phone plug in usb cable, it will turn on the phone automatic, then disconnect after the LGMobile updater detects,

sorted it i had to dissable storage device in phone settings>> sd cars & storage and untick it

Guest DBNemesis
Will try that now.

Gone back to the Baltics ROM. The CWUK ROM made an application disappear from the Market that I needed for a backup of contacts, so I'm gonna stick with this one, I reckon. Never had a problem with it anyway.

If anyone knows of a ROM that has even less stuff on it, or a way to remove things like Facebook for LG, Twitter for LG, etc. let me know.

Having rooted my phone I used Titanium backup to remove the unwanted programs, though it didn't matter so much after I added app2sd.