LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

I use Smart Keyboard Pro with HTC Skin. Thats the best IME i have ever used, ever.

Thanx. I tried Smart Keyboard Pro and im liking it so far.

When using the LG IME in porttrait QWERTY mode i kept making hundreds of typing errors cos the keys are so small.

With smart keyboard pro it seems to allow for innacuracies and automaticaly corrects them. Seems really good.

It has tons of settings though which gets a bit confusing as some of them dont exactly make sense as to what they actually do, but apart from that its great

Anyone know what this one is? AGBRBK

Is it another open ROM, or is it a specific network, as the AGBRBK bit doesnt seem to give any clues as to what it is.

AGBWBK is the carphone warehouse rom so surely this cant be another open ROM?

Yes, it is a Open ROM for the Great Britain.

I test it and it is Unbranded. It have the stuff that the other ones have! Layar, Shazam, etc...

Yes, it is a Open ROM for the Great Britain.

I test it and it is Unbranded. It have the stuff that the other ones have! Layar, Shazam, etc...

So what is the actual purpose of this ROM, being as the carphone warehouse rom is UK open, and unbranded.

what model of phone is this new them an official upgrade from?

So what is the actual purpose of this ROM, being as the carphone warehouse rom is UK open, and unbranded.

I don´t know! But its Unbranded!

Guest sughero
Which keyboard is that? Is it the proper android one?

Nope, is the proper LG one. Can you see the microphone at the left of the space bar? You can find it inside the french rom not in the greek one neither in the european or baltic I guess.

post-776055-1290116622_thumb.png

I don´t know! But its Unbranded!

i downloaded and compared the filesizes of this new uk rom and the carphone warehouse ROM, they are EXACTLY the same size, exactly the same ammount of bytes, so im guessing that in fact they are identical?

Nope, is the proper LG one. Can you see the microphone at the left of the space bar? You can find it inside the french rom not in the greek one neither in the european or baltic I guess.

post-776055-1290116622_thumb.png

I wonder why the french ROM has the microphone button but none of the other roms do.

Does voice input actualyl work when you press the microphone button?

i downloaded and compared the filesizes of this new uk rom and the carphone warehouse ROM, they are EXACTLY the same size, exactly the same ammount of bytes, so im guessing that in fact they are identical?

I checked the MD5 for the CPW and GB ROMs. They are exactly the same: c2271b867b3975fa4e361ed95552aedc

In which case I'm sticking with Europe Open. B)

any differences with other roms? i'm using the Greek one which was the first unbranded rom with Italian. I wonder if it's worth to change it...

i cant try it.... my lg is in milan becouse i brick it....

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
Anyone know what this one is? AGBRBK

Is it another open ROM, or is it a specific network, as the AGBRBK bit doesnt seem to give any clues as to what it is.

AGBWBK is the carphone warehouse rom so surely this cant be another open ROM?

It is a open rom for the UK

Guest sughero
I wonder why the french ROM has the microphone button but none of the other roms do.

Does voice input actualyl work when you press the microphone button?

That rom is branded by a french carrier. Differently from other roms it comes with google voice services installed in the rom. Even though that keyboard belongs to an older version of LGIME yet it has a microphone.... And yes it works. Unfortunately it takes the first guess which is hardly ever the right one. Anyway I am not using the french rom. I just saved the apk, reflashed the Phone, removed the LGime and installed that one; do you want me to upload it?

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y

It is a generic rom not from where

Guest danny19901
Hello, Does the baltic roms have english language in them. LGMobile update (LGUserCSTool) has recognised the kdz file and is syaing i can update will it complete it or will it error.

Thanks

PS: GT540GO O2 UK rom

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V10A_00.kdz

Baltic rom is multilang and i have had it on my orange gt540 but i have had problems with it so i changed to quarx my problems were can't read recieved text messages just kept saying force close and i couldn't dowload anything from android market store or the internet didn't matter what browser i could search the net but when coming to download force close kept appearing

Hey all,

Have been a somewhat long-time lurker, since my Dad got a GT540 in fact. This thread has grown substantially though, and I've lost track. I was skimming through, but 36 pages is an awful lot of skimming.

Have seen that someone is in the same boat as me; has seen there are updates for the GT540, but LG updater doesn't report a need for an update, even though as we all know, 2.1 is out, thought I'd ask if there's a specific recommendation for action.

I'm fine with updating Android, my N1 runs CM 6.1 RC2, Wildmonk kernel and is overclocked, just that I'm out-of-touch with the GT, and as it's the first time updating it, I'd like to get this right first-time.

Right, details of the phone:

LG Optimus GT540, unlocked, unbranded, bought from Carphone Warehouse a few months ago.

Android 1.6; Kernel 2.6.29 (senthilvel.prabankran@si-rd10-ubld01 #1); Software version GT540-V10a-JUN-24-2010

Latest B2CAppSetup downloaded, installed, ran. USB drivers updated, but it keeps telling me there isn't an update.

So, just to clear things up, as I can usually ramble:

1. I'd love to know if I should bother to continue trying to get the LG app to update the phone

2. If not, which firmware is recommended for me to use, as I downloaded v20b CPW, but as I don't know LG's naming scheme for software versions, I obviously don't want to go into this gung-ho, and mess up my Dad's phone.

Sorry if this has been asked in the exact method. I'll continue to skim the posts and search, and if I find something, you'll see this post edited into an apology if I do find it :P

Quick edit:

Tried running KDZ Updater, closes on my Dad's PC, so I can't use it just yet, was going to try out CPW v20b, after some careful reading, seems it's the one I want (although it also seems like, from what I read, I can flash pretty much any ROM I want?), so I doubt I'll be flashing an update any time soon (and yeah, I installed the msxml package before using it).

PC is running Windows 7 Professional x64. I figured if there's a problem, might be some 64-bit incompatibility, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Still looking for that information, as I can't flash just yet, might as well make sure I have the absolute correct firmware, for when I get a chance to update it.

Edited by Ripp3r

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, haven't found out if someone has already seen the new bug-fixed 2.1 from LG (officially, that is)? LG's informed me they will release it (Open Europe, I reckon) this week but I haven't seen it in my updater just yet ;) It should fix a couple of bugs, I just hope my bug is corrected too.

Edited by Corran

Guest LucianoR

Hi,

I just bought this phone from Amazon, international version:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041RSFT6/ref=oss_product

I plan to use it in Brazil, and like to upgrade to 2.1... I checked the firmware using the BRazilian country code:

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/cli...&country=BR

This phone is available in Brazil, but have a different version (GT540F), and I don't know what is the Android version for those releases.

So, my questions are:

1) since it's an international version, shouldn't it have a universal ROM upgrade to 2.1?

2) can I use the GT540F versions that are available?

3) can I use a version from other country? If yes, what's the version that is more like the 'vanilla' version?

Thanks,

Luciano

Guest Gokuboss
there isn't an italian eclair (2.1) rom out yet, once it becomes available, you will be able to do this

Hi there, u installed v2.1 eclair in lg gt540,

Can u help me with the same but in english,

my phone's problem is that i can't connect my phone via both USB and Bluetooth,

i want to update my gt540 from v1.6 to v2.1

Can u help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ilovelg
Hi there, u installed v2.1 eclair in lg gt540,

Can u help me with the same but in english,

my phone's problem is that i can't connect my phone via both USB and Bluetooth,

i want to update my gt540 from v1.6 to v2.1

Can u help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can help you, but you can help yourself too by using Search button.

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...ference-thread/

Good luck with your flashing ;)

Guest Maolensips

Hi, I´m using LG GT540 optimus and i could need a help about software.

I have updated my Android from 1.6 to 2.1, but i saw that there's already 2.3 available.

Is it also available for Gt540? and is it available in Estonia, Europe?