Taking Screen Shots of your Streak

Guest Dogmann55

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

From what i can tell there are two ways of doing this the first is to download the Android SDK and then using that you can capture screen shots on your Computer the other way is to Root your Streak and then there are apps that will take screen shots on the device itself.

So my question is if you Root the Streak will this stop you from getting the OTA update from Dell when it arrives?

Which method you would advise as being the easiest and best?

Marc

Guest WilhelmsBrick

Usually its quite easy to get the OTA update - but it will remove root, so if you let it happen, unless someone roots after the update theres no going back.

The best thing to do is probably root, move the otacerts.zip and if you want the update just put the .zip back. This way you can use the apps and still get ota updates if and more importantly when you want.

Guest masterpfa
Anyone know the name off these apps that take screenshots?

Try Shoot Me, I think it will work on 1.6

EDIT: just noticed Only supports ***ROOTED*** devices

Edited by masterpfa

Guest Wonford
Anyone know the name off these apps that take screenshots?

Without rooting you best bet is Android Screen Cast http://code.google.com/p/androidscreencast/

You need to install the android sdk on your pc, and turn on usb debugging on the streak (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging)

Mine seems to show upside down for some reason :-/

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Just a quick update I decided i didn't want or really need to Root mine at this point in time so downloaded the Android SDK but at first couldn't get it to work until i realised i needed to install The Dell PC Suite that then added the necessary drivers since then it's been really easy. I followed these instructions from another Forum of how to do it on a SE X10 which is also a 1.6 Android device at this link.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=196304

@WonFord

Yeah mine does that to but i just use the rotate button to turn it the right way round before saving the file.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55