Help On Flashing.. Spent some 3 hours.:( no use

Guest racevthme

Guest racevthme

Hey Guys...

Need some Help On Flashing.. Spent some 3 hours.;) but of no use... searched the entire forum.

My Octans downloader is not working as expected.

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

At this point it is halting.. no progress from here.

Using Windows Vista 32 bit (no luck in Win 7 64bit also) ..

Trying to flash to 6.5.3 HTC Sense Daskalos from 6.5.1

Help pleasee

Edited by racevthme

Guest racevthme
Is your Device OFF? Try to disconnect your Phone and then reconnect, but remember to keep it Off!

Yes tried that .. i tried keeping it off .. and also ON.. no use ..

Guest cappuccina

hmmm....I have the Phone ON when I connect and then I press Detect. After that I switch it Off! Sometimes it stays like you said, then I just plug it off and on again. Works all the time. I also have Viste 32bit. Maybe you missed a step before, I'm not sure!#

Are you running Octans with administration rights?

Edited by cappuccina

Guest racevthme
hmmm....I have the Phone ON when I connect and then I press Detect. After that I switch it Off! Sometimes it stays like you said, then I just plug it off and on again. Works all the time. I also have Viste 32bit. Maybe you missed a step before, I'm not sure!#

Are you running Octans with administration rights?

[setup] Windows XP

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#c62a0200-3f71-0801-ec00-01133d2b3438#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

Now this . 1 step forward .donno right or wrong direction ..haha..but still stuck up there

Edited by racevthme

Guest ErnstJanF
[setup] Windows XP

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#c62a0200-3f71-0801-ec00-01133d2b3438#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

Now this . 1 step forward .donno right or wrong direction ..haha..but still stuck up there

Try 'start downloading' ;)

Are you sure you installed the drivers? :(

Guest cappuccina

Close Octans and run without administration mode. I read somewhere it helped.

I also have this message often, I don't know whats wrong with yours but when I plug off and on, OR close Octans and start again it works!

Guest racevthme

@cappuccina

i even tried that.. by defalut it's not running in Admin mode... but I tried force running in Admin mode.. even that didnt..

Guest cappuccina

And you have the windows XP compatibility mode, too? Just to make everything sure. Probably stupid question anyway... ;)

Edited by cappuccina

Guest racevthme
And you have the windows XP compatibility mode, too? Just to make everything sure.

yes yes ...

I shall elaborate what I did

1. Downloaded .nb0 file

donwloaded octans downloader 2.14 . 2.11 and mini .. tries on all 3 nothing worked ..

2.disbaled that network thing in General->USB connection settings

3. compatibilty mode to XP of Octans

4.pointed .nb0 file to PDA path

5.On CLick of detect ..

rest you know ;)

Tried all this procudure on Win Vista 32 bit and on Win Vista 64 bit

followed in 7 tuts and also installed wiindows drv update .. but :(

Guest xbongx

Will you havent gone to Device Manager yet you should update to xp driver on it..

Procedure: see the image? there right there change it on file below.

post-680007-1276981124_thumb.jpg

Note: also you can only see that on compmanagement only when you turn off your phone and connect to USB. do not turn on until it is update to XP driver

XP driver for WinVista/Win7 32bit

WinXP_x32.zip

You see now?

post-680007-1276981492_thumb.jpg

and of course im on Microsoftâ„¢ Windows 7

Edited by xbongx

Guest racevthme
Will you havent gone to Device Manager yet you should update to xp driver on it..

Procedure: see the image? there right there change it on file below.

post-680007-1276981124_thumb.jpg

Note: also you can only see that on compmanagement only when you turn off your phone and connect to USB. do not turn on until it is update to XP driver

XP driver for WinVista/Win7 32bit

WinXP_x32.zip

You see now?

post-680007-1276981492_thumb.jpg

the procedure you mentioned .. I could try it out only in Vista as Win 7 of mine is 64 bit ..and yes I did that at devicemanager ..but hard luck ;) ..anyways Ishall try that out once again and let oyou know

Guest racevthme
the procedure you mentioned .. I could try it out only in Vista as Win 7 of mine is 64 bit ..and yes I did that at devicemanager ..but hard luck :( ..anyways Ishall try that out once again and let oyou know

yes mate.. finally some progresss..

On my Mobile Screen I could See

Download mode

Do not turn off.

It takes about 10 minutes

with an UNIDENTIFIED logo ;)

AM I heading in the right direction?

Guest xbongx
yes mate.. finally some progresss..

On my Mobile Screen I could See

Download mode

Do not turn off.

It takes about 10 minutes

with an UNIDENTIFIED logo ;)

AM I heading in the right direction?

yes yes you are just doing great, just dont do anything watch it when it starts to caliberate screen just leave it untill it reboots so the time would synconize on your PC time..

it reboots 3 times untill you see the Windows mobile default theme...

and also wait untill you see the octans mini says its all done- if it doesnt show its ok just close it.. remember if the WM default shows then its done already

Edited by xbongx

Guest racevthme
yes yes you are just doing great, just dont do anything watch it when it starts to calibrate screen just leave it until it reboots so the time would synconize on your PC time..

it reboots 3 times untill you see the Windows mobile default theme...

i disturbed it on 2 nd reboot :( nevertheless it's working great.. thanks a lot to everyone for the help...

I shall tell u What have I done ...

deleted the driver software completely and then again asked Windows to install it ;) ..

really thanks and thanks a lottt

Guest Lenny-t

I always use a Virtual Machine (VMWare) with WinXP for all my flashing on both my Samsung and my HTC. Vista/7 always succeeds to screw things up somehow ;)

Guest vodkawin
[setup] Windows XP

Im at this for over 3 days. I even try virtualization of xp with vmware and doesnt work either. I change drivers for and from xp in the w7 compmanager, erase it and let auto update do the job, plug and unplug usb on and off, open activ sync center and with auto open disable, open and close octans several times, at least two different vesions 2.0 and 2.14.

Im not that fool, Ive been flashing htc diamond and pro for the last two years...never a problem.

Somebody in the mood to help me out?