Public Reactions?

Guest WilhelmsBrick

Guest WilhelmsBrick

Just thought id see if everyone is getting the same reaction and questions as me when out and about.

At the pub ATM and I've had several people asking about the Ipad I apparently have in my hands and a lot of people sniggering when you say its a phone. After a while and thankfully having a HSDPA connection everyone seems to be quite impressed with the speed and functionality though.

Good conversation point though, just a lot of strange expressions from people.

So anyway, anyone had any intresting reactio s from people enquiring?

Guest popetodd

Had a women with a stroller ask for directions to some street I've never heard of the other day, whipped this bad boy out and got her an answer in under a minute. She was gobsmacked, literally. Her jaw dropped, her maw opened up and stayed that way until she asked what this was.

My coworkers mobbed my desk the first day I had it, my seat in the office has lousy signal though so not much of a demo for them.

No one has mistook it for one of Jobs follies yet, I am sure that will come in time though.

Guest streak dan

Pretty much the same, About 4 people have now asked me if it's an iPad...

Most when they have a play on it are pretty impressed but it does get a lot of laughs when i tell them it's a phone...i've now moved on to telling people it's a tablet with phone capabilities...

Guest griff_dai

Took a 25 minute call yesterday in Cheshire Oaks, no one looked twice whilst I was talking on it.

I later had to get it out to take my new number of it as I was re-ordering the new XBOX in gamestation and had a very very positive response from people in the shop. The people in work laugh at the size until they see it going.

Put a youtube vid on of Jessica Jane Clement (Real Hustle) and it blew everyone away.....

I played with the ipad in Currys yesterday and was blown away at how very 'meh' it is. It is no way as fast as it appears on the advert although most strange, it's not as big as I imagined either.

However, after seeing the 3D TV in full glory I know where my next few months overtime money is going :-)

dai

Guest WilhelmsBrick

If I'm a little early for work in the morning I'll sit and watch an episode of something or other, and everyone who notices really see the benefit over a smaller phone.

Like the person earlier, I've switched from calling it a phone as it always just gets a complete WTF from most people.

Oh, also just thought I'd say - I was right pissed off this morning when I woke to find a very large crack in the side of the phone, on top of the back button. The screen may well be able to take a beating but those bits on the side seem pretty flimsy. Oh well, I've got it covered so i'm sure it'll break in a few months and I can get a flashy new one.

Guest WilhelmsBrick
How did you manage to crack it?? What do you guys do with your phones!!?

Ha, I just had it my pocket and that was it, ive narrowed it down to leaning over a pool table. There was nothing else in my pocket either. Its basically still fine, just a crack and when on high brightness the light from the back button shines through the crack a bit.

As for in a few months it'll break I just mean i'm paying cover on it so I'm just not as careful. Saying that in 14 months I had my iphone only sent back once - not trying to get a new one every month or anything!

Guest richardlai
Took a 25 minute call yesterday in Cheshire Oaks, no one looked twice whilst I was talking on it.

Same for me, although most of the time my Streak gets people's attention when I'm using it as a PDA/MID, and then it gets better when I tell them it's actually a phone. Great way to get a conversation going with girls, too. ;)