Impressed.

Guest thelankygeek

Guest thelankygeek

Hi Guys,

Finally got onto the forum after a few registration issues.

I currently have the htc desire and the dell streak, have the say i am pretty impressed with the streak. The screen size is fantastic and with rock player installed its great for watching videos.

The only thing that is a little annoying is the lack of multitouch support in some apps which i am hoping will come with a 2.1 update. The screen size is great for playing all the sega and nintendo roms, just the emu doesn't work correct atm without multitouch, anyone figured out a way to enable it without 2.1?

Working for carphonwarehouse retail is bad for my gadget addiction, to answer a few questions that people had about billing from cpw all new o2 connections at carphone are billed directly by o2. If you are an existing o2 cpw customer the streak is now available on upgrades and you would continue to be billed by cpw o2.

Also anyone else found a decent case for the streak yet? the ones we sell at are not to great and don't fit the phone correctly.

Would like to know everyone's opinion about using it as your main device as i'm debating whether to sell the desire and use the streak as my main device.

Dan

Guest pug11111
Hi Guys,

Finally got onto the forum after a few registration issues.

I currently have the htc desire and the dell streak, have the say i am pretty impressed with the streak. The screen size is fantastic and with rock player installed its great for watching videos.

The only thing that is a little annoying is the lack of multitouch support in some apps which i am hoping will come with a 2.1 update. The screen size is great for playing all the sega and nintendo roms, just the emu doesn't work correct atm without multitouch, anyone figured out a way to enable it without 2.1?

Working for carphonwarehouse retail is bad for my gadget addiction, to answer a few questions that people had about billing from cpw all new o2 connections at carphone are billed directly by o2. If you are an existing o2 cpw customer the streak is now available on upgrades and you would continue to be billed by cpw o2.

Also anyone else found a decent case for the streak yet? the ones we sell at are not to great and don't fit the phone correctly.

Would like to know everyone's opinion about using it as your main device as i'm debating whether to sell the desire and use the streak as my main device.

Dan

off subject i got a dell streak and i rooted put custom recovery image on it but then a i deleted an app called amazon mp3 now when i start my streak it stops at dellloading page ive tried loading the default rom off this site but it does not work is there anything either cpw or o2 do about like load a stock rom or something please been with out day and missing using it lol

Guest Dogmann55

@thelankygeek

It was me that was asking about the billing situation many thanks for clearing that up for me and glad to hear your enjoying the Streak i love mine also and as far as i know we are not getting 2.1 but going straight to 2.2 with an OTA update direct from Dell due in September which i hope is true and happens. As for a case no I'm still looking for one but have E-Mailed ADVERTISING SPAM my favourite case brand and got an E-Mail back before i even had my Streak which said they should have cases soon.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55

Guest hobochangba

Re multi touch support. I've been looking at decrypting apps in order to make them work in full screen on the streak. Some are built usingan older version of the sdk. Was thinking of taking a look at the streak browser app which seems to have multi touch support. Maybe there is a way to bodge it into other apps

Guest thelankygeek

yeah the only thing that annoys me is the lack of the multitouch... this device could be such a beast just really needs the update. Although i actually think i am going to be selling my htc desire and using this as my main device.. i just love the big screen.

Really hope a decent case comes along soon...

Guest courtlandre
yeah the only thing that annoys me is the lack of the multitouch... this device could be such a beast just really needs the update. Although i actually think i am going to be selling my htc desire and using this as my main device.. i just love the big screen.

Really hope a decent case comes along soon...

I hate cases! My right front pocket is dedicated to my phone and nothing else. Also, I'm not some big fat guy and the phone fits great even in 'smart' pants.

Guest WilhelmsBrick
I hate cases! My right front pocket is dedicated to my phone and nothing else. Also, I'm not some big fat guy and the phone fits great even in 'smart' pants.

I'd watch out then, same thing, my right pocket is phone only and it usually did the job with smaller phones but I woke up this morning and noticed something I didn't last night when I put it down - a bloody big crack over the back button. Don't know how it got there other than perhaps when I was leaning against a pool table to take a shot.

I wasn't applying much pressure or anything to it, I think the side bits really are just a bit too easily broken.

So, straight away I'm on the net looking for possible cases.

Guest thelankygeek

yeah i like the look of the official dell one... but will have to wait until pay day as its a little pricey hehe... just taken the jump and switched my sim over the dell from the desire :-) its now my main device.

Guest marra2

Got the case from carphone warehouse yesterday as dell were faffing with my order ! What a rubbish case it is so wife made me one from black leatherette material so its like a pouch and slides in the top and cost pence to make ha !

Guest thelankygeek

yep the case from carphone that we sell is awful... really bad quality. hopefully ADVERTISING SPAM will make one or i will pick up the dell one.

Guest WilhelmsBrick

Atm havent seen anything really so its going in the little pouch with the screen always facing my leg, at least my fatty thigh wont crack it and the back is sturdy enough.