Rumor: Desire 2.2 OTA Update in next 2 weeks - From HTC support

Guest christonge

Guest christonge

Rumor: Desire 2.2 OTA Update in next 2 weeks - From HTC support

HTC-Desire.jpg

An HTC rep revealed that the HTC Desire will be getting an over the air Anroid 2.2 Froyo update in less than two weeks. Here's the email sent to XDA user jonnobright:

Dear Jonathan, Thank you for contacting us in regards to your flash player issue. Within the next 2 weeks HTC will release the Android 2.2 OS over the air. The will enable the lastest version of Adobe Flash Player on your device and will resolve any exisiting issues. I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required. Thank you for contacting HTC. Best regards, xxxxxxxxxxxxx HTC Technical Support

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Going on previous update times (we are still waiting for 2.1 for the Hero!!) I find it hard to believe but fingers crossed ;)

Via XDA

Guest Profete162

How can you believe this?

I am totally surprised that people that can think a little bit can release some news like this...

The N1 hasn't received the officiel Froyo yet and some magicians on HTC will release Sense+Froyo???

Please....

Rumours are hurting Android community, I am really astonished to see such stupid rumors on modaco!

You do have to remember that although froyo hasn't been released for n1, HTC will have been working on various builds for a while.

I just keep my fingers crossed, no harm in that.

Guest Time Sheep

No matter if it's a little more or a little less than 2 weeks, we will soon have Froyo on our Desires ;)

I hope and pray for it to improve the performance a lot. The 1 GHz processor haven't shown it's worth on mine yet :S It's got a pretty bad response rate atm.

Guest rayman121985

I just can't wait until I can put Desire on my N1 and have all features working like bluetooth/camera ect...I guess we are just waiting on the source code?

::rayman::

Guest svyat
How can you believe this?

I am totally surprised that people that can think a little bit can release some news like this...

The N1 hasn't received the officiel Froyo yet and some magicians on HTC will release Sense+Froyo???

Please....

Rumours are hurting Android community, I am really astonished to see such stupid rumors on modaco!

So true. Isn't this the same rumor which initially said that it was going to be released on the 23rd and now it was edited to say "within two weeks"? Expect this to be changed to "within next 2 months" as the two weeks pass :lol:

Guest chnrxn
So true. Isn't this the same rumor which initially said that it was going to be released on the 23rd and now it was edited to say "within two weeks"? Expect this to be changed to "within next 2 months" as the two weeks pass :lol:

Yes. please, no more rumors or speculation. All the information and Google hits about the release of Froyo/2.2 for Desire seems to stem from only 2 sources of people hearing (or not supposed to) unofficial things from HTC support. The suspense is killing everyone.

Sigh ... :D

Guest theboxman

I'm assuming that this was the update I rejected this-morning for fear I'd lose my rooting - practical certainty as it'd be a non-rooted rom no? and incase apps2sd might conflict with it....?

Guest squirreleater

Well It would appear we are looking at another 'heroish' series of vague dates until finally getting a release.

Not very good, but to be honest what I would expect, it would seem the sense UI slows things down somewhat when it comes to updates.

This is pasted from Techradar

The HTC Desire will be getting Android 2.2 in Q3 this year, along with the HTC Wildfire and HTC legend.

Hot on the heels of the news that the Nexus One will be getting an over-the-air firmware upgrade this week, mobiles blog Recombu spoke to HTC about the next generation of the mobile OS coming to its handsets.

"We are working hard with our partners to update the HTC Sense experience on Froyo and distribute it to our customers as fast as possible," said the spokesman.

"We expect to release updates for several of our 2010 models including Desire, Legend and Wildfire beginning in Q3."

Competitive Android

HTC's Android phones have become major players, with the Desire in particular proving to be a key competitor to the Apple iPhone.

With the iPhone 4 now arriving and Apple's iOS4 bringing new functionality to many of its phones, Android 2.2 and its extended functionality are increasingly necessary.

"[Android 2.2] provides some great new features including support for making your handset a portable hotspot and support for Adobe Flash within the browser," explains Google.

Guest Buckie

Any of you know that if i have MoDaCo's custom rom on my desire, do i stil get the 2.2 over FOTA from HTC?

Dont know if this question was asked allready, just subscribed!

Thnx

Dennis

Guest christonge

Rumor update from Modaco user thelankygeek:

The froyo deployment will begin in about 4 - 5 weeks time, not only will it have the froyo features but some extra little things that HTC are adding to the distro.. this is the reason for the upgrade delay as they are working on the new features.

Link to this thread here http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...e-froyo-update/

Guest squirreleater
Any of you know that if i have MoDaCo's custom rom on my desire, do i stil get the 2.2 over FOTA from HTC?

Dont know if this question was asked allready, just subscribed!

Thnx

Dennis

You may do, I'm running a MCR 2.2 rom on my Nexus and was offered the OTA update on sunday, despite already having it on the phone.

If you are offered it I would suggest turning it down, there is a chance it can reset your phone back to a locked state- not worth risking it. Paul will repackage the Rom ASAP when it finally does leak out- probably weeks before the official OTA update.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.