Easy Set S3Clock

Guest daskalos

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wakakakaka
works great and is very stable on my Omnia i920

just pushed it to 952 mhz and here is a mini benchmark from sktools

Screen01-2.jpg

thanks for the great how to

may i ask which version of rom you are using?

juz curious which 6.5.3 rom can still run s3clock...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest daskalos
I'd like to know the answer to this as well....

To hide show/quit... Go to your Home screen (with the show/quit message on the bottom), launch the camera and close the camera again, it works :P

Guest honming

hi daskalos,

just want to confirm that do i need to keep the FPU enabler running?

Quote :

How to use:

1. Install in Device. In Samsung Settings, Set Performance at Auto or High.

2. Open Easy Set S3Clock.

3. If this is the first time you will overclock (or your device came from fresh soft reset), tap FPUEnabler and tap patch then tap OK

Edited by honming

• 2 weeks later...
Guest daskalos
hi daskalos,

just want to confirm that do i need to keep the FPU enabler running?

Quote :

How to use:

1. Install in Device. In Samsung Settings, Set Performance at Auto or High.

2. Open Easy Set S3Clock.

3. If this is the first time you will overclock (or your device came from fresh soft reset), tap FPUEnabler and tap patch then tap OK

No, you just need to patch one time

Hey daskalos, can you post which registry keys are changed with Easy Set S3Clock so we can set values to S3Clock manually?

HKCU\Software\S3clock

Guest sakisds
No, you just need to patch one time

HKCU\Software\S3clock

Thanks a lot, I tried messing with the values and i have a question. What does MPLL change? Usually when I set it over 280 I get strange artifacts on the screen. Just wondering what it does.

Guest youngdosha31

Awesome app. just tried it out and when I set it to 954mhz and the checker board pattern you see in opera 9 when you scroll up and down the web page only flashes now instead of hanging and waiting for the screen to catch up. Great app.

Guest daskalos
Thanks a lot, I tried messing with the values and i have a question. What does MPLL change? Usually when I set it over 280 I get strange artifacts on the screen. Just wondering what it does.

Hmmm

From what I understand our processor have 3 PLL (phase lock loop) or generated clocks that control the whole hardware system in groups

APLL which generates the ARM operating clock (S3C6410 processor)

MPLL which generates the main system clocks

EPLL which generate the clocks used for peripheral IPs (whatever that means B) )

When we adjust APLL it raises/lowers our processor's clock (which is by advertised, 800Mhz)

When we adjust MPLL it raises/lowers bus speed or the data connection speed of the processor to it's hardware components (like the AMOLED screen) so raising it might make some hardware became glitchy. Other hardware might benefit from it and others may not (like the AMOLED screen).

Guest sakisds
Hmmm

From what I understand our processor have 3 PLL (phase lock loop) or generated clocks that control the whole hardware system in groups

APLL which generates the ARM operating clock (S3C6410 processor)

MPLL which generates the main system clocks

EPLL which generate the clocks used for peripheral IPs (whatever that means :) )

When we adjust APLL it raises/lowers our processor's clock (which is by advertised, 800Mhz)

When we adjust MPLL it raises/lowers bus speed or the data connection speed of the processor to it's hardware components (like the AMOLED screen) so raising it might make some hardware became glitchy. Other hardware might benefit from it and others may not (like the AMOLED screen).

Ok, thanks a lot for the information. B)

Ok, thanks a lot for the information. B)

Here it seems it does not work (WM 6.5.3.23148). I tried different APLL settings (modifying register entries) but SKTools gives me always same result.

Executing S3Clock does not give me any windows, so I suppose it's not opening, right?

Edited by fubo

Guest sakisds
Here it seems it does not work (WM 6.5.3.23148). I tried different APLL settings (modifying register entries) but SKTools gives me always same result.

Executing S3Clock does not give me any windows, so I suppose it's not opening, right?

1) Run Easy Set S3Clock

2) Run FPU Enabler.

3) Press Patch and wait for it to finish.

4) Close FPU Enabler.

5) If you want the FPU chip to be enabled, do 3 and 4 again.

6) Select your clock speed.

7) Run S3Clock.

8) Press Set CPU speed. (And I suggest you check the checkbox)

9) Press hide.

If you want to set the speed again, run S3Clock, press quit, set new speed and run again.

First posts says it cleary I think.

1) Run Easy Set S3Clock

2) Run FPU Enabler.

3) Press Patch and wait for it to finish.

4) Close FPU Enabler.

5) If you want the FPU chip to be enabled, do 3 and 4 again.

6) Select your clock speed.

7) Run S3Clock.

8) Press Set CPU speed. (And I suggest you check the checkbox)

9) Press hide.

If you want to set the speed again, run S3Clock, press quit, set new speed and run again.

First posts says it cleary I think.

FPU Enabler does nothing.

Guest sakisds
FPU Enabler does nothing.

Are you running a ROM based on JH2? I think thats the problem with a lot Omnia II users, because I worked for any 6.5.3 rom based on JC2/JE2 I tried.

Are you running a ROM based on JH2? I think thats the problem with a lot Omnia II users, because I worked for any 6.5.3 rom based on JC2/JE2 I tried.

Yes JH2 based as per my signature. So up to JE2 it worked. I should check for coredll.dll of that build.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest reaper83

Runs great on I8000; 900 mhz perfect stability, 945 mhz with ocasional incidents (I`m keeping it at 945 :) )

It allso speeds up sense animations.

Thank you.

Edited by reaper83

Guest BLEK0TA

daskalos u r numero uno mastero :)

thanks for gr8 job u do..

many many thanks..

i running on 1ghz and i woul like ock to higher speed cuz 1ghz is stable for me and only one problem i have on thees speed is sometimes i cant hide your soft and in main menu i have on right side SHOW button.. but for that high speed is this little bug, and it worth for that speed..

i woul like to ock on higer speed mayby 1,1ghz.. is there any possibility to the higher speed? I think the registry editing.. or something...

• 6 months later...
Guest Eer210

Hello Daskalos, Thanks for the overclocking tool.

I tried it on my DX900 with s3c 6400 processor but it looks like the processor speed is decreased by 20 times. I can push the buttons but have to wait a long time. In the task manager I can see the task using all the processor resources. The phone is very unresponsive on all actions when the program program is running.

I did do the patch. The result was that 13 tweaks where not positive so where rest to the old value. Then I tried to set the default processor speed but this was not working. Also pushing on of the buttons e.g. 650MHz was no effect visible.

Do you have any idea's?