Bluetooth Pairing - Not Connecting Issue

Guest conord

Guest conord

Hi All,

I am using Paul's WIP4 ROM based on the 2.1 release, and I have tinkered with several other 2.1 ROMs over the last couple of weeks.

I have an issue whereby I can pair with my bluetooth car kit, a Nokia 616, however when the phone attempts to connect, I get a connection timeout error after about 90 seconds. I have seen this issue descirbed in other forums, and HTC seems to have acknowledged that there is an issue, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and if so, have the any suggestion as to how they went about fixing it? Is the bluetooth stack contained within the radio, or is it integral to the kernel,

Thanks for any suggestions

DoNcAs

Edited by conord

Guest merton_10

Hey!

I too am having exactly the same problem connecting to the Nokia 616. It worked fine with MCR3.2. This issue is there in all the 2.1 roms I have tried.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Cheers

Guest Johnny G

I've had a similar issue with my BMW kit.

My solution was:

1. Delete pairing on the phone

2. Delete pairing on the car kit

3. Reboot phone

4. Re-pair phone to car and authorise with a different pass-key.

Works for me now.

Guest conord
I've had a similar issue with my BMW kit.

My solution was:

1. Delete pairing on the phone

2. Delete pairing on the car kit

3. Reboot phone

4. Re-pair phone to car and authorise with a different pass-key.

Works for me now.

Johnny G,

Thanks for the info, will try that out and report back, thanks for the tip

D

Guest conord
Johnny G,

Thanks for the info, will try that out and report back, thanks for the tip

D

Hi Johnny G,

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. I started with a factory reset of the car kit, then restarted my phone, created a successful pairing with the car kit and hero, but when it comes to connecting, they still don't talk to each other.

I'm guessing its whatever bluetooth stack change HTC made that's causing the problem...

Back to the drawing board!

D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest conord

I have carried out some more testing in relation to the bluetooth settings, configuration and bluez config.

I have edited the audio.conf with several permutations, with no luck,

I attempted to use the Bluetooth File Transfer apk method with limited success. My car kit would ask if I wanted to connect to my device [this was new compared to previous attempts]. When I answered 'Yes' the phone disconnected.

And finally, for fits and giggles I tried cyanogen's custom rom 6.0.0 alpha release, and hey presto, it works just like it did with 1.5...

Answer: Google fecked up with 2.1 Bluetooth and fixed it on 2.2 - we need to have 2.2 BT ported to our 2.1 rom, or wait for a 2.2 custom rom, as I believe HTC / Google are not too keen on pushing 2.2 out to Hero / G2

Guest Johnny G
I have carried out some more testing in relation to the bluetooth settings, configuration and bluez config.

I have edited the audio.conf with several permutations, with no luck,

I attempted to use the Bluetooth File Transfer apk method with limited success. My car kit would ask if I wanted to connect to my device [this was new compared to previous attempts]. When I answered 'Yes' the phone disconnected.

And finally, for fits and giggles I tried cyanogen's custom rom 6.0.0 alpha release, and hey presto, it works just like it did with 1.5...

Answer: Google fecked up with 2.1 Bluetooth and fixed it on 2.2 - we need to have 2.2 BT ported to our 2.1 rom, or wait for a 2.2 custom rom, as I believe HTC / Google are not too keen on pushing 2.2 out to Hero / G2

That's good to know - wonder if anyone can help us with that?