CDMA/GSM Bands evolution

Guest Beverly Howard

Guest Beverly Howard

I'm trying to educate myself on the current state of Verizon phones and any possible flexibility in their band structure.

My brother is headed back to europe with a Verizon Omnia II after returning home from his last trip to a $500 phone bill for minimal calling there.

The thing that makes the omnia II interesting is that the specs show it as both cdma and quadband gsm.. WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900

Could be that the bands vary with vendor, but this review is off of a Verizon link plus all of the reviews show it as having quad band.

Anyone know if there are options so a Verizon Omni II so it can be used in Europe? My brother is headed back there after returning home from his last trip to a $500 phone bill for minimal calling there so this is my trigger to try to both learn as well as help him.

Does anyone know if the omnia II even has a sim slot?

Thanks in advance,

Beverly Howard

Edited by Beverly Howard

Guest Steel Reign
I'm trying to educate myself on the current state of Verizon phones and any possible flexibility in their band structure.

My brother is headed back to europe with a Verizon Omnia II after returning home from his last trip to a $500 phone bill for minimal calling there.

The thing that makes the omnia II interesting is that the specs show it as both cdma and quadband gsm.. WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900

Could be that the bands vary with vendor, but this review is off of a Verizon link plus all of the reviews show it as having quad band.

Anyone know if there are options so a Verizon Omni II so it can be used in Europe? My brother is headed back there after returning home from his last trip to a $500 phone bill for minimal calling there so this is my trigger to try to both learn as well as help him.

Does anyone know if the omnia II even has a sim slot?

Thanks in advance,

Beverly Howard

the i920(verizon omnia II) does not have a sim card slot.