Pulse Mini Kernel Source

Guest rjm2k

make menuconfig

load alternative config -> you load config from pulse /proc/config.gz gunzipped

save alternative config

then you make kernel with buildall shell script

Thanks for your responds, i've tried that before and got the same error as above. Hasn't anyone seen this before i downloaded the source and without changing anything i've got this error ;/

Guest Simon O

Any of our Swedish chums fancy contacting Tre and demanding they release the 2.1 kernel source and vendor files for the U8220 please?

Guest Simon O

Kernel config from the 2.1 Tre rom. Has a lot more stuff enabled :angry:

tre_config.gz

Differences between t-mobile kernel and tre kernel configs:

Found in tre, not t-mobile:

CONFIG_HUAWEI_KEY_TEST=y

# Networking options
CONFIG_XFRM=y
CONFIG_XFRM_MIGRATE=y
CONFIG_XFRM_IPCOMP=y
CONFIG_NET_KEY=y
CONFIG_NET_KEY_MIGRATE=y
CONFIG_NET_IPIP=y
CONFIG_INET_AH=y
CONFIG_INET_ESP=y
CONFIG_INET_IPCOMP=y
CONFIG_INET_XFRM_TUNNEL=y
CONFIG_INET_TUNNEL=y
CONFIG_INET_XFRM_MODE_TRANSPORT=y
CONFIG_INET_XFRM_MODE_TUNNEL=y
CONFIG_INET_XFRM_MODE_BEET=y
CONFIG_IPV6=y
CONFIG_INET6_XFRM_MODE_TRANSPORT=y
CONFIG_INET6_XFRM_MODE_TUNNEL=y
CONFIG_INET6_XFRM_MODE_BEET=y
CONFIG_IPV6_SIT=y
CONFIG_IPV6_NDISC_NODETYPE=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_ADVANCED=y

CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XTABLES=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_MAC=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_MULTIPORT=y

CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_STATE=y

#
# IP: Netfilter Configuration
#
CONFIG_NF_DEFRAG_IPV4=y
CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_IPV4=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_FILTER=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_REJECT=y
CONFIG_NF_NAT=y
CONFIG_NF_NAT_NEEDED=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_MASQUERADE=y

# Enable WiMAX (Networking options) to see the WiMAX drivers
#
# CONFIG_WAN is not set
CONFIG_PPPOLAC=y
CONFIG_PPPOPNS=y

# Input Device Drivers
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_INNOLUX=y

# Compression
#
CONFIG_CRYPTO_DEFLATE=y[/code]

Yeah the Tre kernel supports IPv6 and Netfilter :D

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Tom G
Kernel config from the 2.1 Tre rom. Has a lot more stuff enabled :angry:

Yeah the Tre kernel supports IPv6 and Netfilter :D

Netfilter was enabled in the Swiss rom and I assume T-Mob Hungary as well, I mentioned it back when we first started looking at the Mini source. I was planning on compiling the NAT module to test, but it looks like it might all be in the kernel already. If any modules are needed I think we should be able to compile them from generic kernel source.

Guest veggie_d
Does anyone know if android compiles on 64 bit systems now? Last time I tried there were issues. I compiled it yesterday on an old athlon dual core and it took half the day, it would save a lot of time if I could start doing compiles on my quad core core2.

Don't know if you've gotten the answer to this yet, I just saw it now. At work, we're building on two 6-core, 8Gb RAM systems. Had a lot of trouble with building 2.1 out of the box, mostly during linking, but 2.2 builds without any modifications. Do try to get it to work on your quad core if you haven't already. Building Froyo on one of our machines is quick enough, barely leaves enough time to go make coffee.

Guest veggie_d
Any of our Swedish chums fancy contacting Tre and demanding they release the 2.1 kernel source and vendor files for the U8220 please?

I'll give it a try, although don't hold your breath just yet.. getting their customer support to realise what I want will likely be a pain in the behind. If I were a betting man, I'd wager their initial reply to my request for the sources will be "have you tried rebooting?".

Guest Tom G
Don't know if you've gotten the answer to this yet, I just saw it now. At work, we're building on two 6-core, 8Gb RAM systems. Had a lot of trouble with building 2.1 out of the box, mostly during linking, but 2.2 builds without any modifications. Do try to get it to work on your quad core if you haven't already. Building Froyo on one of our machines is quick enough, barely leaves enough time to go make coffee.

I had the same linking problem with 2.2 that I've with every previous version. I've got it working now using a chroot 32bit environment which works fairly well. I know it works in ubuntu using multilib but multilib suuport in Arch isn't very good and this chroot setup is working fairly well.

Guest veggie_d
I had the same linking problem with 2.2 that I've with every previous version. I've got it working now using a chroot 32bit environment which works fairly well. I know it works in ubuntu using multilib but multilib suuport in Arch isn't very good and this chroot setup is working fairly well.

Ok, I don't know about Ubuntu since that's not what we're using (we're on Fedora 13). All I know is there were a heap of things going on when building 2.1, but building 2.2 was utterly painless. Just as a reply to your original question, I mean.. yes, it's possible to build on 64-bit systems now :angry: