The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide

Guest Azurren

Guest Rumcájsz

first: I'm sorry, but I haven't seen, your copyright message. I made a hungarian translate from your guide. Do you agree to publication?

Thanks for your work. This is great job! But I found some little mistake.

1 in Installing A 2.1 / 2.2 Custom Rom page

- Flibblesan's FLB MOD 1 download link is old (flb 1.6a),

- Flibblesan's FLB MOD 2 download link is wrong (flb 1.6b),

- Step 10 in the wrong place. If I flash the rom before partitioning, my data will be lost.

2. in FAQ page

- Question: When using SWAP I can't Toggle USB!?

I think this issue has affected only the swapper2, when I use swap partition, I will be use USB connection too.

(in swapper2 has a "Safe Unmount/Remount" option, to avoid this problem)

first: I'm sorry, but I haven't seen, your copyright message. I made a hungarian translate from your guide. Do you agree to publication?

Thanks for your work. This is great job! But I found some little mistake.

1 in Installing A 2.1 / 2.2 Custom Rom page

- Flibblesan's FLB MOD 1 download link is old (flb 1.6a),

- Flibblesan's FLB MOD 2 download link is wrong (flb 1.6b),

- Step 10 in the wrong place. If I flash the rom before partitioning, my data will be lost.

2. in FAQ page

- Question: When using SWAP I can't Toggle USB!?

I think this issue has affected only the swapper2, when I use swap partition, I will be use USB connection too.

(in swapper2 has a "Safe Unmount/Remount" option, to avoid this problem)

That's no problem. All I ask is that you give credits (Name and Link-back) :(

Sorry about the links, they are corrected :lol:

What do you mean about Step 10: ?

The only thing that will be lost is everything on your Micro SD card.. The rom (On the device itself) will remain intact (It isn't run off the SD card :))

Guest Rumcájsz
That's no problem. All I ask is that you give credits (Name and Link-back) :)

Sorry about the links, they are corrected :lol:

What do you mean about Step 10: ?

The only thing that will be lost is everything on your Micro SD card.. The rom (On the device itself) will remain intact (It isn't run off the SD card :()

Thanks!

Step 10: You'r right! I forgot! :)

And what's about FAQ question?

Thanks!

Step 10: You'r right! I forgot! :lol:

And what's about FAQ question?

The FAQ question is just there for people who can't toggle USB :(

I like to keep it simple, true if you are using swapper 2 it is easier to unmount but just a simple answer that will work for anyone is best :)

Guest protocold

Hi Azurren,

Thx for the great work. I was trying to follow the section "Installing A2SD / SWAP", did you mean to have more explanation regarding "Optional, Step 6"? Right now it only has "If you wish to disable A2SD" ?!?!?

I also have another question since I am a newbie and hope you dont mind:

- Do I have to explicitly turn on A2SD and SWAP after FLB (supposedly I have already created the swap partition on the SD) or this is turned on by default?

Edited by protocold

Hi Azurren,

Thx for the great work. I was trying to follow the section "Installing A2SD / SWAP", did you mean to have more explanation regarding "Optional, Step 6"? Right now it only has "If you wish to disable A2SD" ?!?!?

I also have another question since I am a newbie and hope you dont mind:

- Do I have to explicitly turn on A2SD and SWAP after FLB (supposedly I have already created the swap partition on the SD) or this is turned on by default?

If you have created both partitions then they are both turned on automatically :lol:

The "Turning A2SD off" part is if you don't want to use it and have given yourself a huge SWAP partition. But it could probably use a better explanation

Guest sfuportuguese

what is procedure for stock huawei u8230 (alredy 2.1) to install custom ROM (flb1)?

do I have to install uk2.1 pulse official rom first?

or directly install "Custom Recover Image" and continue same as on pulse!?

what is procedure for stock huawei u8230 (alredy 2.1) to install custom ROM (flb1)?

do I have to install uk2.1 pulse official rom first?

or directly install "Custom Recover Image" and continue same as on pulse!?

You -should- be able to just install the Custom Recover Image then FLB mod :lol:

But I don't have any experience with U8230's

i need a halp, why whwn go on flash zip from your sd card i cant flashed, every time show me abored your instalationm

Make sure that you have the correct android version for your custom rom (2.1 / 1.5).

If it matches then try re-copying the custom rom (.zip) onto your micro SD card

If this doesn't help then I really need more information :lol:

Sorry to post again, when i first booted my phone there wasn't a terminal client like it said. Also, how do i installs Apps to SD? I've installed APPS2SD i just don't know how to use / access it. Thank you.

Sorry to post again, when i first booted my phone there wasn't a terminal client like it said. Also, how do i installs Apps to SD? I've installed APPS2SD i just don't know how to use / access it. Thank you.

If you have successfully installed the latest version of FLB mod it should be there.. :lol:

But so long as you have made the correct partitions both A2SD and SWAP are enabled by deafult B)

I followed the instructions, also it clear then re-installed so i assume it installed the FLB moded ROM. How may i check?

Also all of the Apps are installing to the internal memory although my card is partitioned.

Guest Azurren
I followed the instructions, also it clear then re-installed so i assume it installed the FLB moded ROM. How may i check?

Also all of the Apps are installing to the internal memory although my card is partitioned.

Are you sure that they are being stored on the internal memory? :lol:

The internal memory will continue to decrease extreemly slowly as the apps store their Cache, if you have a fast SD card you could move the entire Davlik Cache to the SD card (But you only really need to do this if you run out of memory)

Lets see.. How to check for FLB mod. Well apps live "Rom manager and Terminal emulator" are a dead giveaway. The "Espresso theme" is also a good sign. Check that you have root using Barnacle wifi tether (That should also be pre-installed)

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IBeastI

i dont suppose there is another way to install custom recovery image other than trough USB?

i have broken usb port and i can only charge my pulse, no data transfer, so any other method would be neat :)

Guest Azurren
i dont suppose there is another way to install custom recovery image other than trough USB?

i have broken usb port and i can only charge my pulse, no data transfer, so any other method would be neat :)

Sadly not :)

But like with the Blade. If you pop an e-mail to the dev of universal android root perhaps they will consider supporting the pulse? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spanner44

Excellent Guide, I have just installed it to my Huawei U8230 which I think is the same as the pulse and everything went very easy, although I must admit a bit nervous as I didn't want to brick my phone as I have just got it.

well Done and Thanks once again.

Guest ViPaSoft

Hi all.

I just installed FLB Mod 1 on my Pulse and have gone through everything and am upto the SWAP / APPS2SD. As I am using a class2 SD card I need to remove apps2sd and have tried running the 'terminal emulator', but all I get is

SORRY!

The application Terminal

Emulator (process jackpal.

androidterm) has stopped

unexpectedly. Please try again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not a novice on Android, but certainly no expert. I have also installed Custom Roms on Windoes Mobile phones and an Archos Android 7HT tablet before and believe I've done everyhing properly. But maybe not.

Thanks in advance.

Vince

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AntonioPT
Hi all.

I just installed FLB Mod 1 on my Pulse and have gone through everything and am upto the SWAP / APPS2SD. As I am using a class2 SD card I need to remove apps2sd and have tried running the 'terminal emulator', but all I get is

SORRY!

The application Terminal

Emulator (process jackpal.

androidterm) has stopped

unexpectedly. Please try again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not a novice on Android, but certainly no expert. I have also installed Custom Roms on Windoes Mobile phones and an Archos Android 7HT tablet before and believe I've done everyhing properly. But maybe not.

Thanks in advance.

Vince

You need to flash the Terminal fix that Fibblesan provided here.

Hey first of all thanks a lot for this guide. Honestly it was the only decent one I was able to find on the net.

Now prior to registering and asking for help in the first post right away, I actually did read a lot of info and did not find a direct answer to my question.

So to make a long story short; I was following the 'Installing A 2.1 / 2.2 Custom Rom' Guide and I'm stuck at Step 8.

I've got the u8230 with the stock 2.1 already pre-installed.

I took a shot of the error message it shows me.

errorkb5i.jpg

Maybe one of you pro guys got an idea how to solve this? I'm really not eager to flash anything without a backup.

EDIT: Ok bed time soon, but I guess in this case finding a solution leaves room for even more questions. At least for me.

I ran across this thread:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...m-without-root/

This guy having exactly the same phone, operator and soft version as I do. Now since I haven't messed with droids too much yet, I honestly got no idea what to do with his .img.

All I want to do is:

- do a backup

- delete my stock rom

- install flb mod 1

Not asking for a step by step explanation, but pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated o//

Edited by kohos