Mobile Signal Widget?

Guest T_r_i_s

Guest Loconinja
Whatabout a speedometer style graphic?

I have considered something like this:

8711meter.jpg

The benefit is that coding the needle movement would be fairly straightforward.

Edited by Loconinja

Guest the_didge
nice one didge, where can i download the one here:

Currently just working on designs, then once a few have been selected ill be passing all relevant graphics onto Loconinja who is making the actual widget.

Guest T_r_i_s
nice one didge, where can i download the one here:

I agree totally - outstanding effort the_didge, I like that design the best too - the one with the colour indicator bar, perfect!!!

Good work guys...

Guest Loconinja

This screen-shot shows my test widget (no graphics).

The API returns the signal strength as ASU, which ranges from -1 (no signal) to 31. However, 16 or 17 seems to be enough for maximum bars on the standard signal strength icon.

post-160578-1278965875_thumb.png

Guest mobiholic

Looking great!

With your findings about signal strength and the number of bars shown by the stock indicator this widget could become invaluable when testing a new device since the number of bars displayed isn't that accurate as a signal strength indicator...

is it Apple :angry:

Edited by mobiholic

Guest Loconinja
Looking great!

With your findings about signal strength and the number of bars shown by the stock indicator this widget could become invaluable when testing a new device since the number of bars displayed isn't that accurate as a signal strength indicator...

is it Apple :angry:

I have discovered that an ASU of 10 is enough for full bars on the standard notification icon when in 3G, but 18 or more is required when in GPRS. I need to decide how my widget will report the signal strength.

Guest yosemite-sam

@Loconinja, is it possible to get a copy of your golden gate bridge wall paper? does it span afew screens like the uk o2 one?

Edited by yosemite-sam

Guest thewayofwright
I have discovered that an ASU of 10 is enough for full bars on the standard notification icon when in 3G, but 18 or more is required when in GPRS. I need to decide how my widget will report the signal strength.

Can we get an extreme beta version? I too use ADW without the status bar.

If not, looking good man... Looking good

Guest Loconinja
@Loconinja, is it possible to get a copy of your golden gate bridge wall paper? does it span afew screens like the uk o2 one?

It's the default wallpaper on the from-Dell Streak, and it spans 4 screens! I'll post them up later.

Guest yosemite-sam
It's the default wallpaper on the from-Dell Streak, and it spans 4 screens! I'll post them up later.

Thank you mate, that will be great! mines came with the O2 arena on it bit boring lol

Edited by yosemite-sam

Guest Loconinja

Now this is embarrassing, but I cannot find the image files on my device. /system/Wallpapers only has one file in it. I have searched the whole device using Astro, and browsed everywhere using Root Explorer, but I cannot find them! Any ideas?

What I did find were the files for the Dell start-up animation.

Edited to add: OK, a bit of Googling tells me they are in Launcher.apk. Finding a way to extract them now.

Interesting. Launcher.apk only contains the thumbnail versions. I still cannot find the full-screen versions. :angry:

Edited by Loconinja

Guest yosemite-sam

Thank you mate, they look lovely! I hope you dont mind me sharing, someone over at streaksmart forums wanted these too.

here's my attempt at single screen paps.

goldengatebridge.jpg

thegoldengatebridgesanf.jpg

Guest fards

looking good so far..

I was really excited when it said H on mine, but then I noticed data wasn't even connected...

switched back to G as soon as I turned it on..

like the airplane mode smiley, nice touch :angry:

Guest Loconinja

Android 1.6 doesn't seem to be able to distinguish between 3G and HSDPA, so you will never see a true H unfortunately. It showed briefly as it is the default image. I'll change that in the next version.

Guest IceXcube84

Nice widget. That have been nice to have on a Huawei U8220. I have try it on my phone with 2.1 and it only showed a H and no data connected :angry:

Nice if it have been working with UMTS/3G and HSPDA that we are using in Europe.

Very nice widget anyway =)

Guest Loconinja
Nice widget. That have been nice to have on a Huawei U8220. I have try it on my phone with 2.1 and it only showed a H and no data connected :angry:

Nice if it have been working with UMTS/3G and HSPDA that we are using in Europe.

Very nice widget anyway =)

I only have a Streak (1.6) to test it on. I can make a 2.1 compatible version.

Guest IceXcube84
I only have a Streak (1.6) to test it on. I can make a 2.1 compatible version.

I can install and place out the widget but it dont show any thing of the network connection or so.

But i can test it for you and report if it work or not.

It seems it dont support the phone networks we have in europe.

Nice work you have put down on to make this very nice widget :angry:

Edited by IceXcube84