NO Data Signal with 27/May Alpha r22.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port with Online Kitchen (final Alpha)

Guest ChrisSpera

Guest ChrisSpera

Paul (and all)

I was having a lot of trouble with getting Paul's Desire port to run on my N1 (boot loops) and noticed that the JIT compiler in the ROM may be the culprit. I pulled it from the custom bake and was able to get the ROM to flash (and afterwards boot) on my N1. However, I am noticing another big problem with it, and was hoping that someone can help.

Before each ROM install, I go into Recovery (Aman-Ra's latest version, BTW) and wipe the device, wipe the cache and the Dalvik cache. then I flash a ROM (either Paul's R18 or the Desire ROM). Everything seems to install correctly. I can configure everything with the MoDaCo R18 ROM; but can't in the Desire ROM.

I cannot get the Desire ROM to pull in a data signal no matter what I do. When the ROM goes through any and all setup/sync, it will NOT sync or connect to the Internet with out a WiFi signal. (yes... I have it configured to use both WiFi as well as mobile data and not just WiFi only... I don't like using WiFi, really. I prefer to use the unlimited data plan I have on T-Mo. Cellular EDGE/2G is everywhere...WiFi is spotty)

Anway, I have 3-4 bars worth of voice signal, but I'm not receiving any data signal. (There's no "G," "E," or "3G" icon next to the signal indicator.)

I have flashed with the radio included in the Desire port kitchen and don't get a data signal. I've used the radio from Paul's FroYo kitchen (which gets a data signal in the FroYo ROM without any difficulty), and don't get a data signal with the Desire ROM. I'm not sure what's happening here. Initially I thought that the Desire ROM just didn't display the type of signal it was receiving, because if you look at the system seetings for Wireless Networks, it says I'm pulling a UTMS signal. I'm just not getting a data signal...

Any insight/suggestions/prayers/beer/Ho-Ho's will be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to give this ROM a shot, but don't understand why I'm bumping into this problem.

Guest Formel-LMS

I think you don't have your right APN settings.

Without these settings, you can't get mobile network.

Menu - Settings - Wireless - Mobile Networks - (Zugangspunkte - it is in Germany)

Edited by Formel-LMS

Guest ChrisSpera

Menu - Settings - Wireless - Mobile Networks - (Zugangspunkte - it is in Germany)

thanks, I'll flash it back give this a shot and then reply back...

Guest ChrisSpera

that was it!! I'm on and synching now.

thanks for your help! I never would have thought about APN Settings... ;)