Froyo OTA finally!

Guest Mo_Nexus

Guest Mo_Nexus

Hello, just reporting that i received an OTA for Android 2.2. It asked me to restart, and i did...but the installer failed. I have frf72 from tesla as my rom, that's prob why ;)

fyi..i'm on T-mo in dallas tx

**my nexus one is rooted and unlocked

Edited by Mo_Nexus

Sweet, will stay on MCR r18 then since that's based on the same build number ;)

thanks!

EDIT: misread everything, anyways seems the update is FRF83, and has to be installed over FRF50, and is probably not the actual update, so I'll keep waiting regardless.

Edited by Guest

Guest Batkoto
Hello, just reporting that i received an OTA for Android 2.2. It asked me to restart, and i did...but the installer failed. I have frf72 from tesla as my rom, that's prob why ;)

fyi..i'm on T-mo in dallas tx

**my nexus one is rooted and unlocked

One more thing, did you use custom recovery?

Guest Mo_Nexus
How exactly are you getting an FRF50 to FRF83 if you're using FRF72?

i got the file from xda. the ota only works if you're coming from frf50

Guest boesky37
this is the final ? cuz i have ERE27

If you haven't unlocked your bootloader, then it's best you go from ERE27 to FRF50, and from FRF50 to this. Cause this is just an incremental build, less than 2 MB in size.

Guest Nicegypt
If you haven't unlocked your bootloader, then it's best you go from ERE27 to FRF50, and from FRF50 to this. Cause this is just an incremental build, less than 2 MB in size.

My bootloader unlocked already ... is there any way to go from ERE27 .. Cuz this was the last update i got from google, this mean they have to send the update work with ERE27

Guest Batkoto
My bootloader unlocked already ... is there any way to go from ERE27 .. Cuz this was the last update i got from google, this mean they have to send the update work with ERE27

having unlocked bootloader is OK, just install stock recovery, search for official FRF50 update (45MB) and install it

Guest Nicegypt

i think the last update will have arabic support . so please if anyone received the OTA try arabic site and see if the words is complete or just alpha

Guest Batkoto
i think the last update will have arabic support . so please if anyone received the OTA try arabic site and see if the words is complete or just alpha

give me link and I will check

Guest Mo_Nexus
having unlocked bootloader is OK, just install stock recovery, search for official FRF50 update (45MB) and install it

how do i install stock recovery? i've been searching all night!

Guest Batkoto
how do i install stock recovery? i've been searching all night!

You go here and download "ERD79 image format", then extract "recovery.img" place it in \android-sdk-windows\tools folder.

Reboot in fastboot mode "power + trackball", start CMD and execute these commands:

fastboot devices --> to check if your device is connected

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

this will install the stock recovery, then if you like you can switch back to custom one

Good luck

Edited by Batkoto

Guest Wardski
You go here and download "ERD79 image format", then extract "recovery.img" place it in \android-sdk-windows\tools folder.

Reboot in fastboot mode "power + trackball", start CMD and execute these commands:

fastboot devices --> to check if your device is connected

fastboot recovery recovery.img

this will install the stock recovery, then if you like you can switch back to custom one

Good luck

Dont you mean Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img??

FFS!