[ROM]AMDZero ZeroSense (DC23) v2.0 (23569)

Guest amdzero
I was just spontaneously motivated to say that you for all this work you do. For all the time you basically donate to us.

I look forward to next release. Thanks.

ITS OUT! GO GET IT! WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS!

Guest LordSith
ITS OUT! GO GET IT! WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS!

Downloading now!!

Stopping by the Verizon store after work to exchange my O2 for a new one, so will be flashing as soon as I get home. WOOHOO. :-)

Guest bmt10

First impressions I like the new version.

I'm happy to see the scroll bar made a return to your rom, but the only time I missed it was in myphone where AFAIK it was impossible to scroll down and deselect entries to sync.

I like the more simple button designs you used this time, I'm a fan of simple and clean interfaces.

Slide2Unlock I always used except for when I was using sense in which case I used that lock, but in your version the normally default clock font appears to be broken and that's the one I like best...no big deal though. I also never could figure out how to make the weather work, kind of disappointing to see I wasn't missing much but then again I am comparing it to the weather effects on the sense unlock screen.

Battclock is also a nice touch a quick display of current RAM is something I miss when I'm not using the iphone home screen.

I love your easily swappable dialer option, I actually prefer the look of the normal windows one.

Haven't tried the GPS tab yet as I usually disable all tabs except text messages and email to try and squeeze out as much memory as possible.

O2 flash which I mentioned stopped working in your previous version has been working in the few hours since I flashed so far, been pulling it out every once in awhile and it's turned on every time.

Also the streaming player does not work for me still, this time it can be opened but it just crashes the instant you try to play a link. It is a bit different now as it closes out the instant you open a link where before it would just give an invalid URL error but stay open.

Guest Mr.DunnDunn

this is the first time i flashed your rom. seems pretty decent. havent really played with anything besides sense. lol damn never realized sense took up so much ram. when i disabled it i watched the ram go from 49mb to 96, lol. big difference. i will continue to mess around with it. also this is the first time i messed with the overclocking option. how safe is it? im assuming its nothing like a pc so cooling and overheating shouldnt be a problem correct?

seems good overall. thanks

oh by the way does TF3d use as much ram as sense?

Guest amdzero
is there a way to disable jinbox completely? hate it.

jInbox is installed, but does NOT take over anything. if you want to use it, you MUST open it manually from the start menu.

Guest amdzero
this is the first time i flashed your rom. seems pretty decent. havent really played with anything besides sense. lol damn never realized sense took up so much ram. when i disabled it i watched the ram go from 49mb to 96, lol. big difference. i will continue to mess around with it. also this is the first time i messed with the overclocking option. how safe is it? im assuming its nothing like a pc so cooling and overheating shouldnt be a problem correct?

seems good overall. thanks

oh by the way does TF3d use as much ram as sense?

overclocking is very safe, it isn't changing any voltages, only multipliers, so even if you were able to set it to 2GHz, it would just lockup and stop processing, NOT overheat.

AFAIK HTC developed TouchFlo a few years back. First it was called Manila, or Manila 2D. M2D was great, but lacked the "cool" factor, so HTC developed TouchFlo3D commonly referred to as TF3D. It was released as the latest thing until later last year when HTC released HTC Sense. The versioning information is a bit vague, but HTC Sense branched off of TF3D, and uses most of its underlying code. We saw it first released for android phones.

At any rate, I don't have TF3D to compare it to, if someone would kindly point me to a TF3D cab or oem package (even better) that works for our phone, I'll gladly build a ROM around it.

Guest maldonj1

just flashed, looks good so far, not sure why slacker radio keeps exiting and doesnt launch tried everything i could think of and its happening on two roms now...lo

hmm, just got a DROID X for testing and it downloaded slacker radio 2.0.137 and i think im running version 1, that might be the issue.. :(

Edited by maldonj1

Guest Mr.DunnDunn

only problem im having is im trying to clear the storage and all its been doing is the icon has been spinning. I try to disable S2U2 maybe thats stopping the process

Guest amdzero
just flashed, looks good so far, not sure why slacker radio keeps exiting and doesnt launch tried everything i could think of and its happening on two roms now...lo

hmm, just got a DROID X for testing and it downloaded slacker radio 2.0.137 and i think im running version 1, that might be the issue.. :(

I just installed slacker radio AGAIN and it works fine.

Guest amdzero
only problem im having is im trying to clear the storage and all its been doing is the icon has been spinning. I try to disable S2U2 maybe thats stopping the process

clear the storage?

here is slacker radio, working btw

post-463858-1279804589_thumb.png

Edited by amdzero

Guest Mr.DunnDunn
clear the storage?

I meant clear all data. i usually do that after flashing roms and then *228, but its been stuck for me on the spinning icon. i'll give it a few more mins

Guest amdzero
Awesome! can't wait to flash your newest work. Love the work you do. Thanks.One question - is the page pool still unchanged?

I tweaked the pagepool a bit, and from 4MB to 24MB the best I could come up with is 12MBs. I've had a few testers and they seem to agree that 12MB is the sweet spot for Sense enabled ROMs.

just fwi, the stock rom from samsung has 20MB pp.

Guest odeveca25

i just flashed to 2.0 everything seems to be working fine except for facebook 1.5, dont see an icon in start menu, there is a folder for it in program files but its not working

Guest Bryan W.

Im about to flash this for the third time to try to get it to work.

Its freezing up on me. After after XD finishes, and at restart.

As step also just before it goes down hill is a screen asking to install Samsung sdk despite programs are using it.

EDIT: It appears a hard reset after install is necessary for it to work.

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest amdzero
i just flashed to 2.0 everything seems to be working fine except for facebook 1.5, dont see an icon in start menu, there is a folder for it in program files but its not working

nah, it only works in sense. so if you want facebook and fim, you can install it yourself. I did it this way because some may want to install them to "my storage" instead of have it cooked in.

Guest amdzero
Im about to flash this for the third time to try to get it to work.

Its freezing up on me. After after XD finishes, and at restart.

As step also just before it goes down hill is a screen asking to install Samsung sdk despite programs are using it.

EDIT: It appears a hard reset after install is necessary for it to work.

Maybe I didn't put this in the first post, must have forgot...

for some reason (don't know why yet) the system won't continue its boot up process until you tap on the upper part of the screen. It will APPEAR to be frozen, but actually it is just waiting for user input. So after you see XDA come up and you click the okay button, tap the upper part of the screen, say the clock area, that would be fine.

I've been looking at it for days, and was tired of trying to fix it. if there are any chefs that could point me in the right direction I'd be glad.

Guest haveitnow
Maybe I didn't put this in the first post, must have forgot...

for some reason (don't know why yet) the system won't continue its boot up process until you tap on the upper part of the screen. It will APPEAR to be frozen, but actually it is just waiting for user input. So after you see XDA come up and you click the okay button, tap the upper part of the screen, say the clock area, that would be fine.

I've been looking at it for days, and was tired of trying to fix it. if there are any chefs that could point me in the right direction I'd be glad.

yardlife's rom used to have this issue, you should ask him hwo he fixed it

Guest LordSith

Only time it seems to be freezing up on me is when I send an MMS message. It sends, then locks right up. Have to pull the battery. Occasionally, upon booting it goes blank and hangs, but it does eventually boot up.

Other than that. Loving it. Just got my new O2 from Verizon (the other one they marked as defective with all the SOD's I was getting) and didn't even set it up. Just upgraded to DC23 and then the 2.0 ROM. Loving it! :-)

Guest xlightwaverx
Only time it seems to be freezing up on me is when I send an MMS message. It sends, then locks right up. Have to pull the battery. Occasionally, upon booting it goes blank and hangs, but it does eventually boot up.

Other than that. Loving it. Just got my new O2 from Verizon (the other one they marked as defective with all the SOD's I was getting) and didn't even set it up. Just upgraded to DC23 and then the 2.0 ROM. Loving it! :-)

If you just got it, it came with DC23.

Guest xlightwaverx

Ya rom is running good. The triangle button displays "The file "Task' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate... blah blah.

Memory seems to go down as the day progresses. A restart of sense brings some of it back that CleanRam cannot.

A restart, obviously, brings it all back.

I didn't test the alarm clock, but I will let u know tomorrow >:/

Didn't do any overclocking cause the batter is almost dead right now :(

other than that,

Beautifully done AMD.

X

Guest Omega Ra
If you just got it, it came with DC23.

you could think that, but you'd be wrong... My sister just got herself an O2 after seeing mine with Sense and it didn't come with DC23 either...just the original CJ10.

Guest amdzero
Ya rom is running good. The triangle button displays "The file "Task' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate... blah blah.

Memory seems to go down as the day progresses. A restart of sense brings some of it back that CleanRam cannot.

A restart, obviously, brings it all back.

I didn't test the alarm clock, but I will let u know tomorrow >:/

Didn't do any overclocking cause the batter is almost dead right now :(

other than that,

Beautifully done AMD.

X

sense does some funky things with the buttons. I have it set to launch the start menu, but every time I cook this rom it gets dorked up. just set the center button and you'll be gtg.

Guest xlightwaverx

someone said something about mms freezing. that's true, if you overclock.

X

sense does some funky things with the buttons. I have it set to launch the start menu, but every time I cook this rom it gets dorked up. just set the center button and you'll be gtg.