[ROM]AMDZero ZeroSense (DC23) v2.0 (23569)

Guest amdzero
Well as a new memeber I have no clue how to get these ROM's you all make, let alone add it to my phone afterwards. So any help would be nice as I would like to try it out myself.

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...omnia-vzw-i920/

Read this thread. If you have problems post there.

Flashing a new rom is simple once you are set up; and you can even go back to the official samsung rom if you REALLY want to.

Guest ShamroQ
well first you would have to go to Samsungusa.com and get the official DC23 upgrade if you haven't already. Then there is a thread that says how I flashed my i920...and in it it has the links and descriptions of how to do it all :( happy flashing.

Aight Thanks for the help

Guest ShamroQ

I'm just not sure why it takes over 12 hours with the fastest Cable connection to download the freakin' DC23

Edited by ShamroQ

Guest Omega Ra
I'm just not sure why it takes over 12 hours with the fastest Cable connection to download the freakin' DC23

it's over 400 mb..but yeah their servers must be slow, it took that long on my sisters computer too.

Guest tedkord
CHT editor, misc settings, animations.

Does that work? When it was in, I tried to disable it by setting animations to none, but it never stopped.

Guest maldonj1
Does that work? When it was in, I tried to disable it by setting animations to none, but it never stopped.

you also need to click menu, apply changes, reboot and changes will take effect,

Edited by maldonj1

Guest maldonj1

im positive this has nothing to do with a custom rom but has anyone noticed the birthday/anniversary reminders are wrong, did my gf 7/19/78 and it says shes 34 2010-1978=32

Guest Bryan W.
http://gizmodo.com/5594473/hey-steve-samsung-says-hello

SOMEBODY STOP ME...

I'll be in my upgrade window in 3 weeks, and I've got Android ENVY!

HELP!

Because! Well, how can we survive life in this world without you guys cooking roms? Once you stop, then another and another will, and then well RIP Omnia 2!

EDIT

Somethings I noticed about the ROM:

-The new lock and call screen rock.

-Sometimes on incoming call the box to display the number or name of caller is empty.

-When receiving a Picture message (MMS) a windows notification pops up that is not cleared by opening the message. You have to open the notification and hit "reply" in taskbar.

-I have found that S2U2 works better if you disable locking when the backlight turns off.

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest amdzero
Because! Well, how can we survive life in this world without you guys cooking roms? Once you stop, then another and another will, and then well RIP Omnia 2!

EDIT

Somethings I noticed about the ROM:

-The new lock and call screen rock.

-Sometimes on incoming call the box to display the number or name of caller is empty.

-When receiving a Picture message (MMS) a windows notification pops up that is not cleared by opening the message. You have to open the notification and hit "reply" in taskbar.

-I have found that S2U2 works better if you disable locking when the backlight turns off.

-The new lockscreen was originally white with very little black, I (with help from WolfpackInCO) inverted the colors and made it black with very little white. The problem lies with the text. I was/am still unable to determine how the color for the text is set in the Phone Canvas dialer. That is why the caller id box is empty, it is actually JUST below the white box.

You see the program uses the same backdrop for two different screens. One for in-coming calls, and one for "in" call. The in call seems to be fine, but the "in-coming" calls which use the same background put the box up higher and so the black text doesn't show through. Without making it look TOO ugly I just left it how it was. If you guys want the original colors like in steels rom (I think he is using that one) I can give them to you...

Or if you guys want I can create a larger white box and see how that works. Just let me know and I'll provide it.

about the 6.5 cook, sorry I'm not up to speed on 6.5, ask Ninja as he is THE MAN when it comes to WinMo 6.5

Guest Bryan W.
-The new lockscreen was originally white with very little black, I (with help from WolfpackInCO) inverted the colors and made it black with very little white. The problem lies with the text. I was/am still unable to determine how the color for the text is set in the Phone Canvas dialer. That is why the caller id box is empty, it is actually JUST below the white box.

You see the program uses the same backdrop for two different screens. One for in-coming calls, and one for "in" call. The in call seems to be fine, but the "in-coming" calls which use the same background put the box up higher and so the black text doesn't show through. Without making it look TOO ugly I just left it how it was. If you guys want the original colors like in steels rom (I think he is using that one) I can give them to you...

Or if you guys want I can create a larger white box and see how that works. Just let me know and I'll provide it.

about the 6.5 cook, sorry I'm not up to speed on 6.5, ask Ninja as he is THE MAN when it comes to WinMo 6.5

Picturing it both ways, I *think I'd like white back. However what I really want is for it just to work, so I'm not going to be to picky with you either way.

In addition to what you mentioned, you could also take into account the length of someones names (sides), or how many lines it takes to display the id. I had one caller were the first line was fine, but the second was half covered by the edge of the box. It may be that trying to get the box just right would take too much time, and never really be perfect.

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest amdzero
Picturing it both ways, I *think I'd like white back. However what I really want is for it just to work, so I'm not going to be to picky with you either way.

In addition to what you mentioned, you could also take into account the length of someones names (sides), or how many lines it takes to display the id. I had one caller were the first line was fine, but the second was half covered by the edge of the box. It may be that trying to get the box just right would take too much time, and never really be perfect.

yeah I'm not going to keep messing with it.

If someone wants to they can I'll post the background where they can fiddle with it, and the cab for the original icons (mostly white).

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=59850

as you can see this is the SAME picture used. If there is someone else who wants to see what they can do, just edit this file and over write the one in their \windows\ folder (using resco FE or total cmdr)

Phone_Canvas_4.2.6212.cab

IncomingCall.bmp

Edited by amdzero

Guest tedkord
you also need to click menu, apply changes, reboot and changes will take effect,

Tried that at the time. No love for me. The full screen animations just kept a-coming.

Guest the sandman
Tried that at the time. No love for me. The full screen animations just kept a-coming.

are you talking about the weather animation on the home page? if so, then the way to get rid of that animation is make a new quick link on the home page and when the menu comes up choose Toggle Switches and then choose Weather. and when that quick link is added you can use it to turn off the weather animation on the home page. hope that is what your looking for

Guest amdzero
quick question... why does it always show black pages for the task switcher?

I just noticed this, does it show this way on my older versions?

Guest tntopspin

Excellent work, AMDZ! I think this ROM has everything I need..... EXCEPT..... when I flick the screen upward to add links, the device doesn't allow me to add links by touching an empty tab, nor does the "menu" bring up anything. Clicking the small box just below the battclock gives the instuctions to drag/drop, tap to add...... but nothing drags, nothing adds.

What am I missing here?

Guest tedkord
Excellent work, AMDZ! I think this ROM has everything I need..... EXCEPT..... when I flick the screen upward to add links, the device doesn't allow me to add links by touching an empty tab, nor does the "menu" bring up anything. Clicking the small box just below the battclock gives the instuctions to drag/drop, tap to add...... but nothing drags, nothing adds.

What am I missing here?

Try a hard reset - all those options work fine for me.

The only reproduceable bugs I've seen are the incorrectly labeled button settings (Button1HOLD, Button1HOLD, OK/Close...) which is no big deal, since I can still set the buttons to launch whatever I want, and the caller ID not showing info (also not a real concern). For those who dislike the CallerID, switch the skin off and use the MS dialer - it's not as nice (IMO), but it pops up all caller info, and saves you about 10mb of RAM.

Also, thanks for the poster above who showed me the weather toggle, which turns off.on the full screen weather animation. Wish I'd known about it before.

Guest jezze boi

don't quite remember.

flashing now to check it out

I tried replacing some files with some from the original stock DC23 but to no avail...

only things i got working were Streaming Player and i920's Communities

Flashed back to your V1.5

Task Switcher is working properly

do you know if a file is missing and which one?

Edited by jezze boi

Guest Bryan W.

Yes, but I could not list which ones.

EDIT:

Question: Maybe silly but, is it possible to use other Titanium skins, like gchis? Sometimes I feel the urge to do something change back and forth for a day or something. Right now I'd have to flash to the Basic ROM to use another skin.

Not asking you hit the drawing board! Just thought you might know how to do it, since I tried earlier today and it would not work. Default item in Items screen for titanium was not listed to enable gchis.

Edited by Bryan W.