[ROM]AMDZero ZeroSense (DC23) v2.0 (23569)

Guest norm883

The first 2 are the middle buttons, you will also get a error until you set all buttons to differnt things the first time.

We are all here because the original ROM ---- STINKS!

Norm883

Guest jezze boi

hey AMD, did you ever find out why the task switcher in your v2.0 always shows black pages with some distortions?

still trying to find a fix for that :/

Edited by jezze boi

Guest amdzero
hey AMD, did you ever find out why the task switcher in your v2.0 always shows black pages with some distortions?

still trying to find a fix for that :/

yeah I don't know I 've been trying to track this down. I'm looking into splugins for titanium when I saw this error, so I'm on hold as I REALLY want this to be fixed. I don't know why I haven't noticed this before, as I use task switcher a lot.

As far as the button assignment, again, HTC dorks with the assignment, as I've set the button1 (the middle diamond shaped button) at initial boot, but some how HTC overrides it. I can't figure it out, so that is why it is double set with the button1 hold. The startmenu does have a shortcut, but it is not located in the start menu, and thus not mappable to the middle button.

I've attached a .cab to remap the button to the start menu. Yes you can touch the windows flag at the bottom left, but this maps the "center button" to it. You will have to restart, for it to take effect. When you do however, the "ok" button gets remapped to HOME. That is another thing that HTC does that I cannot stand, but still haven't found the reason for it. I could create a quick app that remaps the OK button on startup, but I'm sure everyone uses this button differently.

AMDZero_Start_Button.cab

Edited by amdzero

Guest ShamroQ

Is there a fix to get my camera feature to work with this rom? It keeps giving me an error that MOD/VOD is the cause or something. How can I fix this and be able to use my camera with this rom?

Guest xlightwaverx

Yes, I would like to take pictures as well with my 5.0 mp camera :(

X

Is there a fix to get my camera feature to work with this rom? It keeps giving me an error that MOD/VOD is the cause or something. How can I fix this and be able to use my camera with this rom?

Guest jezze boi
Yes, I would like to take pictures as well with my 5.0 mp camera :(

X

i saw that occur twice while using this ROM.

all i do is reboot.. and i'm looking to see what might cause it

so for now, just reboot to restore functionality

Guest amdzero
i saw that occur twice while using this ROM.

all i do is reboot.. and i'm looking to see what might cause it

so for now, just reboot to restore functionality

Is there a specific series of events that causes this? If I can see the trail, I can track the issue. As of yet, I'm able to take pictures and video without problems.

Guest jezze boi
Is there a specific series of events that causes this? If I can see the trail, I can track the issue. As of yet, I'm able to take pictures and video without problems.

Trying to track it, but can't seem to bring up the error again..

all is working well, but the task switcher :/

also, can you provide the files for the i8000 touch player? or are they posted somewhere else in the forum?

Guest Bryan W.
This rom does not have titanium installed. It has been removed to save space.

I'm sorry to ask, I know your plenty busy. I've searched XDA and Modaco and I can't find a cab that has all the default titanium files that will work on here.

I even looked up how to edit your ROM, but that all flew over my head, especially since I have to find out what you removed and port it from a stock version. I'm split between this ROM (it has s2u2 fixed, among other updates), and the base ROM does not, but thats the one with Titanium.

The only reason this is an issue is because I miss the responsive UI of Titanium, although admittedly it is not as cool looking as the sense.

Do you have a CAB to restore titanium?

As always, thank you for everything!!!!!!

Guest amdzero
I'm sorry to ask, I know your plenty busy. I've searched XDA and Modaco and I can't find a cab that has all the default titanium files that will work on here.

I even looked up how to edit your ROM, but that all flew over my head, especially since I have to find out what you removed and port it from a stock version. I'm split between this ROM (it has s2u2 fixed, among other updates), and the base ROM does not, but thats the one with Titanium.

The only reason this is an issue is because I miss the responsive UI of Titanium, although admittedly it is not as cool looking as the sense.

Do you have a CAB to restore titanium?

As always, thank you for everything!!!!!!

I really don't know if this will work, but I'm cabbing it up anyway. Let me know if it works. I have NOT tested it.

AMDZero_Titanuim_back_in.cab

Guest Bryan W.
I really don't know if this will work, but I'm cabbing it up anyway. Let me know if it works. I have NOT tested it.

It WORKS! How awesome! Thank you!

I did the following, and it work first round:

1) Disable Sense

2) Install CAB

3) Reboot

On boot default WinMo Titanium is loaded.

GChis works perfectly, and it keeps your backround, which also looks great with gchis.

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest amdzero
It WORKS! How awesome! Thank you!

I did the following, and it work first round:

1) Disable Sense

2) Install CAB

3) Reboot

On boot default WinMo Titanium is loaded.

GChis works perfectly, and it keeps your backround, which also looks great with gchis.

wow good to know. I was hoping that MS wouldn't do some crazy stuff with their titanium.

Guest Bryan W.
wow good to know. I was hoping that MS wouldn't do some crazy stuff with their titanium.

Reading up in these threads, I get the impression some of you know how to set jinbox as the default sms program, perhaps even default for emails.

Does any1 know how to do this? Or should I make a new thread? I have tried the registry shell edits, but they did not change anything, and one is already set to jinbox in this rom.

Thank you

Guest Daley Lay

Hi Amdzero, thanks for the job, but, can you share with us what is the based of the NXX version for this cooked rom?

Man this was a beast to get working.

Let me start by saying thank you to Ninja4Hire and Steel Reign for helping me get this rom out. This was a team effort and without them this rom would not exist. Also would like to thank nOObody and Rapid for their Sense 2.5.cab used on the i8000 side of the house. Ninja helped cooked up a newer sense version 2015, but they were the pioneers for putting sense on the Omnia II. Thank you Beta Testers as your input was invaluable.

This is a Sense 2.5 rom based mostly off the 2015 version. Yes it is intended for HTC devices, but we Omnia users could use a little lovin'.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=58118

As always this version is based off the Samsung Official Update and uses the PDA portion of DC23. What does this mean? I means you should update your phone to the Samsung Official Update for DC23 before flashing this rom. You only have to do it once, so if you already did it, you are good to go!

XDA_UC is installed in this rom so let it run through before you start tapping away. And a Soft reset after it is complete wouldn't hurt as well.

To use XDA_UC

Before you flash my rom, make a folder on your "Storage Card" called XDA_UC. Make a folder in that folder called SD. Whatever you want installed to main memory will go in XDA_UC folder. If you want to choose the install location, use the SD folder. Should be working 100%, but let me know if you have any issues.

Current Issues with phone:

- Adding favorites to Samsung dailer menu does not work. There is a fix, just search for it (Ninja even posted a pretty little cab for you guys).

- Black on Black text, this is only seen in the edit contacts portion. I'm too tired of looking for the fix, and I don't like white on black for my themes.

- Not really an issue, but some have requested the original dialer skin, as the one I skinned is difficult to read in the sunlight

Streaming Player doesn't work, it loads but will close when trying to play. I've tried registry entries and putting ALL files back in, so I don't know whats wrong with it. If you used this program, you'll have find a replacement.

If you want the original dialer skin, just unzip the dll and place it in the windows directory and overwrite.

You have to use Total Commander, or Resco File Explorer (not free).

SECDialerRes_Original.zip

Current Issues with Sense 2.5:

- Home Tab >Edit Home Layout" currently does not work on Omnia 2's. If you try it, it will freeze your phone. If you want to edit the layouts you will need to change some simple values in the registry. This i8000 post will help, but I will try to put together a simpler list for us.

Version 2.0 Update

Fixed black on black bug (finally!)

Updated Facebook to version 1.5 (if you want facebook app or fim, you gotta install it yourself)

Added GPS Tab

updated co0kie Home tab/CHT editor to 1.85

added phone canvas, and ability to switch between dialers using DialerSwitcher

added S2U2 2.42 (with weather on lockscreen!)

added Battclock for those who are worried about their RAM usage

Fixed Streaming Player well it loads, but didn't test functionality. Still looking into this.

Added Jinbox (for text messaging)

There IS a way to get your email working with jinbox, but I didn't want to cook it in incase ppl don't like jinbox.

Changed TaskManager to a more robust taskmanager

cleaned up the interface a bit,

stopped the fullscreen weather on the Sense home tab, and stopped the double clock flip (it was annoying me!!!)

I recmodded and flatten the ROM, and put some files in Slot0. This way the ROM is better configured to handle Sense.

This also means if you disable sense, and shutdown all programs, enable WinMo Dialer, and soft reset, you'll get about 96-98MB Free RAM (YEAH BABY!)

This is for those who may not like sense, but want extra ram.

Steel's i8000 GPS did make it into this rom

Version 1.5 Update

Fixed the dismiss with options problem for appointments

Fixed the Music and Facebook tab menu button

Touched up the theme a bit, changed some icons

Version 1.0

Removed:

Verizon crapware

Samsung TouchWiz, Cube, MainMenu

Opera

Bing, Live Search

Solitaire and Bubble Break

Added:

Sense 2.5 Build 2015

Co0kie's Home Tab Editor 1.8.0

XDA_UC

Google Maps 4.0

MortScript 4.2

Microsoft My Phone

Overclocking + shortcuts (only run one after softreset)

Orientation Detection

SKTools 5

Slide2Shutdown

Youtube

Titanium theme

SMS Skin

OpenGLES v1

Sparta Startup

Download

Latest

ZeroSense v2.0

Archived

ZeroSense v1.5

ZeroSense v1.0

----------------------------

If you like my work, drop a thank you. If you want do buy me a beer:

post-463858-1277361486_thumb.jpg

Guest amdzero
Reading up in these threads, I get the impression some of you know how to set jinbox as the default sms program, perhaps even default for emails.

Does any1 know how to do this? Or should I make a new thread? I have tried the registry shell edits, but they did not change anything, and one is already set to jinbox in this rom.

Thank you

as far as setting this to default, I'm not sure how it's done. I didn't do it on purpose, as some won't like it.

you could change the default open in sense to jinbox:

open CHTEditor>applications>messaging>jInbox>apply changes>exit restart sense

The email WITH jInbox doesn't work well with my testing. Yes it does work, but after a short time, the new sms/mms/email button doesn't work, and taping the menu to create a new sms/mms/email doesn't work either. Also if you open poutlook for anything, it takes over as the default again until you restart. It does look nice when email works with jInbox, but after testing it wasn't reliable enough to cook in the rom. Here is a link to the cab that "worked" for me...

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=52157

Guest amdzero
Hi Amdzero, thanks for the job, but, can you share with us what is the based of the NXX version for this cooked rom?

baby steps my friend, I'm still working on getting ANY rom to work with i8000. So far I'm not able to get one that boots, as I can't test it. I only have a i920, not a i8000. See my other hybrid thread for experimental roms for the i8000.

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...hybrid-project/

Guest mdkpnj

Periodically, Sense will hang up the O2. When it does, when I power on the screen I have the Sense background and nothing else. I will beep if I hit the task bar, but that is all, It does not respond to any keys except the screen off/on. I have to soft-reset to get it back. I like this version of Sense, but.....

Are there any reccomendations to fix this?

Thanks

Guest amdzero
Periodically, Sense will hang up the O2. When it does, when I power on the screen I have the Sense background and nothing else. I will beep if I hit the task bar, but that is all, It does not respond to any keys except the screen off/on. I have to soft-reset to get it back. I like this version of Sense, but.....

Are there any reccomendations to fix this?

Thanks

I've not run into this yet. Could you reproduce a series of events so that I may see the same error you describe, and thus be able to troubleshoot it?

Guest jezze boi
I've not run into this yet. Could you reproduce a series of events so that I may see the same error you describe, and thus be able to troubleshoot it?

it would happen to me too

it happened when i overclocked it over 960Mhz (970, 980, 1000)

I just kept it at 960Mhz and it's running well without freezing the home screen

Guest norm883

AMDZero,

Do you have a cab like the one in your 2.0 that gives you the choice of the 3 types of Dialers.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Norm883

Guest amdzero
AMDZero,

Do you have a cab like the one in your 2.0 that gives you the choice of the 3 types of Dialers.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Norm883

I do not, as it is just a couple of exe files included. The problem lies when you don't have sense WITH phone canvas installed. currently it won't work unless all three dialers are installed, AND sense is running in the ROM.

Guest norm883

I was running your 2.0 and having a few issues etc freezing, so I installed Steel 0.65

running well. I believe my problem is just learning how to use sense. I installed your download of the

original dialer but no change. Even loaded in I really like that one due to the fact of sunlight etc makes this one hard to read.

Even disabled sense to load and still no go.

I am caught between these 2 ROMS am trying to get the best of both worlds :(

Thanks for your reply.

Norm883

Guest amdzero
I was running your 2.0 and having a few issues etc freezing, so I installed Steel 0.65

running well. I believe my problem is just learning how to use sense. I installed your download of the

original dialer but no change. Even loaded in I really like that one due to the fact of sunlight etc makes this one hard to read.

Even disabled sense to load and still no go.

I am caught between these 2 ROMS am trying to get the best of both worlds :(

Thanks for your reply.

Norm883

the original dialer I posted was not the dialer. It was only the original icons/pngs for the dialer. The samsung dialer may not be installed on his rom at all.