[ROM]AMDZero ZeroSense (DC23) v2.0 (23569)

Guest ShamroQ
The email I have is a personal email account from a domain that I own. This email account has a custom certificate called localhost, and winmo throws a fit about it every time I setup my email. I won't get ANY email from this account until I open outlook and wait for the popup that says this is an untrusted certificate, would you like to download anyway? After I hit yes email works fine from then on.

I'm not saying this is happening to you, but it could be. What kind of email account are you setting up?

I'm setting up pop3 with hotmail or aol and it won't download nothing after I set it up. I only see one program to set up email and it even ask me if I wanna use either account I already use anyway and still won't download it just stays stuck at logging on.... I set it up on samsung rom the same way and any other phone I've owned and never had this problem so if someone can get a live or aol account to work explain why it works for u and not for me?

Guest LordSith
I'm setting up pop3 with hotmail or aol and it won't download nothing after I set it up. I only see one program to set up email and it even ask me if I wanna use either account I already use anyway and still won't download it just stays stuck at logging on.... I set it up on samsung rom the same way and any other phone I've owned and never had this problem so if someone can get a live or aol account to work explain why it works for u and not for me?

AOL & Hotmail don't use pop3 settings. Not sure about AOL, but the once you put in your hotmail email address, it should setup the settings for you automatically.

Guest amdzero
AMD - a question. (Bear in mind my programming skills ended with Basic and Fortran/F77 - so basically the Latin's of coding, dead languages)

As far as FPU enable, it seems that the same 17 patches are enabled each time, the others being slower. Is it possible to simply put these patches in the .nb0 file, so they overwrite the originals in WinMo and are always there? This would eliminate the need to run FPUEnabler 2X every reboot, then each time WinMo shuts it down for memory reasons.

I'm not even sure how those settings are set. I didn't create the overclock app, nor the FPU enabler, but theoretically it is possible to cook those settings in.

Guest c00l3rko

PLEASE HELP.

Hi iam new here but ive already tried many roms. Your rom is the best for me it has everything i need and want, but i have a big problem with it :( iam a nebwie but as i said ive tried many roms but i have this isue only when iam using your or ninjas ROM :( i cannot charge battery and cannot use phone :P its still in airplane mode so i cannot conect to network, dont know what iam doing wrong :P it keeps showing me error mesage : "unsuported battery please read user manual" but i did not change my battery its stock battery. My device is i8000 i hope u can or know how to fix it coz your rom is BEST. Keep up the hard work.

PS: Sorry for my english iam from Slovakia B)

Guest bmt10
PLEASE HELP.

Hi iam new here but ive already tried many roms. Your rom is the best for me it has everything i need and want, but i have a big problem with it :( iam a nebwie but as i said ive tried many roms but i have this isue only when iam using your or ninjas ROM :( i cannot charge battery and cannot use phone :P its still in airplane mode so i cannot conect to network, dont know what iam doing wrong :P it keeps showing me error mesage : "unsuported battery please read user manual" but i did not change my battery its stock battery. My device is i8000 i hope u can or know how to fix it coz your rom is BEST. Keep up the hard work.

PS: Sorry for my english iam from Slovakia B)

That is your problem, this rom and roms in this section of the forums are for the i920, the verizon wireless only version of the omnia 2, there are some hardware differences that make roms incompatible with each version, though there are some crossover projects.

You'll need a rom from this section to work on your phone. http://www.modaco.com/category/424/i8000-o...rom-discussion/

Edited by bmt10

Guest amdzero

well, I just found out what screen capture was for.

Its used by task switcher to capture the screen image to display while closing/switching tasks.

DOH! I think I removed it from this rom.

Guest jezze boi

Its used by task switcher to capture the screen image to display while closing/switching tasks.

thanks! now task switcher is fully functional :( getting ever closer to the perfect ROM

Guest haveitnow

AHHHH never even noticed :(

Guest tedkord

Is there a .cab for it?

Guest ED2O9

I was looking through the threads hoping to find some info on getting jinbox to work with an i920, and came up blank. I know that you have it cooked into this Sense ROM, so I was wondering if there was a CAB or an EXE with some registry edit to get it running. Sorry if this was been discussed before.

Guest batch519

Anyone else having trouble with the Caller ID on v2 ROM? I don't have Caller ID display a number unless my phone already knows that number as a stored contact. Am I missing something??

post-711703-1280519361_thumb.png

Guest amdzero
Anyone else having trouble with the Caller ID on v2 ROM? I don't have Caller ID display a number unless my phone already knows that number as a stored contact. Am I missing something??

it is known, and I posted the files a while back. I tried to invert the colors, but I don't know how to change the FONT colors. So as a quick fix, I posted the original phone canvas which is the white colored background. Additionally I posted the image that could be modified to a more white background.

I realize this is an issue, so I'm asking again, should I just scrap this colored phone canvas? Or should I make an All white background for the caller ID?

EDIT:

I really like those taskbar icons, where are they from?

Edited by amdzero

Guest batch519
it is known, and I posted the files a while back. I tried to invert the colors, but I don't know how to change the FONT colors. So as a quick fix, I posted the original phone canvas which is the white colored background. Additionally I posted the image that could be modified to a more white background.

I realize this is an issue, so I'm asking again, should I just scrap this colored phone canvas? Or should I make an All white background for the caller ID?

EDIT:

I really like those taskbar icons, where are they from?

I found your original post about the dialer background and I agree with Bryan W in that I don't care what color, as long as it works.

I found the task bar icons when I clicked on the link for Neo Titianium, I believe it is called AnastasiaTaskbar_v1.1.cab

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/313450/...7-2010/page/20/

Guest Bryan W.

I wanted to say that this rom rocks not just with Sense. When you add back in Titanium and throw in gchris, make a few changes to S2u2, put on the regular phone canvas, among a few other small things, this rom ROCKs. I would say it becomes pretty much perfect WinMo phone for me.

I tried for a few days to get jinbox working, but it isn't really compatible with the chome.dll plugin (yes the plugin) used in the gchris. It just doesn't jive with the parameters used by normal tmail, and thus only partially works. It also break other little things in SMS and/or email. So while I wish I could use it, I can't. Although I found one post where a uses suspects the modified skin is already inside the phone, I just don't think anyone knows how to activate it.

Thank you for this. I mean it, I think I finally hit gold.

Guest amdzero
I wanted to say that this rom rocks not just with Sense. When you add back in Titanium and throw in gchris, make a few changes to S2u2, put on the regular phone canvas, among a few other small things, this rom ROCKs. I would say it becomes pretty much perfect WinMo phone for me.

I tried for a few days to get jinbox working, but it isn't really compatible with the chome.dll plugin (yes the plugin) used in the gchris. It just doesn't jive with the parameters used by normal tmail, and thus only partially works. It also break other little things in SMS and/or email. So while I wish I could use it, I can't. Although I found one post where a uses suspects the modified skin is already inside the phone, I just don't think anyone knows how to activate it.

Thank you for this. I mean it, I think I finally hit gold.

I don't use titanium on this rom as It wasn't meant to. But thats not to say you can't. I'm interested in what you mean with gchris and jinbox. Are you trying to recieve messages from jinbox, or just open it using gchris. Its been a long time (in relative flashes) since I used gchris.

I'm trying to get my ZeroStock out, but I think I've made to many adjustments and am trying to "undo" somethings. But I'd like to get back to ZeroSense as more ppl use it.

Guest Bryan W.
I don't use titanium on this rom as It wasn't meant to. But thats not to say you can't. I'm interested in what you mean with gchris and jinbox. Are you trying to recieve messages from jinbox, or just open it using gchris. Its been a long time (in relative flashes) since I used gchris.

I'm trying to get my ZeroStock out, but I think I've made to many adjustments and am trying to "undo" somethings. But I'd like to get back to ZeroSense as more ppl use it.

Well I wanted to use jinbox for it all. Receiving, composing, etc. Buts its too quirky.

3 examples:

1) You can not launch Text or Email (if you have chosen to setup jinbox for email) from gchris, it does nothing. Apparently known issue with no known workaround.

2) Unable to compose emails- you hit the button, nothing happens

3) can not open emails (I don't know why it wasn't working)

I guess other than the unhappiness with gchris the sms worked ok.

The story with opening jinbox via gchris is this. That particular plugin 'chome.dll', at the bottom with the notifications, is actually a microsoft plug modded by users and redistributed. The plugin is hard coded by microsoft to open the sms and email a certain way, not the normal "open default sms", or "open tmail.exe". Whatever this unknown way is, nothing happens when invoked with the tmail wrapper and jinbox installed.

Oh and someone suggested vjbrisk.. don't do that. It created some loop where windows would open and close tmail, dominitating the screen. the only way out was to flash. Besides, vjbrisk passes parameters, and the tmail wrapper does not, I think because jinbox can not handle any standard tmail parameters.

Guest tedkord
It's in Device/Windows folder - just copy and paste intoDevice/Windows/Startup folder and ur golden

Got it. Thanks, I'm up and running. Task switcher works the way it originally did now. BTW, for anyone else trying this, to save space and keep from having duplicate files on you device, just paste a shortcut to the screencapture.exe file in your Device\WINDOWS\StartUp file.

Guest ShamroQ
AOL & Hotmail don't use pop3 settings. Not sure about AOL, but the once you put in your hotmail email address, it should setup the settings for you automatically.

That's exactly how I've set each account up and like I said it will never get passed logging on.... what email account works for you maybe Ill switch to that one cause aol or live you obviously aren't using.

Guest LordSith
That's exactly how I've set each account up and like I said it will never get passed logging on.... what email account works for you maybe Ill switch to that one cause aol or live you obviously aren't using.

I'm able to check my Yahoo email and my private company email (pop3). Yahoo, usually gives me a password error 3 or 4 times a day, but does check it every now and then. Private pop3 accounts usually always work with no problems. Check with your internet provider to see if they offer you a pop3 email account (most do) and you can do a manual setup of it.

Guest mdkpnj

Simple question (I hope), what ia the name of the program that restarts sense. every once in a while when I hit the wake-up button I have a blank liek home screen, and none of the buttons work. I always have to take off the case and the back to do a soft reset. I figured If I assign a button to restart sense it might get me out wiihout having to reset. There is a program called in \windows called HTCStartup, but it does not seem to do anything. It certinaly does not restart sense like the Restart Sense button in Sense does.

Guest amdzero
Simple question (I hope), what ia the name of the program that restarts sense. every once in a while when I hit the wake-up button I have a blank liek home screen, and none of the buttons work. I always have to take off the case and the back to do a soft reset. I figured If I assign a button to restart sense it might get me out wiihout having to reset. There is a program called in \windows called HTCStartup, but it does not seem to do anything. It certinaly does not restart sense like the Restart Sense button in Sense does.

I have not had this problem yet, but let me try to help. I don't know if there is a restart sense program. You can do it manually through the windows settings>Home>Items and deselect ZeroSense. then go back in and reselect it. I know this is not the short cut you are looking for but it may help instead of taking out the battery.

if you are unable to pull up the start menu, click on the notification icons in the taskbar, open the comm manager and then click the start flag. Let me know how it goes. When does this occur, can I reproduce the same steps to get this issue so I can take a closer look?

Guest mdkpnj
I have not had this problem yet, but let me try to help. I don't know if there is a restart sense program. You can do it manually through the windows settings>Home>Items and deselect ZeroSense. then go back in and reselect it. I know this is not the short cut you are looking for but it may help instead of taking out the battery.

if you are unable to pull up the start menu, click on the notification icons in the taskbar, open the comm manager and then click the start flag. Let me know how it goes. When does this occur, can I reproduce the same steps to get this issue so I can take a closer look?

Thanks. There does not seem to be any pattern, but it seems more likely to occur after the O2 has not been used for a while (couple hours or longer), but not always. I tried your Comm Manager selection but did not see a Start button. Which icon did you pick? Both the seem to be in my (your stock) taskbar, the two arrows in opposite directions or the signal bars, both go to Wireless manager.

Except for this nagging issue, the ROM is great. Fast smooth, even with Sense I'm average 20-25m free which is not too bad. It starts at 50m and drops ove rthe course of a few hours.

Thanks again.

Guest amdzero
Thanks. There does not seem to be any pattern, but it seems more likely to occur after the O2 has not been used for a while (couple hours or longer), but not always. I tried your Comm Manager selection but did not see a Start button. Which icon did you pick? Both the seem to be in my (your stock) taskbar, the two arrows in opposite directions or the signal bars, both go to Wireless manager.

Except for this nagging issue, the ROM is great. Fast smooth, even with Sense I'm average 20-25m free which is not too bad. It starts at 50m and drops ove rthe course of a few hours.

Thanks again.

yes it should go to wireless manager, then you can click on the start flag at the bottom of the screen to bring up the start menu, then deselct zerosense in the settings->home-item area.