[ROM]AMDZero ZeroSense (DC23) v2.0 (23569)

Guest haveitnow

so I got rid of the tabs I don't use, got rid of some startup files that I have yet to find any need for(maybe someone can explain those), and got this rom to load with about 50mb free, and never drops below 30 and I run the memory cleaner every once in a while and it goes back to 50. Also uses less cpu normally than it was though occasionally seems to still start chugging on cpu.

also managed to load this really cool tab

http://www.wmexperts.com/gps-tab-sense-25

if interested just follow instructions.

still a couple questions.

1) can I configure sense to use opera instead of IE for shortcuts?

2) any way to get g-sensor to work?

thanks for all the work.

much happier with this now that i've used it a bit.

Guest amdzero
so I got rid of the tabs I don't use, got rid of some startup files that I have yet to find any need for(maybe someone can explain those), and got this rom to load with about 50mb free, and never drops below 30 and I run the memory cleaner every once in a while and it goes back to 50. Also uses less cpu normally than it was though occasionally seems to still start chugging on cpu.

thanks for all the work.

I'll look into that tab, what tabs don't you use an dwhat startup programs do you close?

Also Slacker Radio works, tried it for the first time. So like, it doesn't play the song you search for, rather the songs that are like it? I'm so confused. Where is my nanogroove!

Guest haveitnow
I'll look into that tab, what tabs don't you use an dwhat startup programs do you close?

Also Slacker Radio works, tried it for the first time. So like, it doesn't play the song you search for, rather the songs that are like it? I'm so confused. Where is my nanogroove!

yes slacker like pandora is a discovery app, but usually plays a lot from your selected artist as well.

I use home,settings, sms,mail,weather, and gps. no pont to the music tab as it's on the flip down for the home tab

as for statup apps, Igot rid of voice command(never use it and will start on it's own anyway), ScreenCapture, PlayerAutoupdate which I believe is only for samsung player and since I am forced to have the sense one running I just use that fro music, ChomeManager(isn't that just for titanium?), in the past I've also gotten rid of alarmwatcher as I've never seen not having it impact my calendar reminders any other alarms.

stilll have but unsure about poutlook and autodataconfig.

any idea on the Opera vs IE thing?

Guest shawnpl12

hey on ninjas sense rom i was able to somehow make it so facebook syncs with my contacts and changes/updates all the pictures for them at once. now i have no idea how to do it again and dont want to do it one by one. anyone have any idea how to do this?

Guest maldonj1

ok ill uninstall slacker completely and reinstall, only thing that changed was it auto installed by XDA_UC, and yes its lame but a little easier than pandora to select stations while driving, you just have to keep banning artists , for example, pick metallica channel and just keep banning anything but metallica, at least thats what i have been doing.,

not sure what I'm doing wrong, installed it to device memory and mystorageand it still just exits, oh well time to find a new internet radio.

Edited by maldonj1

Guest the sandman

thanks for all the work.

Thanks so much for the link to that GPS tab that thing is pretty sweet. I think every chef should put it in their sense rom

Guest amdzero

I'm looking into the gps tab, as far as the opera, I think you have to use opera and go to settings and set it as the default. Try that first, It will be hard for me to cook it in, as I don't put opera in my ROMs anymore. I installed it to my storage once, and I can launch it from there just fine, keeping my passwords and such.

Guest amdzero

yeah I can't get the gps cab to load. I used the color icon with the startup fix and I get nothing. Anyone else know how to get it to work?

Guest the sandman
yeah I can't get the gps cab to load. I used the color icon with the startup fix and I get nothing. Anyone else know how to get it to work?

i didnt try try the color icon one i used the first download link: http://www.multiupload.com/NX320Z8LB0

then i just followed these 6 steps tat were in the post at xda and the gps tab worked for me

1. (Optional) Download and install Yandex maps (if are not installed)

2. Download and install the tracker (attached below)

3. Go to Start> Settings > Today and disable Manila

4. Go to Start, run FixStartManila, in the end of process Manila will start but in the settings of today won't checkboxed, than go there and check it

5. Configure the order of tabs

6. Use a new tab

maybe the color icon doesnt work for our phones?

Guest haveitnow

What I did:

took sense out of the today list and shut it down.

Installed the main cab

installed the icon cab

ran the startupfix

then added sense to the today items

rebooted

worked first time.

Guest amdzero
What I did:

took sense out of the today list and shut it down.

Installed the main cab

installed the icon cab

ran the startupfix

then added sense to the today items

rebooted

worked first time.

okay I got it to load, but what is it supposed to do?

Like why would I use this app?

Guest haveitnow
okay I got it to load, but what is it supposed to do?

Like why would I use this app?

I have the same question about facebook and twitter :D

honestly it just makes a nice compass and speedometer, also has tracking abilities that I have not played with yet.

just a neat toy :angry:

Guest amdzero
I have the same question about facebook and twitter :D

honestly it just makes a nice compass and speedometer, also has tracking abilities that I have not played with yet.

just a neat toy :angry:

does the compass and speeddometer work? I have a lock but it just points north, always.

Guest haveitnow
does the compass and speeddometer work? I have a lock but it just points north, always.

yeah they work fine for me, you need to turn on the gps switch at the top but that's about it.

Guest Stylii

Amdzero,

I've been using your ROM for nearly two weeks and continue to be thrilled with it. This was my first flash and and my first post here. With all the new phone options, the excellent work you and the other chefs provide continue to make me glad I selected the Omnia 2. I can't comprehend how much effort goes into producing these roms, but just wanted to let you know how much your work is appreciated.

My positive experience has made me leave "lurker" status and join this community. I've added SKU2 and the original Samsung Dialer to your build, but am otherwise enjoying it as is.

I'm working around the black on black text in edit contacts and add appointments but find it an acceptable tradeoff. Thanks for all you do to make our phones and community better.

Guest amdzero
Amdzero,

I've been using your ROM for nearly two weeks and continue to be thrilled with it. This was my first flash and and my first post here. With all the new phone options, the excellent work you and the other chefs provide continue to make me glad I selected the Omnia 2. I can't comprehend how much effort goes into producing these roms, but just wanted to let you know how much your work is appreciated.

My positive experience has made me leave "lurker" status and join this community. I've added SKU2 and the original Samsung Dialer to your build, but am otherwise enjoying it as is.

I'm working around the black on black text in edit contacts and add appointments but find it an acceptable tradeoff. Thanks for all you do to make our phones and community better.

Welcome to the community!

First off, there is a fix to the black on black text (drove me nutz, flashing multiple times daily trying to re-setup email SUX!). Its a reg edit, but it will be fixed in my next version (almost done promise!)

I took the brushed metal samsung dialer out as it was annoying me, and added a new option to "select" which dialer you want. Phone Canvas, WinMo Dialer, and Samsung dialer.

Stay tuned!

Guest LordSith

OMG! Let me just say I LOVE this ROM AMDZero! This is my first flash and first ROM with the O2. I love the look, the feel, the ease of use, just everything about it! It's like my old M2D from my O1 supercharged! LOL

Great work!

Quick question (maybe): Is there a way I can set the little icon on the home screen for Voice Mail to launch my Visual voice Mail instead of dialing out to my voice mail? If not, no big deal, but though that would be a cool. Thanks. :-)

Guest amdzero
OMG! Let me just say I LOVE this ROM AMDZero! This is my first flash and first ROM with the O2. I love the look, the feel, the ease of use, just everything about it! It's like my old M2D from my O1 supercharged! LOL

Great work!

Quick question (maybe): Is there a way I can set the little icon on the home screen for Voice Mail to launch my Visual voice Mail instead of dialing out to my voice mail? If not, no big deal, but though that would be a cool. Thanks. :-)

I'm sure there is a way, I don't know how to. I'll take a look later on after I get this new ZeroSense rom out. (Facebook tab working and GPS tab installed)

Guest LordSith
I'm sure there is a way, I don't know how to. I'll take a look later on after I get this new ZeroSense rom out. (Facebook tab working and GPS tab installed)

Oh boy...here we go again ;)

I was so addicted to flashing my O1. Just upgraded to the O2, flashed to the ZeroSense 1.5 and loving it.

Now you're telling me you're going to release an updated ROM (hoping the black on black is fixed LOL), shortly? You know I'm going to have to flash to that one as soon as you release it.

I'm gonna be addicted all over again. But the O2 is WAY more fun to play with. :angry: LOL

Awesome job, and look forward to the next release. :D:-)

(So it's cloudy here in NY, and I was in awe as I watched the clouds form up and float across my screen. THAT is wicked!)

Guest LordSith

So I figured it out, how to change it.

I'll post how when I get back home so I can describe it step by step. Too hard now, since I'm using my phone to post this. LOL

Guest LordSith

So for those who use the Visual voice Mail feature, here's how to make the VM icon on the Home screen launch VVM instead of dialing out:

On the Home screen, press the Menu key (right soft key)

Select Co0kie's Home Tab Editor

Select Applications

Select Voicemail

Click the icon for VVM

Click Menu (right soft key) and exit

Soft Reset, and done. Now when you click the Voicemail icon, it will launch Visual Voicemail.

Edited by LordSith