[ROM]AMDZero ZeroSense (DC23) v2.0 (23569)

Guest rpmm70
ZeroSense released to beta testers....

awaiting results to post next version.

I can't wait for the next release. How long do you think till you will post it?

Guest LordSith

So today I had about 5 SOD's while at work. I'm beginning to think it's a problem with my phone since I was having the same issues even before flashing this ROM. I just wish I could figure out why. And it's not even after being idle, I can be doing something on it, x out of the app, and instantly it goes to sleep. I know it's still on, cause I'll get a text and it'll go off & vibrate, but I can't wake it up to get the text.

What do you guys think: Should I contact Verizon again and request a new O2, try different ROMS, or just keep playing with settings and see if that fixes it?

Guest tivill777
GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT PEOPLE!

Pretty awesome!!! I'm a little upset that your sense is more functional then mine, but whatever lol. I also like the brush metal titanium look.

I prefer to use Swype - any chance of getting a cab to restore functionality?

Guest amdzero
I prefer to use Swype - any chance of getting a cab to restore functionality?

seeing as Modaco has been down all day, I DO have a rom release, but have to fix a few things. should be comming out tonight (cross fingers)

Its looking pretty hot right now...

I can get 98MB Free RAM with ZeroSense DISABLED and WinMo Dialer.

Guest Omega Ra
seeing as Modaco has been down all day, I DO have a rom release, but have to fix a few things. should be comming out tonight (cross fingers)

so it's like your zero stock with free RAM, but then sense installed too. What's it like with Sense enabled? 50-60?

Guest amdzero
so it's like your zero stock with free RAM, but then sense installed too. What's it like with Sense enabled? 50-60?

WITH sense enabled and WITH winmo dialer it boots to 65-70MB Free ram. Of course after opening and closing many programs, the system will slow down to about 47MB Free RAM.

Some might not like what I've done with the changes, i.e. S2U2, battclock, GPS tab, etc. this will be a pretty big release so after I work out the last bugs, its GAME ON!

Guest batch519

Awesome!! I plan on flashing, disabling Sense and then installing/configuring the iPhone Today UI again. I am digging this combination because I love your theme and overall ROM refinement and with the iPhone Today because I increased the number of buttons for apps and notifications (like free ram) and speaking of free ram, I actually have FREE RAM for ram hogs like Opera, lol!! BTW, I started a PayPal and sent some money to it so I'll be able to buy you a 12 pack very soon!!

Guest jezze boi

your beta version 1.6 seems to be pretty nice overall :angry:

first of all... GREAT JOB!!!

i'm amazed by the customizations you did to parts of the phone

is the i8000 media player going to be in the final release?

if not, then it's all good. i'll stick to the Sense Music player

i also noticed that Streaming Player isn't functioning.

i like using it to watch youtube videos since i think it plays them the best

other web browsers' players seem laggy

other than that, excellent ROM!

Guest haveitnow
WITH sense enabled and WITH winmo dialer it boots to 65-70MB Free ram. Of course after opening and closing many programs, the system will slow down to about 47MB Free RAM.

Some might not like what I've done with the changes, i.e. S2U2, battclock, GPS tab, etc. this will be a pretty big release so after I work out the last bugs, its GAME ON!

sounds awesome can't wait, have pretty much fallen in love with sense.

Guest bmt10

Any idea why O2flash would suddenly stop functioning on your rom? It will work fine for a short while after a new flash but then the light will stop coming on, the program still shows as running in a task manager and the back light still increases(also the flash still works in the camera), I've tried it as both a direct link and through O2compass(which still works fine). Reinstalls and phone restarts don't help and I've even had it happen after 2 clean flashes of this rom.

Edited by bmt10

Guest amdzero
Any idea why O2flash would suddenly stop functioning on your rom? It will work fine for a short while after a new flash but then the light will stop coming on, the program still shows as running in a task manager and the back light still increases(also the flash still works in the camera), I've tried it as both a direct link and through O2compass(which still works fine). Reinstalls and phone restarts don't help and I've even had it happen after 2 clean flashes of this rom.

I'm going to put in the newer sdk (version 2.2) and lets see if that helps.

Steaming player is not working? I don't use it how do I test it?

/////////////////////

Oh and I thought I'd throw this out there...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/20/samsung...antenna-claims/

Edited by amdzero

Guest the sandman

/////////////////////

Up yours iPhone4!! Never will i degrade myself to an Apple product such as that, or to any.

EDIT: s*** who am i kidding, i actually have an iPod touch, but only music and nothing else. LOL

Cant wait for the new ROM!!

Edited by the sandman

Guest bmt10

/////////////////////

I'll post again after I try out your new rom for awhile if it happens again...after this last flash it happened less than half a day after flashing when I went to light up the labels on a dimly lit circuit breaker.

The streaming player can't be used normally as far as I know with all these cooked roms because you all remove the original opera browser and that was the only browser I know of that would open the player directly from the webpage with a link. Otherwise you could copy and paste a youtube URL into the player to open it. I haven't been using it using the youtube app instead or directly inside of a browser, but I tried to open it with the link but it just flashed and I can't seem to find any other trace of it on the phone except for some temp files.

Edited by bmt10

Guest amdzero
Up yours iPhone4!! Never will i degrade myself to an Apple product such as that, or to any.

EDIT: s*** who am i kidding, i actually have an iPod touch, but only music and nothing else. LOL

Cant wait for the new ROM!!

just found an error with mms, that should be the last thing tho.

Guest jezze boi
just found an error with mms, that should be the last thing tho.

Streaming player is also used with IE when viewing YouTube mobile

i'll just add it in from my kitchen :angry:

Guest amdzero

so is it missing, or is it broke? If there are others that want to use it, I'd rather fix it and cook it in.

Guest the sandman

i find it a lot easier to use the youtube app. have you tried it?

Guest bmt10
The streaming player can't be used normally as far as I know with all these cooked roms because you all remove the original opera browser and that was the only browser I know of that would open the player directly from the webpage with a link. Otherwise you could copy and paste a youtube URL into the player to open it. I haven't been using it using the youtube app instead or directly inside of a browser, but I tried to open it with the link but it just flashed and I can't seem to find any other trace of it on the phone except for some temp files.

So I downloaded a cab of the player here and opera 9.5 here and was able to open the streaming player as well as click a youtube link and had it open the player, but then it just crashed. Opening the player and going to recent URLs to try that same link gave an invalid URL message, it gave that for any URL I tried.

Oh and yes like above poster said you can open it from IE I was under the impression that IE would just use the flash player...shows that I never use it, but that gave the same invalid url error.

Guest bmt10
so is it missing, or is it broke? If there are others that want to use it, I'd rather fix it and cook it in.

It seems to be both missing and when reinstalled broken...at least the cab that I used was.

i find it a lot easier to use the youtube app. have you tried it?

Yea the youtube app plays a lot better than then any browser, but the interface for finding videos sucks. I wish there was a way to link the either it or the streaming player from opera mini like you could from the older opera...I'm sure there is an you geniuses here could figure it out but I cannot even begin to fathom how myself.

Edited by bmt10

Guest Bryan W.

Just FYI, I found a solution (sorry never posted in my thread) to the unresponsive screen. It was to remove S2U2. When I frequently take the phone from my face and put it back close again (causes the screen to turn off and on over and over), the screen eventually got stuck off off until reset. Perhaps that that was only for me or I did something wrong. After that I just stuck with your default roms.

I'm only saying this so that it is well tested before being sent into the field. Hopefully it works, because I really liked it. Please note I don't know about the latest version thats out, perhaps that is addressed.

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest amdzero
Just FYI, I found a solution (sorry never posted in my thread) to the unresponsive screen. It was to remove S2U2. When I frequently take the phone from my face and put it back close again (causes the screen to turn off and on over and over), the screen eventually got stuck off off until reset. Perhaps that that was only for me or I did something wrong. After that I just stuck with your default roms.

I'm only saying this so that it is well tested before being sent into the field. Hopefully it works, because I really liked it. Please note I don't know about the latest version thats out, perhaps that is addressed.

I haven't experienced this at all. I am running the latest version, and I realize there will be those who will not like s2U2, so for them they can remove it from the startup menu and be on their merry way.

Guest jezze boi
I haven't experienced this at all. I am running the latest version, and I realize there will be those who will not like s2U2, so for them they can remove it from the startup menu and be on their merry way.

and the few megabytes of files found in the Program Files folder :angry:

were you able to cab up jinbox? the one found in this ROM seems to have a more complete set of icons

Guest amdzero
and the few megabytes of files found in the Program Files folder :angry:

were you able to cab up jinbox? the one found in this ROM seems to have a more complete set of icons

still playing with Jinbox, I may cook it in the final or may leave it out. haven't decieded.

found an error with cookie no loading so I'm working on it now.

were you able to get streaming player to load?

Guest Bryan W.

I was just spontaneously motivated to say that you for all this work you do. For all the time you basically donate to us.

I look forward to next release. Thanks.

Edited by Bryan W.