Where do i start ?

Guest gillebob

Guest gillebob

Ok been playing with it for a day now, the dell that is, anyway bought it used from ebay although i dont think it was really used cause the charger and leads hadn't been unpacked. I'm in Ireland and on o2 so had ordered a rebelsim, surprisingly the dell works here without the rebelsim, so is it unlocked or o2.ie sim reckognised as an o2.uk sim ?

First impressions are obviously its big, not as fluid to use as my htc desire probably due to android 1.6 and htc senseUI so i'm hoping froyo will address this.

Video playback is very notchy/jerky compared to the htc.

It has an fmradio listed in applications that unfortunately doesn't seem to do anything.

And lastly i cant install non-market apps despite checking the box that allows it.

Hoping to use this as my main phone and get rid of the desire but i'll probably wait 'til froyo before deciding.

Any help with apps install prob would be much appreciated.

gillebob

Guest courtlandre

What does it say when you try to install an app? Just installation failed? I sometimes get that message when the app isn't compatible... maybe try a few more apps?

What program are you using for video playback? Mine has been very smooth.

Guest gillebob
What does it say when you try to install an app? Just installation failed? I sometimes get that message when the app isn't compatible... maybe try a few more apps?

What program are you using for video playback? Mine has been very smooth.

Ok copying the installation file to the sd card allows me to install apps.

Just using default video player, have just installed Rock-player and its no better, maybe the video files themselves are at fault?

Guest rovex

It is slower than the desire because of 1.6, but it will be updated. Movies that work on the desire are fine on the streak as well.

Some apps are 2.0+ only, they wont install (some launchers, Google Earth etc).