Battery Life Increases

Guest Michael Perry

Guest Michael Perry

Hi all-

I had read this on twitter from Paul regarding battery life and using newsrob but wanted to ensure that it got a wider audience since battery life is a big thing these days here and on XDA. If you are using newsrob and I have used it for some time, it definitely does affect battery life. I have noticed with newsrob installed that my battery with regular use and by regular I mean wifi, exchange email, web, calendar, gmail, market will be down to around 70% at the end of a 6 to 8 hour day. Now when I remove newsrob, battery life is over 80%. I'm not sure what's going on here besides that newsrob perhaps polls the google reader; but the difference is noticeable. I've been using the reader.google.com in a browser and the mobile version works just fine.

BTW, for me the kernel which comes with r18 also has really enhanced the whole battery life thing for me and I had tried a number of other kernels from XDA.

Thanks to Paul for posting this on twitter. Give it a try and see what you think.

Guest dyndragon
Hi all-

I had read this on twitter from Paul regarding battery life and using newsrob but wanted to ensure that it got a wider audience since battery life is a big thing these days here and on XDA. If you are using newsrob and I have used it for some time, it definitely does affect battery life. I have noticed with newsrob installed that my battery with regular use and by regular I mean wifi, exchange email, web, calendar, gmail, market will be down to around 70% at the end of a 6 to 8 hour day. Now when I remove newsrob, battery life is over 80%. I'm not sure what's going on here besides that newsrob perhaps polls the google reader; but the difference is noticeable. I've been using the reader.google.com in a browser and the mobile version works just fine.

BTW, for me the kernel which comes with r18 also has really enhanced the whole battery life thing for me and I had tried a number of other kernels from XDA.

Thanks to Paul for posting this on twitter. Give it a try and see what you think.

Is this irregardless of wifi-only syncing or not? I have newsrob syncing only when connected via wifi, so that should consume much less power.